Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Crooked teeth pull down a child's morale in a big way. It not just impacts their chewing and looks, but also makes oral hygiene practices difficult for the child and the parent. Orthodontic treatment, which may involve removing a couple of teeth and realigning the other teeth is very popular to correctly align these teeth.
The entire process of this treatment starting from initial visits to diagnosis to completing treatment to follow-up is a prolonged one. While the time with the dentist is quite significant, the time for the child to adjust to the braces and come to terms with the new 'thing' in their mouth is also quite taxing.
This requirement of time followed by need of adjustment time makes summer the ideal time to get braces for the children. Read on to understand a little more on the same:
- Time/Scheduling: The summer holidays gives children enough time to make the numerous visits without having to affect their school routine. The child and the parent have to make numerous visits to the dentist, the initial oral examination, getting radiographs done, moulds done, removal of teeth if required, checking for their healing, getting the braces in place, and follow-up visits for adjustments. In addition, on the child's side, they need sufficient time to heal from the teeth removal, get used to the presence of the metallic braces (in most cases) in their mouth, and get used to the new oral care methods. Another thing to consider also is the proximity of the dental clinic and the availability of the orthodontist. Most clinics schedule the orthodontist visit on one day of the week to cover all cases. Also, most children are in their early or late teens when they go for braces and are therefore in important stages of their academics. Therefore, summer becomes the best time to go for braces without affecting the schedule.
- Oral Care: Having braces requires extra care from the child to learn oral hygiene measures. The braces make it easy for food particles to remain on the teeth, increasing chances of decay and gum disease. The child needs to make a conscious effort to keep this clean as developing decay during the treatment complicates the whole scene. Therefore, summer gives the ample time required to get used to the oral care routine.
- Safety: Children with braces who are into sports should start using mouth-guards to protect them from injury during contact sports. Again, summer is a time to indulge in sports, and this will give the child adequate time to adjust to the use of mouth-guards.
All these make summer the ideal time to go for orthodontic treatment.
Hi, I am 32 years old and getting married in 2 months what is the best precaution for family planing?
I have food aversion and leg cramping and vaginal infection. Started at 5 days ago is it pregnancy symptoms? Period on 24th.
I m a beta thalassemia person. And my body colour is getting yellowish day by day. Is there any natural way to overcome this? And also since few months my chest is paining.
My wife is 3 months pregnant now. She vomits several times every day and gets weak. Otherwise no other problem. How to stop vomiting or what kind of food or drink should she take. Please suggest.
How can we know who is the main carrier of syphilis is husband or wife if both infected. And how can we know the tenure of disease.
What is the reason of irregular period in women. Is it stop to become pregnant. What is a treatment for this.
I am 33 years old, I am 5th month pregnant my egg is delicate/soft as per doctor feedback, what is the precaution I need to go further till my delivery.
It's not that you feel the same responsiveness while having a sexual relationship with your partner like you used to have earlier; impotency in women can occur at any stage due to various reasons. Sometimes such problems may strain your relationship with your partner.
If you know what impotency in women is, it will be helpful for you to get it treated:
- Inhibited desire disorder: Most women who are impotent in sex have almost no desire to have sex. Different causes that lead to such a situation are illness, tiredness, depression, anxiety, stress, relationship disharmony, and drug or alcohol abuse. Apart from these reasons, there are certain days in the monthly cycle of women when they lose the sexual desire. Medication and child birth can also be another cause for this. It may not seem serious in the beginning but gradually with time, things will change and frustration and unhappiness creep in a lovely relationship.
- Pain during intercourse: Dyspareunia or pain during intercourse also sometimes leads to impotency among women. It can be a superficial or deep pain. The main cause of the pain is that the womb is not able to lift up, and the discomfort for this does not allow the walls of the vagina to swell and allow the penis to enter the vagina. Mainly lack of lubrication and endometriosis is an important cause for such a pain. You will have superficial pain when there are issues like genital herpes, muscle spasms and other such problems. With experience of such pain, many women fear the feelings of intercourse, and they start lacking the sexual desire in total.
- Lack of ability to reach orgasm: It is a common belief that women have an orgasm with the penile penetration. The truth is that it's not. Only 25% of women are found to get orgasm in this way and others need clitoral stimulation for having orgasm. Thus, most women while having sex do not reach the climax! Women who love their partner without getting orgasm during sexual intercourse may feel different. And gradually they lose their desire for having sexual relations. There are a few factors like poor blood flow to the vagina, hormone imbalance that create this problem.
If you are facing any of the above problems, you may be suffering from impotency. However, do not get threatened as you are not alone, and getting to your doctor will help you out of such problems.
Since many days before I was suffering from time to time intestinal infection I took many medicine lastly doctor suggest me to take DAROLAC Z sachets I tk it for 4 days at bed time with cup of water but please help me for how many days I hv to tk it more please because I forgot to tell d doctor abt how long shall. I take It.
