Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AnjaliYour feedback matters!
Hi, My right Fallopian tube has been removed. Yet i can not get pregnant. How it is possible to get pregnant again?
My wife is pregnant and is in her 2nd month. She is suffering from severe loose motions since last 4 months. We consulted many good doctors at our place but still she has not been cured. What shall I do?
Plz tell me what a issue create with me. My wife is not pregnant. We both do all types of sex. But one thing that is regularly repeat with me. In the last the sex is over. The sperm fallen down outside from vagina. . please suggest me.
Plz tell me im worried about my periods I should have got 19 march its almost going to be one month late. Im not sexually active. Im taking m. E.N.S.O.O.N tablet for delayed periods how many days I should wait to get periods. Even I completed 6 tablets of it. Again after 2 days im taking m. E. N. S. O. O. N. please tell me wat b reason and is it ok to miss periods like dis. Almost 20 days delayed.
Can somebody please explain me in simple words that what is likely hemorrhagic cyst right ovary and how to get rid of this.
Mai janna chata hu ke period ke kitne din bad bina precaution liye sex karne se pregnant nehi hote. Please advise.
I have a problem in my body the problem name is manopose please tell me the solution of this problem.
Hysterectomy is a procedure that is used to treat a wide variety of conditions. A partial hysterectomy is performed for the removal of the uterus whereas a myomectomy is performed for the removal of the fibroids. A complete hysterectomy is performed in order to remove the uterus and the cervix. With hysterectomy, there comes some critical and sensitive topic that needs to be discussed with the surgeon. Here is a list of top 10 things that need to be known about hysterectomy:
- The sex life concern: Unlike common apprehension, hysterectomy doesn’t necessarily mean the end of sex life. In the worst case scenario where the cervix is removed, it takes around 6 weeks before one can resume the sex life.
- Hysterectomy can’t cure endometriosis: Endometriosis is a condition that is characterised by menstrual cramp, painful intercourse and chronic pain. Hysterectomy is not the first line of treatment for a condition like this. If any doctor has suggested it, it makes sense to take a second opinion.
- Hysterectomy doesn’t mean menopause: This procedure doesn’t mean a menopause or an inability to get pregnant. There are certain other misconceptions such as getting night sweats, hot flashes and menstrual cramp etc. On the contrary, a well-performed procedure will ensure that a person doesn’t feel a thing after the surgery.
- The loss in ovaries: Depending on the condition of a patient, a doctor might remove the fallopian tube, uterus and ovaries. It necessarily means a sudden loss of oestrogen and progesterone hormone abruptly. Both this hormone are critical for bone and sexual health. It might also lead to menopause, decreased urge in sex and hot flashes during the night. It is therefore very important to discuss each and every aspect of the procedure before the surgery begins.
- Hormonal therapy: Since the removal of ovaries is likely to cause physical discomfort to the body, hormonal therapy can come to the rescue of an individual. Hormonal therapy can curtail the risk of blood clot formation, heart diseases, stroke etc.
- Explore other non-surgical options: Hysterectomy is not the last word for any uterus or ovary related problems. The goal is to keep the uterus intact. There are certain less evasive procedures to save ovaries and uterus. This is where multiple opinions come handy.
- Less invasive options: There exist less invasive surgeries for treatment related to uterus and ovaries. For instance, a robotic hysterectomy causes far less pain as compared to traditional procedure. It also ensures less loss of blood from the system resulting in less weakness.
- The morcellation technique: In case a uterus has to be removed, doctors these days use a process known as morcellation. The latter involves making small cuts into various places of the uterus in order to bring it out. The false apprehension of this process causing cancer cells in the body is not true. Only if a patient is suffering from a particular kind of cancer, it might spread to other parts of the body. A doctor has to be consulted to assure such a thing doesn’t happen.
- Cancer apprehension: For people facing a gene defect such as BRAC1 and BRAC2 hysterectomy can reduce the chance of ovarian cancer by a good 80 percent.
- Physiological healing post hysterectomy: Although physical healing takes no more than 6 weeks after the procedure, the emotional healing might take some time. It makes sense to seek professional help for postoperative depression.
Hi my friend has done a sex with her girlfriend sex mean not totally sex he just put into pussy and taken out in fraction of minute no sperm entered into her he thinks but he was fully tension is there any problem please give the solution.
