Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Speech Therapists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Anita SwansiYour feedback matters!
I drank harpic (bathroom cleaner) to common suicide a few months ago. But I was saved by my parents. Now my voice is not clear. Its very husky. What might be the reasons and suggest me medicine to bring back my voice.
I speak well without stammering at times when I am relaxed. But I stammer and cannot pronounce words when I speak with others, I avoid words and cannot construct sentences when I speak with unknown, I even cannot pronounce my name properly and I stammer badly. I cannot say certain words, I stammer in saying those words. If I think about saying something I cannot say that sentence properly and I stammer. I cannot communicate and make sentences. Thereby I stammer. Can pranayama cure stammering properly? Suggest me ways to remove and cure stammering completely?
I am suffering from a pain in my left hand when I try to rotate my hand. When I try to lift as well try to put hand back to its original position. It pains and also some crick type sounds do comes. Please help me whether it's frozen shoulder or something with the rotator cuff. I used to do workout with weights. But that has been a long time .
My nephew is 3 years old and she hardly weighs 5 kg. She early can speak few words. I did consult so many child specialist but outcome is not that much so which investigation should I do or what kind of specialist should I consult?
My voice is very bad , harsh and very low and my breathe power is very low please help me suggest me easy ways to overcome it fastly and I want that my voice becomes sweet and soft.
I am not able to pronounce certain words properly especially words that include d, t, z. My age is 22 what will be the solution of this. Thank you.
How should I behave with my life partner? We quarrel regularly for no reason. Whenever she raises her voice I decrease mine. But when I raise my voice she never decreases her voice and in turn barks at me like hell that world gonna end today and we are gng to leave each other. Is there any suggestion to this problem?
Hii. My son is seven years old. He doesn't speak fluently. He stammers a bit. Do I need to consult to a doctor for removing his stammering or should I wait for him growing up, so that his stammering goes away with his age? Please advise.
I am 25 years old. I am facing some problem. I am unable to concentrate. I stated stammering. I do not know I am feeling helpless. I am unable to look up. My eyes gets hurt when I see in up direction. My head is paining a lot.
I do not have a speech therapist in my locality. I stammer very badly, I cannot communicate normally with people. I even cannot say my name. Can anyone tell me home remedies to cure stammering?
I am a 24 year old male. I am having problems speaking properly mainly due to breathlessness. I also get sudden panic attacks when others call my name in meetings etc causing me to stutter in my speech. Sometimes I just cannot start with the word I want to start with, and I instead have to insert two words before starting the sentence, like "Um" "Basically" "So. Etc. I think I have some sort of anxiety disorder. Its gradually becoming worse, due to which I'm avoiding many things I normally enjoy like team outings, group events etc, simply because I can't talk properly. Is there any over the counter medication to relieve this anxiety/panic attack problem?
My voice is no longer clear. Once the operation has occurred in childhood my palate. That time was plastic surgery. Kyunki my palate was not only full shell. Who I am now 30 years old but still not speak clearly passed a measure that is still my voice is perfectly clear and can be cured?
Language disorder is commonly known as language impairment, it is a common childhood disorder, which makes it difficult for kids to understand what the people around them are saying to them and to face difficulty in following simple directions, it also includes difficulty in expressing the thoughts and feeling through speech.
Language disorder can be classified as:
- Receptive language disorder: This disorder makes it difficult to understand what the other person is saying to the one suffering from it.
- Expressive language disorder: Kids suffering from it are not able to express themselves and their thoughts.
- Mixed receptive expressive disorder: These kids have combined symptoms of receptive language disorder and expressive language disorder, making it difficult to understand and to make someone else understand.
Symptoms of language disorder:
- Difficulty in understanding: The ones suffering from language disorder, finds it difficult to understand what the people around them are saying.
- Limited vocabulary: It is one of the prominent symptoms, in which the vocabulary of the kids is very limited as compared to other kids of that age.
- Trouble learning new things: Learning new things is a difficult task for the kid suffering from language disorder
- Repeat usage of certain phrases: Kids tend to use the same phrase again and again, which is one of the basic symptoms.
- Frustration: As the kid is either not able to understand or to make other understand or both, kids with this disorder tend to remain more frustrated in comparison to other kids, as they are unable to do things.
- Sentences which do not make sense: Making incomplete or senseless sentences is a key indicator of language disorder.
What you should do?
- Speech therapist: The treatment may include speech therapy, in which the speech therapist will work towards building the vocabulary and improving the grammar of the kids suffering, making the kids more confident and feel good about themselves.
- Psychotherapy: If the kid is also suffering from emotional issues because of the language disorder, then one should also undergo Psychotherapy, as it not only improves the morale of the patient, but also provides the guidance on how to keep improving further from the language disorder.
- Positive Atmosphere: The kids suffering from such a disorder should be made comfortable enough to enjoy their being, giving plenty of time to your young ones is the best way to cure such disorder, so one should always communicate well with his kids and make them learn new things, sing to them, listen to various sounds, show different pictures, colours, shapes to make them learn.
- Parental Support: The parents should also understand the issue well, be patient, and should support the kid to work out on the disorder. Parents should also interact with other parents, who have been there, to learn more about the language disorders and how their kids overcome the disorder.
As language disorder is one of common issue in kids, this can be managed and cured well to improve after all the required knowledge and best practices to follow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.