Hi I am a 33 year old I am diagnosed with diabetes two years ago and since then I am facing a strange issue with my vagina. There is thick layer of something tht stays on my vagina and as n. When I clean it it starts to itch very bad n then leaves my vagina super dry. I dont why it is happening but it is extremly uncomfortable pls suggest.
My age is 24 I am in relationship frm last 5 years.in starting I used to get 5 days periods but from last 3 years im getting only 2 days cycle? Is it harmful for me or for my pregnancy in future. Is it effect of unwanted pregnancy pills I have in starting of my relationship .suggest.
I have infection in my private parts. I took medicine for this. My problems are not fully cured but its better than previous and my medication period is expired. Now I am having smell for that area. Can I use famine hygiene products such as wash plus? Or can you suggest me something please?
I have been diagnosed with Pcod. My current weight is 44 kgs. Believe this falls under normal. Please suggest whether to go for allopath or homeopathic treatment for this .
The trouble with recovering from most illnesses is that we begin to treat the illness too late. Although you cannot expect your body to announce the arrival of a virus, recognizing the signs of falling sick can help treat it earlier. For example, if you can't stop sneezing and can feel the onset of the flu, getting some extra sleep may make you feel better. Here are a few signs that can predict an illness
- Reduced appetite - A slight decrease in appetite during the summer is normal but if the sight of food makes you nauseous or you stop enjoying your food, it may be a sign of an oncoming illness. These illnesses could range from a simple cold to gastroenteritis or strep throat. A diminishing diet can be a result of the production of cytokines by the body as part of its inflammatory response to infections. Lesser food takes lesser time to digest thereby using lesser calories and diverting energy towards fighting the infection.
- Swollen neck glands - Feel your neck glands, just below the jawbone to check for infections. Swollen neck glands are the body's way of letting you know that you may be falling ill. These are usually a sign of ear infections, cold, dental problems or skin infections. Neck glands are storehouses for white blood cells. When these are activated into fighting infections, the collection of dead cells, bacteria etc result in swollen neck glands.
- Fatigue - There's a difference between being tired at the end of a long day and being exhausted throughout the day. The latter is a way your body is telling you to slow down and conserve energy to fight an oncoming illness.
- Muscle aches - Aching muscles can also be a sign of the oncoming flu. One of the main reasons for this is the body's production of antibodies that release histamines and cytokines in the bloodstream. When these travel to various muscles, they can trigger pain receptors leading to body aches.
- Low fever - The ideal body temperature is 98.7 degrees. If you have a higher temperature that persists for a few days, you may be coming down with an infection. Fever is your body's way of fighting infection by raising its internal temperature. A low fever is a sign of colds, allergies, and even stomach infections.
There is a fine line between being a hypochondriac and recognizing signs of falling sick. To differentiate between the two, pay attention to the type, duration, and intensity of symptoms. If you feel like you're on the verge of falling sick, rest your body and take some multivitamins. If you experience a sudden or severe change in symptoms, consult a doctor immediately.
Related Tip: 4 Ways to Never Fall Sick at Season Change
I just want to know in which time I can do sex without precautions with 0 pregnancy risk as my wifes period timing is every month 19th.
Slip disk is a condition of the spinal column which consists of a stack of vertebras from the cervical, thoracic and the lumbar spine.The bones of the spine are cushioned by disks that are present to absorb shocks. Trauma to the spine may cause the disk to bulge or be ruptured. This may lead to pain in the neck and the back.
Causes of slip disk
Slip disk is caused when the jelly like substance present in the disks bulges out. The damaged disk thus puts pressure on the adjacent nerve causing excruciating pain. The various causes of a slipped disk are:
1. Incorrect form during exercise: If you are into weight lifting, it is important that you use proper form during exercising. Moves like barbell squat and deadlifts can put pressure on the spine and lead to disk problems, if not done correctly. Make sure you work on your core strength and keep your lower back straight while exercising.
2. Smoking: Smoking causes the disks to lose their flexibility and thus, increases the risk of slipped disk.
3. Ageing: Ageing decreases the content of water in the spine, thus leading to inflexibility.
The symptoms of slip disk are:
1. Pain on one side of the body that tends to aggravate over time
2. Activities such as sitting and coughing may lead to pressure on the spine causing pain
3. Your range of motion on certain movements may be restricted
4. Pain in the neck while moving it
5. Numbness in the shoulder and the neck region
6. You may experience tingling sensations in the genitals, hips and the legs
7. You may have muscles spasms which lead to sudden contraction of the muscles
8. It may also lead to partial paralysis of the lower body
1. If you are overweight, try to reduce weight and then focus on maintaining healthy weight levels
2. Maintain proper posture while sitting or standing
3. Exercise on a regular basis to build strength and keep your joints healthy
4. Don't remain in seated position for an extended period of time. Take small breaks in between to stretch