Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali GokarnaYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I'm recently blessed with a Baby girl. C is going to b 1 month old in 2 days. From last 4 days I'm noticing that my baby is having problem in urinating. Like whenever c urge to pee she cries very hard as if in too much pain N forces too mch in abdominal region. After forcing and crying N trying 2 or 3 minz later she cud pee. And this happens every time she urinates. Earlier c wasn't like dat. Is there anything serious? Is she having infection? I'm too much worried. Kindly suggest.
Baby 17 days ka hai. Premechure baby 34 week ka hai. Problem ye hai ke ek to weight kam hai. Dusra mother feed nhi karwa pa rahi kyuki nippal ander hai. Use lectojan de rahe hai katori chhamach se. Baby jaisa janam ke samay that. Waise he dikhta hai. Weight badane ke liye kya kare. Cow ka milk de sakte hai kya. Hindi me answer de.
My baby has dark patch on his face since birth which has become darker. He is 1 year old wat is the remedy for this.
My baby is 2 month and 20 days old and he is taking 90 ml feed in 1 hour and if we don't give he start crying and stop when we give milk again. He is completely on NAN1 formula milk, Please suggest is it right to give that amount of formula milk.
Excessive hair fall, thinning of hair and bald spots are not only concerns of adults, children too suffer from hair woes. Look for signs and identify causes that are leading to your child's hair loss. With proper treatment hair loss can be reversed and your child's hair can be restored.
Look for these signs to determine whether your child is suffering from hair loss.
- Bald patches on the head.
- Loss of hair from the entire body
- Excessive hair loss but not complete fallout
- Spots of broken hair and scattered hair loss
- Alopecia areata - This condition results in oval patches of hair fallout from certain portions of the head. It is a noncontiguous condition that appears when the body's immunization attacks the hair follicles. About 25% of affected kids also suffer from ridging nails.
- Tinea capitis - Also known as ringworms of the scalp, this is a type of fungal infections that are often seen in children. It causes oval shaped scaly spots on the head due to breakage of hair and the remaining roots seem like black spots.
- Telogen effluvium - If your child has undergone some kind of trauma, be it physical or psychological, it can cause the hair follicles to enter into the resting phase and within 6 to 16 weeks excessive hair loss occurs leaving your child partially bald.
- Trichotillomania - Stress or anxiety can cause your child to pull out his/her own hair. This results in scattered hair loss and broken hair which is prominent on the sides of the head.
- Lack of nutrients - Nutritional deficiency can cause hair loss if your child lacks vitamin A, B complex and biotin it can trigger hair fall.
Hair fall in children is common and treatable if they are of medical causes. Sometimes rubbing and playing with hair can also cause hair loss so parents are advised to look into all the probable causes that might lead to shedding.
Related Tip: What is the Most Effective Hair Regrowth Treatment??