Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anitha Shetty
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anitha ShettyYour feedback matters!
I had a sex with my wife on her 5 day of her dates I had used condam is there any chance of pregnancy ?
My wife is suffering from irregular periods. She is not having periods from last 8 months that is after 2 months of marriage. We have consult 5-6 doctors, she got periods for 1 months but that is also not normal and for 4 days only when we were doing her treatment with known doctor. As per my mother (Mother in law of patient) she would be having the same problem before marriage also, and the doctors also asking about back history, but my wife was not having this problem before marriage. So please I humbly request you tell me that is it necessary that for the above mentioned case there should be a back history means before marriage also she was facing the same issue or this happen after marriage also because all doctors to whom we consult they are also telling the same that this is the first case that we are handling in which patient having this issue after marriage only not before marriage. She is not having periods from last 7-8 months. So I humbly request you please tell my answer and suggest what I do next it very important and urgent.
How much amount folic acid I have to consume daily becoz I am finding folic acid tablets of 5 mg .is it safe to take 5 mg daily? And up to how many days I have to take as I am trying to conceive.
Hi, I had I pill after intimacy and I had a blood flow after that. Is that due to conception or other reason. Please let me know soon.
I got my last periods on 8th July after day I am not getting I am fat I have pcod problem also when I will take medicine it will me OK when I am stopping the medicine periods are also stopping I dnt want to take support of medicine I want it to come naturally so plzz suggest me some home remedy of tips.
How good you perform in bed depends not only in your moves, but strangely and incredibly on what you eat. A good sexual life is desired by all and if that is linked with food, it only makes the prospect attainable and easy.
Some of the foods which help you spice up your sex life are:
- Strawberries: The reputation of strawberries as an aphrodisiac is well known as well as well established. According to research, strawberry considerably improves sexual functioning in men and women. At the same time, it is rich in antioxidants and increases sperm count in men.
- Avocados: It is a common knowledge that anything that helps the functioning of heart and enhances blood circulation works as a great boost for the sex life. It is precisely this that makes Avocadoes a great option to improve your sex life. Being rich in vitamin E, they work wonders for the heart, thereby reducing the risk of an erectile dysfunction that most men suffering from heart diseases tend to develop.
- Almonds: It is common knowledge that almonds are good not only for your health, but also for spicing up your sex life. Being rich in selenium, almonds help in treating problems related to infertility. At the same time, they boost libido in men and increase the production of sex hormones in men.
- Sweet potatoes: Unknown to many, sweet potatoes are a great aphrodisiac. Packed with potassium, they help in preventing high blood pressure, thereby reducing chances of erectile dysfunction.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds, a common ingredient in many of your food items, are packed with zinc. It is this that makes them an excellent source for boosting libido.
- Watermelon: This may top your list as a favorite fruit as it provides considerable relief in summer but what you may know is that along with low calories, it is high in phytonutrients, thereby helping in improving your sex life.
There are a number of things that may be keeping you from getting pregnant:
Damage to your fallopian tubes.These structures carry eggs from your ovaries, which produce eggs, to the uterus, where the baby develops. They can get damaged when scars form after pelvic infections,endometriosis, and pelvic surgery. That can prevent sperm from reaching an egg.
Hormonal problems.You may not be getting pregnant because your body isn't going through the usual hormone changes that lead to the release of an egg from the ovary and the thickening of the lining of the uterus.
Cervical issues.Some women have a condition that prevents sperm from passing through the cervical canal.
Uterine trouble.You may have polyps andfibroids that interfere with getting pregnant. Uterine polyps and fibroids happen when too many cells grow in the endometrium, the lining of the uterus.
" unexplained" infertility.For about 20% of couples who have infertility problems, the exact causes are never pinpointed.
Tests for infertility
Your doctor may order several tests, including a blood test to check hormone levels and an endometrial biopsy to examine the lining of your uterus.
Hysterosalpingography (hsg).This procedure involvesultrasoundor x-rays of your reproductive organs. A doctor injects either dye or saline and air into your cervix, which travel up through your fallopian tubes. With this method, your doctor can check to see if the tubes are blocked.
Laparoscopy.Your doctor puts a laparoscope -- a slender tube fitted with a tiny camera -- through a small cut near your belly button. This lets him view the outside of your uterus, ovaries, and fallopian tubes to check for abnormal growths. The doctor can also see if your fallopian tubes are blocked.