Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali Jitendra BapatYour feedback matters!
Amazing non judgemental doctor. She explained everything very well.
????? ???? ?? ?????? ????????? ?? ???, ???,????? ???
???? ?????? ?? ???? ???? ??? ?? ??:? ?? ?? ?? ??? ????
?? ?? ??? ???? ???? ???? ? ???
???? ??? ?? ??? ???? ????? ????? ?? ????? ????:-
?????? ?? ???- 10 ?????
????????- 10 ?????
* ?? ?? ?? ????? ????? ?? ?????? ?? ???? ??? ??
???? ??? ??? ??? ?? ?? ??? ??? ??? ????? ??? ?: ????? ???
?????? ??? ?????? ???-??? ??? ???? ?? ???? ????
* ???? ?? ??????? ?? ????????, ??????? ??? ??? ????? ???
???????? ???? ???? ??? ???? ??? ????? ????, ???? ??????
?? ?????? ?????? ?? ??? ?? ????? ???? ?? ??????
?? ???? ???? ??? ???? ?? ???? ????? ?? ?? ???? ??
???? ??? ???? ????? ???
There is a widespread debate about the healthiness and nutritional value of non-vegetarian food. While the advocates of both the segments cheer their own cuisines, science has a completely different standpoint. Some of the common apprehensions of consuming non-vegetarian dishes include the occurrence of deadly diseases such as diabetes, cancer, obesity,, high blood pressure, renal diseases to name a few. This being said, there is no concrete evidence of any co-relation between non-vegetarian food and complicated diseases. As a matter of fact, non-vegetarian diet has numerous nutritional benefits.
- High source of nutrition: Non-vegetarian dishes, such as meat has high protein content and is enriched with vital amino acids. While protein is the building block of the body, amino acids ensure that the body is safeguarded from common ailments and strengthen the immune system.
- Rich iron content: Iron is a key component of the hemoglobin and the human body requires it in adequate quantities for normal functioning of the system. Red meat, soup and bone marrow, for instance, is a rich source of iron. It helps the body to safeguard itself against critical diseases such as anemia.
- The vital creatinine: Meat contains a vital component called creatinine that helps the body to build muscle. A study (Brown, 2008) revealed that most vegetarian infants portray stalled growth due to creatinine deficiency.
- Good source of B12: Vitamin B12 is an important constituent that the body requires for normal functioning. Lack of this vitamin causes Macrocytic Anemia. Infant of a vegetarian mother is often witnessed to be suffering from Anemia due to lack of B12.
- Easy phosphorus availability: Vegetarian dishes contain phytic acid which needs to be converted to phosphorus by complex chemical reactions. In sharp contrast, non-vegetarian meals have ready to absorb phosphorous content.
- Vitamin A and calcium availability: Fish has vitamin A that accounts for human intelligence and formation of memory. It also helps the body with calcium content for stronger teeth and bone formation. While calcium is available in vegetarian diets, the concentration of calcium is way more in fish and other non-vegetarian sources.
- Other mineral constituents: Non vegetarian diet contains some key minerals such as zinc, riboflavin, amino acid, lysine etc. These minerals are required by the body in adequate portions in order to avoid energy deficiencies. Some fishes contain a critical component called omega 3 acids which is required by the body for sound mental and physical health.
Non-vegetarian dishes, therefore, are definitely healthy and are consumed by millions of people across the world. While there are many advantages of non-veg food, too much consumption of red meat might lead to complicated diseases. It is, therefore, essential to maintain a balanced diet for the body to function well.
Hello Doctor, I recently got married, from that time, on wards I am not feeling healthy frequently suffering from fever. I got herpes infections and urine infection. I really do not know what is wrong with me? before marriage, I didn't suffer from fever these many times and I didn't get one infection also. Could you please help me how can I take precautions. My blood group is A and my husband blood group is B .Please tell is there problem with any blood group.
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.
People who have good emotional health are aware of their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. They have learned healthy ways to cope with the stress and problems that are a normal part of life. They feel good about themselves and have healthy relationships.
