Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Anitha ShettyYour feedback matters!
My menstruation days are taking longer days after every month, now it's taken 35 days for menstruation, I want to conceive and me and My husband's report are normal, I don't know really what should I do. Please suggest.
Hello mein two weeks pregnent hu or mujhe lower back mein pain h kya ye normal h or kya mein hot water bottle rakh sakti hu. Pls help.
I have irregular periods. And I also have thyroid for which I am taking medicines. How can I understand if I am having pcos problem or not.
Eating any pregnancy prevention medicines after sex is good? Please suggest me any medicine. I will be married on december. But I have to complete my studies. Please help me.
It may appear counterintuitive, but including a little bit of sweets in your meal could help you stop gaining unhealthy weight new research suggests. Eating sweet food causes the brain to form a memory of a meal and this memory can help you better control eating habits, the researchers explained.
Neurons in the dorsa hippocampus, the part of the brain that is critical for episodic memory are activated by consuming sweets. Episodic memory is the autobiographical events experienced at a particular time and place.
After menopause.Pregnancy could happen ? At what age women reach it ?please provide me the detail on this?
Meri marraige ko 5 years ho gaya ha. Lekin meri wife pregnent nahi ho paa rahi he. Bahut sare Dr. Ko dikhya but koi fayada nahi hua. Kuch solution ho to batayenge.
I am 23 age of female and got married last November. I am trying to get Baby still not worked. And I get consultation with Sid ha doctor, they said my body very heat and I want to reduce that and given some medicines to reduce. Last 6 months I taking that medicines but still not worked any thing. Is there any problem in my body Also getting my periods on regularly. Kindly advice.
My friend is suffering through a problem of polycystic ovary syndrome [pcos],and because of it she is not able to reduce he weight. She is doing a good heavy workout which includes running and cardio and having a protein diet which is given by a dietician. It has been a month or more than that. After all these hard work there is no result seen in her body She's is looking all the way same as she was used to look like. It's a request to all the doctors if anyone could give a better advice what she should do to reduce her body weight.
I am 30 years unmarried girl, PCOD sufferer kindly suggest me what should I do as I have gained 15 kg weight
Hi I Was on Novelon pill pack from june. Missed second last pill of june doubled up with the last took a break of 6 days. On which had menses. Started new pack from july 8th. Had intercourse on 9th condom was their but its been used thrice but it did not break. This was first intercourse and the second was one 14th july it was the last one very well protected. Missed 21st july pill doubled up on 22nd july had a very light bleeding on 22nd july (do not know implantation or breakthrough bleeding due to missing pills) was too stressed out all the time so felt slightly nauseated. Pill pack ended on 28th july bleeding from 1-6 aug. No pills or intercourse after withdrawal bleed. Period was due on 1st sept and as it did not came till 8th. Did a usg on 8th shows marginally bulky anteverted uterus with normal myometrial echo texture, cervix normal, no collection seen in pod, no sol seen, endometrial cavity empty, ureter not dilated, kidney normal. Bulky ovaries with mildly increase stromal echogenicity, and tiny follicles arranged peripherally. Beta hcg on the same day (10 weeks from first and 9 weeks from Last intercourse) was 0.11 Doctor prescribed tab deviry for 5 days 2 doses each day. But I got my period just after 1 dose. It was heavy with clots and continued from 11-16th sept. Before periods breast was sore and stomach had become bulky but after periods it has all gone. I was doing a lot of exercise lately like crunches leg rise etc. Abd suddenly as I woke up on 21st sept (12 weeks from first and 11 weeks from last intercourse) I felt my pubic bone which I did not felt earlier and it was hard on the middle and on the right side. I got scared and did a usg. Report shows everything normal but ovaries bulky with pcod. Uterus also normal. Can I still be pregnant if I got my periods twice in the consecutive months with multiple negative hpt at 4,5,6,7,8,11,12 weeks with first morning urine and my beta hcg 0.11 and usg shows only pcod? Why can I feel my pelvic bone. I was 72 kgs earlier now I am weighing 68 kgs. Lost 4 kgs can these be the reason I cn fl my pelvic bone? Or is it due to pregnancy? Or it can be due to exercise? Please help as I dnt want to get pregnant right at the moment. And its almost 3 months and still nothing has been shown but why m I fln a hardness in that area. Firstly I thought uterus but the person doing usg told that my uterus is normal. Is this due oestitis pubis? M doing lot of exercises these days can it be just because of that. The area above my pubic bone is not that hard. But I feel pain while touching the front pubic bone. Is their any minute risk of pregnancy even if my last intercourse was 3 months before with multiple negative hpt, negative blood test and usg only showing pcod. M feeling gassy throughout past three months. Is it due to stress?
Hello I have a question my wife is just 21 and I am 24 she want to intercourse with her daily and also she is very seductive and also she want to force me do rough sex is there is any problem if I doing these things.
The lungs are made of pipes - starting from the nostrils all the way to the fine tubules in the lungs, through which the air we breathe passes through. The inhaled air also contains a lot of other particles - dust, pollen, virus, cigarette smoke, etc. Very often, the body is allergic to one or more of these particles, and the bronchi are constantly irritated and inflamed due to their sustained exposure. This causes allergic bronchitis which is identified by symptoms like chronic coughing, difficulty breathing, hoarseness, nasal congestion.