The Tulsi plant or holy Tulsi has been an intrinsic part of Indian history. It runs so deep within the realm of our understanding and profession of Hinduism or of an overly eastern way of life, that you use it as a metaphor for sanctity. Most Hindu households, both rural and urban, worship this plant. The benefits of this herb have had the support of a huge mass of people who would not have settled for anything other than a scientific approval of their faith; the humor in this statement eludes most proving every bit of truth in it. Indeed, this healthy herb has been found to be helpful in more than a couple of ways and has thus, transcended the limits of domestic and cultural identities.
See for yourself how healthy is Tulsi:
- Fight off cancer with Tulsi leaves: Tulsi plant is widely sought after for its anti-carcinogenic properties. It is also known to counter bacteria and other viral infections. One may even use its leaves as an antibiotic. Regular consumption of its leaves on an empty stomach can rid you of recurrent problems like fever or cough and cold.
- Pamper your skin with a touch of health: Tulsi is known to detoxify and cleanse the human body. Most skin disorders arise due to underlying skin infections. These infections are usually the result of toxins. Applying a Tulsi pack or drinking herbal teas can therefore be effective.
- Say goodbye to crushing digestive problems: Tulsi can build up your immunity against common conditions like diarrhea or dysentery. People suffering from slow bowel movement have also gained from this herb. It propels good digestion.
- A big threat to mosquito borne diseases: Treatment of Malaria and dengue incurs thousands. Using Tulsi as a preventive herb can be of significant help. Tulsi is also known to cure hepatitis and tuberculosis.
- Bathe in Tulsi water to remedy rashes: Adding Tulsi leaves to your bathing water successfully deals with germs and bacteria. You can easily tackle itchy skin, rashes, and boils with this simple tip.
I want to ask you ki kya pregnancy k doran periods ka rukna jruri hai ya kai baar periods continue rehte hain pregnancy mein. Kya hum pregnant hone k sath b peeiods aate rrhte hain hmein ya periods rukna bht jruri hai. Pls Dr. Hepl me.
1) Save electricity, save money
Ÿ Switch off when not in use.
Plugged in chargers waste power, so switch off if not charging!Computer in sleep mode draw power, so shut it down at night
Ÿ Replace incandescent bulbs with LED Bulbs.They are 80% cheaper to run and healthier than CFL bulbs.
Ÿ Use star rated appliances..Air conditioner, washing machine, refrigerator. They save power in the long run.
Ÿ Don't use the dryer , just hang clothes to dry.
Ÿ Keep refrigerator in shaded part of room , that way less power is used to cool.
Ÿ Use microwave for reheating rather than conventional ovens, definitely less electricity consumption with microwave usage.
Ÿ Stop opening the oven to check repeatedly, it causes heat to be lost.
Ÿ Decide what you want out of the fridge..don't keep it open, while you think!
Ÿ Use cold water for washing clothes in washing machine.Upto 40$ per year may be saved in your power bills by this little change.
Ÿ Use fully loaded washing machine and dishwashers before running them.
2) Save water
Water is a finite resource of ghis world.Use it with care.
Ÿ Close the tap when brushing your teeth, and other chores.Dont keep it running
Ÿ Use a low flow shower head.You can also try using the bucket and mug Method!
Ÿ Use a low flow flush .You may save upto 160,000litre water per year
Ÿ Fix the drip.Wastage of water upto 192 gallons per year may be avoided, by stopping the dripping tap.
Ÿ Collect water used to wash fruits, vegetables, pulses etc, and use it to water your plants.
3)Use green indoor plants to purify indoor air.
Indoor plants like peace lily and Areca palms remove formaldehyde and benzene fumes from indoor air.
4) Reuse, Recycle, up cycle your stuff at home.The less you discard the less stuff ends up in the landfill.
5) Make large furniture buying decisions strictly from, eco friendly sustainable furniture sources.Furniture's are expensive .Buy after planning
So this decision should be taken with much care
Bamboo furniture's are eco friendly ,as bamboo is a fast growing sustainable grass and not wood.Reclaimed wood, Stainless steel furniture's are green choices which are not too expensive.
You can shop from Craig list , eBay and refurbish your finds.Just take care if it's painted furniture, the paint may contain leas, so proper care needs to be taken while repainting.
6) Save petrol
Ÿ Use a carpool
Ÿ Regularly servicing the car will ensure less fuel wastage
Ÿ Empty the trunk, it increase fuel efficiency.
7) When out shopping carry your own reusable shopping bag.
That way you avoid buying the plastic or paper bag the the store may be giving or Selling!
8) Save paper
Ÿ Pay tax online and ask for an ex receipt.
Ÿ Pay tour bills online.