However, many things that happen in life can disrupt your emotional health and lead to strong feelings of sadness, stress, or anxiety. Good changes can be just as stressful as bad changes. These things include:
- Being laid off from your job
- Having a child leave or return home
- Dealing with the death of a loved one
- Getting divorced or married
- Suffering an illness or an injury
- Getting a job promotion
- Experiencing money problems
- Moving to a new home
- Having a baby
What is the mind-body link?
You may already be familiar with phrases which describe the mind-body connection in day-to-day life such as something being a “pain in the neck” - it generally symbolises 'burden over mind'.
When we talk about mind, people usually understand it as a collection of thoughts, feelings, beliefs, attitudes, memories, past experiences and personality that make up a person’s internal world.
Mind vs Brain
In colloquial terms, the words mind and brain may be used interchangeably but, the two are in fact not the same. While the brain is a physical organ, the mind can be described a virtual entity present within each cell of our body and extended to minimum 2 inches outside the body. That is why mind controls the body as a collection of thoughts, emotions, imagination and memories. When compared to a computer, the brain acts as the hardware while the mind is the software within it.
Is it all in my head?
Experiencing happiness or sadness not only affects your frame but also affects your physical health. For example, indigestion is commonly triggered by stress and anxiety. On the other hand, physical ailments also affect an individual’s mental well-being. Do you know anyone who feels happy when they are sick? Thus, the mind and body share a deep, cyclic connection. To be physically healthy is it important to be psychologically healthy and vice versa.
Emotions manifest themselves on an individual’s body in a number of ways. This ranges from changes in internal body temperature and blood sugar levels to hormonal imbalances and altered brain chemistry. Happiness and joyous emotions have the ability to boost immunity, alleviate pain and relax muscles while sadness and anxiety can increase heart beats, tighten muscles and dilate blood vessels. Over time, it can also lower a person’s immunity and make them more susceptible to bacterial and viral infections. Anxiety and depression can keep a person from eating nutritious food and exercising and hence lower his or her overall health. Poor emotional health could also encourage the use of stimulants such as alcohol and drugs that cause weight fluctuation, insomnia, tiredness, weakened gut health, sexual problems etc.
How do your thoughts and feelings affect your health?
Your brain produces substances that can improve your health. These substances include endorphins, which are natural painkillers, and gamma globulin, which strengthens your immune system.
Research shows that what your brain produces depends in part on your thoughts, feelings, and expectations. If you're sick but you have hope and a positive attitude and you believe that you'll get better, your brain is likely to produce chemicals that will boost your body's healing power.
Negative thoughts and emotions can keep your brain from producing some of the chemicals that help your body heal. But this doesn't mean you should blame yourself for getting sick or feeling down about a health problem. Some illnesses are beyond your control. But your thoughts and state of mind are resources you can use to get better.
The mind-body link and your health
Some of the body’s systems are more affected by the mind-body link more than others. You may recognise some listed below:
- Digestive System Changes: It is common to experience an upset stomach (e.g. nausea, diarrhoea, bloating or pain) during times of stress. There are lots of nerve connections between the brain and the gut. In fact, the gut is sometimes called the ‘Little Brain’ for this reason.
- Skin Conditions: People with skin conditions, including eczema or psoriasis, notice that during stressful periods their symptoms can become worse and respond less well to conventional treatments.
- Heart Symptoms: Changes in the way the heart works are common in stressful or exciting circumstances. For example, stress or excitement can cause the heart to beat faster and raise blood pressure. These normal changes in heart rate and blood pressure as a result of stress can be concerning for people with or without heart conditions.
- Fatigue: Fatigue can also be affected by how we think and feel. For example, boredom can lead to feeling fatigued and sleepy whereas an unexpected piece of good news could give you a burst of energy. Fatigue can also be present as part of mood problems such as depression and anxiety. People who experience health problems may struggle with fatigue which is a combination of physical and emotional factors.
- Thinking Styles: How you think - your ‘thinking style’ - can affect how you feel emotionally and physically. Some common thinking styles make it seem very likely that something bad is going to happen. This can make you feel worried, sad or upset even though the thought is not true.
Below is a short list of some of the more common types of psychotherapy. Some therapy techniques have been scientifically tested on a large scale basis; while others are newer and often combined with more established psychotherapies.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
Using the mind-body link to help you manage your health
- Learning how to relax can help your mind and body. You can try different things until you find one that works for you. For example: Listen to relaxing music.
