Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anitha DesaiYour feedback matters!
Hi I am getting a muscular persistent twitch in my left upper arm, why is that? when I raise my arm the twitching stops, when I bring it down it often starts again.
I am 15 years old and whenever I start doing push up or any other body building exercise my hands starts paining for more than 3 days. Please help.
I am pankaj Kumar. I am 26 year old. I am facing back pain at both sides bottom. My height 5" 8 and weight 78. Pain continue all the day.
Hi, I am computer software professional and I sit on chair and work for long hours. I have developed a lower back pain and neck pain. I have this pain from last 3-4 years. Pain is not severe I used to apply some pain relief ointments and sometime I went fie yoga practice also. Now if I continuously sit for 2 hours then I get severe pain. Please let me know what should I do.
I have problem of joint ache since 2011 mainly at the morning times also I have seen many doctors. Previously Increased RA factor was diagnosed after that increased uric acid and lack of vitamin d.
I am a professor in the dept of soil and water engineering, to years back on 17 sept 2013 i suffered from a disc prolapse l5s1, i took 45 days of bed rest, some doctors advised to go for surgery, while others cautioned me to continue with changed life style, once in while i do take pain relievers, there is numbness in the left heel and outer shoe line and two of the toes, i used to go by bicycle all these years form 1987, now i am using auto-drive car, do suggest me any exercise/ methods so that i can gain strength of the back and do physical work.
I have lower back pain since a month, as soon as I get up from sleep, I feel more pain. What should I do to get rid of pain?
I am 20 years old male. I eat well. I take only healthy food. But when I go for running my legs start paining. Please guide.
As children we wait to grow up and have a strong body as endorsed by our favorite movie stars, athlete, close friends and family members. We all strongly believe that a good physique is a great ways to attract people. What we often fail to recognize is that reaping a healthy body and a good physique requires small daily inputs. There are small things which most of us can do to help our muscles remain young and strong. Read on to know more about some magical ways to look youthful.
- Lift those Weights: While most think of cardio workouts, not everybody turns to the weights (learn more to maintain the healthy weight). Weights are one of the best ways to maintain muscle mass. Include it as a part of your routine, do it often, and gradually increase the frequency and the weights to cover all body parts including arms, back, shoulders, chest and legs.
- Eat more protein: A protein-rich diet reduces the risk of muscle loss. While most people tend to just move to an all-protein diet, that is not the best way. For 1 kg of your weight, add 1.5 g of protein in your diet. For muscle building, you need about double what a normal person would need, which is about 0.8 g per kg. As a safe practice, check with your trainer and dietitian to arrive at a diet that would suit your requirements (Read more about Importance of Protein)
- Plan your meals: As your body needs all essential ingredients, plan your meal to ensure it covers all nutrients. From a muscle building point of view, ensure the required amount of protein is packed in all the 3 meals. It is good to spread out the protein intake through your meals rather than have one protein-loaded meal in a day.
- Pomegranates: These so called 'wonder fruits' contain a molecule which reduces the effects of ageing in the muscles. There are even pomegranate extracts which are believed to provide the same benefits, so the season is not a problem.
- Get some sun: While it is definitely not advisable to sun bath daily, getting a good amount of sun on a daily basis is very good for both the mind and the body. Sunlight, which is the main source of vitamin D, can reduce muscle weakness. It is also essential for calcium absorption, which is essential for muscle and bone health. Reduced amounts of vitamin D have been shown to lead to muscle wasting. A good idea is to walk or run out in the sun instead of in the gym. You get the benefits of both the sun and the workout, leaving you rejuvenated.
Try these simple tricks and see your muscle take time to lose their firmness and strength.