Ayurveda believes that the human body has 3 doshas or bio elements - vata, pitta, and kapha. Any disease is believed to be due to one of these being affected. Allergic bronchitis is believed to be an issue with vata.
- The most effective treatment for bronchitis is believed to be a glass of milk mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder in it. This mixture is believed to be most effective when taken on an empty stomach and can be had 2 to 3 times a day.
- Equal portions of powders of dry ginger, long pepper, and black pepper can be mixed with honey to make a smooth paste. This can be had 2 to 3 times a day to see wonderful results.
- One-half teaspoon of licorice powder mixed in 1 cup of water can be boiled, cooled, and stored to be consumed through the day.
- A creeping plant known as somlata (Ephedra vulgaris) is found to be highly efficacious in relieving asthma. This grows in western Himalayas in abundance and is sent in hundreds of tonnes to western countries where ephedrine is prepared from it. The powder made from the whole plant, after drying in the shade and is given in the dosage of 100 to 250 milligrams, mixed with honey or water at the intervals of 8 to 4 hours.
- Kapha katari - Literally translates as phlegm cutter, this works immediately. The powder needs to be wrapped in betel leaf and chewed slowly. Continue with another 4 doses over the next 24 hours.
- Kanakasava - The extract of Datura is very effective in halting bronchitis but needs to be taken under medical supervision only. This is habit-forming and therefore, needs to be used cautiously.
In addition, follow these general considerations too:
- Avoid or minimize exposure to known allergens, cigarette smoke and pollution
- Drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water to help form a thin mucous
- Avoid dust in the bedroom, avoid feather pillows
- Regularly vacuum clean the house
- Do yoga, especially the breathing asanas which are very beneficial for bronchitis patients
Allergic bronchitis is a chronic condition, and acute attacks can be avoided by following some of the pointers mentioned above.
My mother is 50 year old. She has itching on her vagina from two days. What is thecreason behind this? How to prevent itching?
1. Iodine Rich Foods
Make sure that you consume a diet that is rich in iodine. Some of the most common foods that you can think about that is rich in iodine are:
• Seaweeds and sea foods
• Salt water fish
• Nori rolls
Be certain to use iodized salt while preparing food as it is found to be very effective for hypothyroidism.
One of the most commonly found fruits are bananas. Try to include bananas in your daily diet as it is a good food for hypothyroidism.
• Take at least two to three bananas a day. Make sure that you eat ripe bananas.
• You can also at times consume a banana milkshake that is prepared with low fat or skimmed milk.
One of the best known remedies to treat all kinds of disorders as well as hypothyroidism is pure drinking water.
• Make sure that you drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
• Water will help to flush out all toxins in your body.
• It will also prevent you from getting dehydrated so that your body does not store more fat and hence you do not gain excess weight.
4. Eating More Fruits And Vegetables
Try to include more fruits and vegetables in your diet. This will help you to stay healthy and is highly recommended to prevent hypothyroidism.
• It would be better for you to choose a complete veg. meal plan full of greens and vegetables one or two days in a week.
• You also need to follow a strict fruit plan diet for a day in a week to fight hypothyroidism.
5. Selenium Rich Foods
Going for foods that are rich in selenium will help in fighting hypothyroidism.
• Make sure to make onions and dairy products as part of your daily diet.
• You also need to occasionally include chicken, salmon, tuna and meat in your daily diet. Try to use one product a day.
• It is important for you to use a lot of garlic in your food preparation.
• Brazil nuts as well as whole unrefined grains also help in fighting hypothyroidism and you need to take them at least once a week.
6. High Fiber Diet
It is important for you to take a high fiber diet so that you do not gain weight that easily and this will help to prevent hypothyroidism.
• Add beans, oatmeal and whole wheat to your daily diet to improve your bowel movement and to reduce the cholesterol levels in your body.
• Make sure that you only consume brown rice and not white rice in any form when you suffer from hypothyroidism.
7. Green Tea
One of the best foods known to treat hypothyroidism is green tea. It has antioxidants and will help in reducing body weight.
• It is ideal for you to include green tea in your daily diet and try to skip other drinks like coffee and black tea.
• It would be ideal for you to consume thee to four cups of hot green tea to increase body metabolism and to burn fat.
8. Tyrosine Rich Foods
One of the best methods to increase the production of thyroid hormones in your body is to consume foods that are rich in tyrosine.
• Lean meat
• Soy products
9. Coconut Oil
Take coconut oil cooked food will help in improving the production of thyroid hormone and will help in preventing hypothyroidism.
• Add a tablespoon of coconut oil in your diet every day.
• It helps in increasing metabolism and is also an emery booster.
• Make sure that you consume it in moderation depending on your age and lifestyle and structure of your body.
10. Vitamin A, Zinc And Copper Foods
It is ideal for you to consume Vitamin A, zinc and copper rich foods in order to increase the production of thyroid hormones in your body.
Vitamin A Rich Foods
• Yellow vegetables
• Dark vegetables
Zinc And Copper Foods
• Lean Beef
• Dried beans
• Seeds and nuts
• Organ meats that are range free.