- Spend five minutes focusing on the rhythm of your breath.
- Try using prayer or meditation to relax.
- Imagine being in a peaceful scene, such as a beach or woodland. Notice what you can see, hear, touch, taste and smell.
- Try not to rush around during the day. Leave plenty of time for your planned activities.
- Talk to someone when you are feeling stressed, anxious or down you might not feel like doing anything.
Thankfully, like physical ailments, emotional ailments too can be treated.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife is 22 weeks pregnant. She observed mild white Discharge from urine area not vaginal area from last one week in morning only. There is no itching, no pain, no pain during urinating, no other symptoms. Is it normal during pregnancy? Thanks in advance.
My wife deliver baby boy last Wednesday. Doctor recommended Shelcal 500 once in a day for 3 months. Which iron or calcium supplement should be given to her in addition to shelcal 500 Pls advice.
Pregnancy me period time to time ata hai kya nehin hota hai thoda bataiye. July to Dec month normal period hua hai bleeding thoda kam hua hai. Isme pregnancy ka chance se hai ya nehin sir please help me.
I am the age of 21 I have had sex first time while emitting there is lot of bleeding in private part from last four days there is continuous bleeding in the morning time while toilet. is this is normal ?
My friend is planning for a baby. She is a regular smoker but now she is trying to quit. Suggest what she should do now?
I am 48 and had married 3 years ago. I have been detected with fibroids in the uterus. Can I remove them and will be able to conceive. Thank you.
Yes, they can. Many STDs spread through any type of sexual activity, including skin-to-skin contact and oral sex. This is especially true of STDs that produce genital lesions or sores.
Doctor I have got my ultrasound done .the report was normal. Doctor I am sensing swelling in stomach. Also my menses are 3 days late. Is there any chances of pregnancy if I had last sex in sept and til then I have got menses twice i.e on 25sept and 24th oct .or is there any chance I am pregnant. Doctor can the ultrasound be wrong?
Hi, I'm 34 weeks pregnant and my weight is now 63 kgs. Pls suggest I'm under weight or what. What should be the idle weight? I got emotional for some silly reason and not feeling happy and tears came into my eyes. Does it effect on my baby. What should I do to have a normal delivery?
I am 25 yrs old women. I am feeling weak in evey day and my marriage life also impacting. I am working in night shift and everyday I will sleep for 9-10 hours but still I am not well. What should I do?
I am 20 years old girl. I had ny period from 2jan to 5 jan. Then I did sex on 10th jan. I took unwanted 72 within next 3 hours. I got unusual period type but light bleeding on 16th jan. Can you please tell me the reason. Was it my periods?
I am 25 years old unmarried girl, I have PCOD Problem, Because of that Lot of unwanted hair on my face ,acne problem also, my weight increased 7 kg with in one year, my doctor suggest to take metsmall, finast tablet, its a right medicine? And it will cause any side affect to my fertility? Please reply.