Ÿ But your train and plain tickets online.
Ÿ Buy your movie tickets online.
Ÿ Buy ebooks, used books
Ÿ Stop buying newspaper and read the news online.
Ÿ Print on both sides of the paper.
Ÿ Use cloth napkins instead of paper ones.
9) Take the stairs and not the elevator. Good for your health and the health of the environment.
10)Buy local, as far as possible. The lower the charge of transportation , the more money you save and less is your carbon footprint.
We spend the major portion of a 24 hour timespan at home.The healthier the home environment the better it is for your health..
Take one step at a time .Make one small change everyday.Soon you will not only be making your home green ,eco friendly and healthy, but also be inspiring others to make the change.
Write to me if you want specific information about Healthy home, lifestyle health care. I love hearing from my readers.
Menstruation is the monthly discharge of blood from the vagina, which lasts for about 5 to 6 days. It is the shedding of the inner lining of the uterus, when pregnancy does not occur after the release of egg from the ovary. Menstrual periods are generally often accompanied by painful cramps in the lower abdomen, heavy bleeding, weakness, water retention, irritability and malaise.
What is Menorrhagia?
Very heavy or prolonged periods are medically termed as menorrhagia. It is abnormally heavy bleeding if there is a requirement to change sanitary napkins or tampons several times within a very short span of time. Passing large blood clots, night time bleeding, bleeding for over 7 -8 days, are other symptoms that one might be suffering from menorrhagia.
Common Causes Behind It
Menorrhagia is mostly a cause of hormonal imbalances, particularly in the levels of estrogens and progesterone.
Fibroids, cysts or polyps in the organs of the reproductive system, which includes the uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes.
History of miscarriage or failed pregnancies.
Use of contraceptives
How can you treat heavy bleeding during menses
Change of diet: You must include more minerals, iron, magnesium and calcium in your diet. Your diet must comprise a lot of green vegetables, fresh fruits and dairy products.
Some non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen may be prescribed to reduce the blood loss.
Certain hormonal therapies to regulate the hormonal imbalances and menstrual irregularities.
Home remedies such as intake of certain herbs, ginger and coriander seeds help to control heavy bleeding.
Increasing magnesium intake to balance out levels of oestrogen.
It is best to stick to natural remedies, as it generally does not create complications in other bodily functions.
If the bleeding cannot be controlled even after a change of diet and home remedies, you must consult the gynaecologist as soon as possible. Heavy bleeding is a serious problem, especially if accompanied by dizziness, fluctuations in the blood pressure, nausea and weight loss. Severe cramps and constant bleeding can hinder daily routine, therefore, the earlier you receive medical attention, the quicker you will get relief.
Every woman is different. So are her experiences of pregnancy. Not every woman has the same symptoms or even the same symptoms from one pregnancy to the next.
1. Fatigue - If you're suddenly exhausted, it might be a response to the increasing hormones in your body. Don't treat fatigue with excessive caffeine if there is a chance you may be pregnant.
2. Sensitivity to certain Smells – Certain pleasant or unpleasant smells can make you nauseous. If you're repulsed by certain smells, or have an increased sensitivity to odors.
3. Nausea and Vomiting – This is due to rising hormones levels in early pregnancy
4. Breast Tenderness – Tender and heavy-feeling breasts, darkening of the areolas and even more pronounced veins on your chest can be a first sign that you're pregnant. Get a well fitted bra to ease the discomfort
5. Frequent Urination – In early pregnancy the uterus grows and pushes on the bladder, triggering the urge to urinate more often.
6. Shortness of Breath - This is because you need extra oxygen due to the growing embryo
7. Spotting and Cramping – This is due to implantation of the fertilized egg to wall of the uterus. Is it PMS or pregnancy? It's hard to tell, but if you're feeling crampy, it might be your uterus stretching to get ready for a baby.
8. Mood swings- These are also related to changes in hormones
9. Constipation - The higher levels of the hormone progesterone can make you constipated. You swear you fit in your skinny jeans just last week. If you're feeling a little puffy or backed up, it might be extra progesterone due to pregnancy, which slows down your digestive system.
10. Late Period
Many of the early signs of pregnancy are also symptoms of PMS. How to tell the difference? The most telling clue yet will be a missed period. If your cycle is fairly regular and you're late, you should head to the drugstore for pregnancy test kit or a gynecologist
A pregnant woman could have all of these or maybe have only one or two. If any of these symptoms become bothersome, then visit your Gynecologist and Obstetrician for consultation.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta