Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anita Soni
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anita SoniYour feedback matters!
I am a married person and we are planning for a baby but every time when we do intercourse sperm js come out from vagina. I have tried each and every sex position bt no gain. please do me a favour.
I am 30 year old and have one baby girl 1.5 yrs old. From past 6 months m suffering from right shoulder pain. I have consulted my phycian but the pain remains the same. Even though I have taken pain killer it remains the same otherday. Also have used balms like idodex n moov, but that is just for temprory use. Please suggest me the needful. Thanks
- Missed Period or Late Period: The clearest indication of pregnancy is a missed period. However, a missed period doesn't always mean you are pregnant. If your period is late when your menstrual cycle is quite regular, it might be an indication of pregnancy.
- Swollen breasts: Soreness or shivering in your breasts is one of pregnancy's most basic symptoms. Right on time in pregnancy, the breasts will round out and change shape as they get ready to deliver milk.
- Nausea: Nausea is among one of the most well known symptoms of pregnancy. It's brought about by an increase in the hormone levels. Almost 80 percent of women experience "morning sickness" during the initial three months of pregnancy. For some, this sickness is not just confined to the mornings and may take place throughout the entire day.
- Spotting: After 5 to 10 days of conceiving, light spotting might be found when the embryo implants itself in t"he uterus.
- Enhanced Urine Frequency: If you're pregnant, your uterus puts pressure directly on the bladder prompting more urination. The additional weight and intestinal changes may bring about a blockage.
- Fatigue: Women feel exceptionally tired and drained during pregnancy. Fatigue is one of the primary indications of pregnancy.
- Mood Swings: Avid emotional mood swings occur in women during pregnancy. If your temper is always fluctuating or going up and down, it may be an indication that you might be pregnant.
- Enhanced Sensitivity to Smell: Women during pregnancy develop an enhanced smell sensitivity. Any common or normal smell may seem to be intense and long lasting. This is a genuine signal.
- Darkening of the areolas: Areolas are the circles around your nipples. During pregnancy, due to increased hormone secretion, the areolas become dark and wide. This is a common indication.
- Enhanced Craving For Food: Pregnancy increases the drive for food craving in women. Pregnant women find themselves consuming a huge amount of food, which is abnormal.
- Headache: Headaches due to migraine increase during pregnancy. This is more common during early pregnancy.
- Strange Metallic Taste In The Mouth: Some women may feel an odd metallic taste in their mouth, which may signify pregnancy.
- Constipation: Added pressure on the kidneys and bladder may lead to constipation in pregnant women. This is another indication.
These are some common signs, which may imply that you are pregnant, and should take a pregnancy test soon. For more information, visit your doctor.
“Cold and Flu” season is right around the corner, and it seems that everywhere you go you run into someone sneezing! How can you boost your immunity so you can stay healthy this Winter? Getting sick is not only uncomfortable, but it also impacts your productivities, your energy level and even your relationship (Have you ever got snappy because you have a sore throat or a headache?) Luckily, there are some easy ways to strengthen your immune system by adding some common yet nutritious foods to your diet. They have high immunity boosting nutrients (e.g. vitamins A, B, and C, zinc), anti-viral and/or antibacterial properties:
1.Yogurt (ideally plain yogurt as added sugar can suppress immunity) – probiotics help strengthen immune system.
2.Pumpkin seeds – high in zinc and omega-3, both essential for a healthy immune system.
3.Cold water fish – good source of protein and omega-3.
4.Fresh fruits and vegetables, especially carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, tomatoes – they are rich in beta-carotene, a precursor of vitamin A.
5.Ground seeds, lentils, beans and whole grains – good source of B vitamins and protein.
6.Ginger – has anti-viral properties.
7.Garlic – has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties.
8.Honey (raw) –has anti-viral properties.
9.Green tea –has anti-viral properties.
10.Mushrooms (maitake, reishi, shiitake) – elevate flu-fighting agents.
Bonus tips: avoid sugar and alcohol, both of which can weaken your immune system.
Hello doctor .I have pcos from 2 years. I have miscarriage on July 11. Till I didn't get periods. But now my urine test is positive. Without knowing I am I pregnant. I took primolut n tablets from 17 August to 20 August .I consult gynecologist. She has given naturogest 200 tablet and folic acid tablets. My problem and tension is I have taken primolut n tablets .now its positive. Last month itself I had miscarriage .Do primolut and harm baby ?Do naturogest 200 helps in preventing miscarriage. Trying for baby from a year. What care should I take to to don't harm baby. please explain me in detail. please tell precautions to care baby. please help me doctor. Explain me in detail. Do naturogest 200 helps in pregnancy. Do primolut n harm baby. please help me doctor.
I am 9 weeks pregnant 24 year old my hba1c is 5.6 am called diabetic or how to manage with medicine or diet what I have to do .I am worried fbs and pp bs are normal.
Hiee. M 26 years old. Pls give me some tips or guidelines for intercourse 2 get pregnant fast bcz m facing d prob 2 get conceived. Suggest sum guideline 2 follow.
According to contemporary medical studies, loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
There are multiple factors that contribute to this problem including psychiatric or physical disorders, relationship issues, hormonal disorders etc. Let us look at the causes of this disorder at length:
1. Medical Disorders:
a) There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
b) Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
2. Hormonal Disorders:
a) Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
b) After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
c) With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
3. Lifestyle Disorders:
a) In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
b) In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
c) Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
4. Psychological factors
a) Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
b) After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire.
The first and foremost step towards dealing with it is to make your partner understand your problem. Then, it is important to consult a doctor to find out the underlying cause, thereafter, treatment of the cause can normalize the condition. Since there are multiple causes of the problem, there are different ways by which the loss of libido can be easily managed and treated. Some of them are discussed below:
1. Treatment of Hormonal Disorders: The doctors will suitably treat problems like thyroids or recommend surgical treatment for fibroids to manage HSSD.
2. Change in Medications: Since some of the medications are responsible for the lack of libido, the doctors will replace the medications to reverse this lack.
3. Addressing the psychological factors: Your doctor will either arrange for suitable psychiatric sessions or ask your partner to coordinate mutually.
4. Sex Therapy/Relationship Counseling or Testosterone Therapy: While sex therapy or relationship counseling brings back the interest by effectively counseling the individual, Testosterone therapy involves off-label usage of testosterone hormone since it is not recommended by FDA.
Proper treatment and consulting a Sexologist can reverse this disorder efficiently. So, talk about the problem more openly to seek proper guidance and cure.