दाद, जिसे डर्माटोफायोटासिस या टिनिअ के रूप में भी जाना जाता है, त्वचा का एक कवक संक्रमण है। "दाद" एक मिथ्या नाम है, क्योंकि संक्रमण एक कवक के कारण होता है, कीड़ा द्वारा नहीं। संक्रमण शुरू में त्वचा के प्रभावित क्षेत्रों पर लाल पैच के साथ प्रस्तुत होता है और बाद में शरीर के अन्य भागों में फैलता है। यह संक्रमण खोपड़ी, पैर, ऊसन्धि, दाढ़ी या अन्य क्षेत्रों की त्वचा को प्रभावित कर सकता है।
दाद प्रभावित शरीर के हिस्से के आधार पर अलग-अलग नाम से जाना जाता है। कुछ प्रकार के दाद के संक्रमण में टिनिया कैपिटिस (स्कैल्प), टिनिया कॉर्पोरिस (शरीर), टिनिआ क्रूरिस (जॉक खुजली), टिनिया पेडीस (एथलीट फुट/ पैरों का दाद) शामिल हैं। ट्राइकोफिटन, माइक्रोसोरम, और एपिडर्मोफटन कवक के प्रकार हैं जो दाद पैदा कर सकते है।
दाद के लिए उपाय
चाहे जहां भी संक्रमण हो, आप छुटकारा पाने के लिए कुछ प्राकृतिक उपचार का उपयोग कर सकते हैं।
लहसुन में एजोन्ने, एक प्राकृतिक एंटिफंगल एजेंट है। अध्ययनों से पता चलता है कि इस फंगल संक्रमण को चंगा करने के लिए एजोन्ने महान है। लहसुन का एक फांक छीलकर, उसे पतली स्लाइस में काट लें। प्रभावित क्षेत्र पर यह पतली स्लाइस रखें और उसके चारों ओर एक पट्टी लपेटें। रात भर के लिए इसे छोड़ दें। वैकल्पिक रूप से, आप प्रभावित क्षेत्र पर लहसुन पेस्ट भी लागू कर, इसे रात भर छोड़ सकते हैं।
2. नारियल का तेल:
नारियल तेल बाल और खोपड़ी से संबंधित समस्याओं के लिए एक अच्छी तरह से जाना जाता उपाय है। इसका इस्तेमाल दाद का इलाज करने के लिए भी किया जा सकता है। यह तेल न सिर्फ़ खुजली वाली त्वचा से राहत प्रदान करता है बल्कि क्षेत्र को चिकना और नरम भी बना देता है। बस प्रभावित क्षेत्र पर नारियल तेल लगाएँ और रात भर के लिये छोड़ दें।
हल्दी न केवल एक प्राकृतिक एंटीबायोटिक है, बल्कि इसके कई स्वास्थ्य लाभ भी हैं। यह शक्तिशाली मसाला कई बैक्टीरिया और कवक संक्रमणों के उपचार में प्रभावी है। दाद का इलाज करने के लिए, पानी और हल्दी मिला कर एक गाढ़ा पेस्ट बनाएँ, और एक रूई की गेंद का उपयोग कर प्रभावित क्षेत्र पर इसे लागू करें। प्रभावी परिणाम पाने के लिए आपको रोज यह 2-3 बार दोहराने की जरूरत है।
एलोवेरा एक लोकप्रिय आयुर्वेदिक दवा है, जिसका उपयोग बीमारियों की एक विस्तृत श्रृंखला के लिए किया जाता है। यह एंटिफंगल और जीवाणुरोधी है और धूप की कालिमा, दाद, चकत्ते, कटौती आदि के इलाज में मदद कर सकता है। इसके अलावा, यह त्वचा की पुनः पूर्ति करने के लिए कई पोषक तत्व और खनिज प्रदान करता है। प्रभावित इलाके पर सीधे एलोवेरा जेल को लागू करें और रात भर के लिए इसे छोड़ दें। फिर सुबह इसे धो लें।
5. सेब का सिरका:
सेब का सिरका भी जीवाणुरोधी और एंटिफंगल गुणों के लिए जाना जाता है। सर्वोत्तम परिणाम के लिए, संक्रमित क्षेत्र पर एक रूई की गेंद के साथ सेब का सिरका लागू करें। इसे एक दिन में कम से कम 5 बार दोहराएं।
6. सिरका और नमक:
सिरका और नमक का उपयोग करके गाढ़ा पेस्ट बनायें। संक्रमित क्षेत्र पर इस मिश्रण को लागू करें। इसे 5-10 मिनट के लिए छोड़ दें और फिर इसे धो लें।
7. चाय के पेड़ का तेल:
चाय के पेड़ के तेल में एंटिफंगल और एंटीसेप्टिक एजेंट होते हैं जो विभिन्न प्रकार के त्वचा रोगों का इलाज कर सकते हैं। इसका उपयोग मुँहासे, जीवाण्विक संक्रमण, मुँह के छाले, सोरायसिस, कीट के काटने आदि के इलाज के लिए लंबे समय से किया गया है। संक्रमित क्षेत्र पर एक रूई की गेंद के साथ चाय के पेड़ का तेल लागू करें। इसे हर दिन तीन बार दोहराएं।
8. सरसों के बीज:
30 मिनट के लिए पानी में सरसों के बीज भिगोएँ और उन्हें मोटी पेस्ट बनाने के लिए पीस लें। संक्रमित क्षेत्र पर इस पेस्ट को लागू करें।