Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anita Soni
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anita SoniYour feedback matters!
My wife is last month delivery on c-section operation please tell me after that when we can start sex?
I am a girl with 25 years old, my problem is I am having the white dicharge with thich white color but no pain, no itching, and no smell, so what is the treatetment I can used
Breast milk is the best for babies and the benefits of breastfeeding are one too many. Breast milk not only supplies your baby with its requirement of vitamins and nutrients, but also gets the substances which fight diseases, making your baby healthy and strong.
Benefits of breastfeeding are:
1. Protects Your Body - Breastfeeding induces some changes in your body which you might not be very delighted to accept, but are for the sake of your baby. Did you know, these very changes benefit you as well. Studies have proved that women who breastfeed are protected against breast and ovarian cancer. The longer you feed, the more protected you are.
2. Reduces Stress - Adding to the benefits of breastfeeding you can derive, is the fact that it helps you reduce stress. It also lessens your risk of postpartum depression. Breastfeeding has been found to be relaxing since it releases the hormone called oxytocin. This release also helps the uterus contract.
3. Averts Risk For Baby - A breastfed baby has lower risk of sudden infant death syndrome.
4. Reduces Obesity Risk In Baby - Breastfed babies have lower chances of obesity. They are good at judging when their tummies are full and therefore stop drinking on time. This leads to healthy growth pattern. Compared to babies who are fed on formula, breastfed babies gain weight at slower speed, hence reducing chances of obesity later in life.
5. Increases Cognitive Skills - Multiple researches have shown that there is a direct relationship between cognitive development and breastfeeding.
6. Enhances Baby’s Immunity - Breastfeed babies are also said to be better protected from developing allergies as immune factors like secretory igA is present only in breast milk. It creates a protective layer on the babys intestinal tract. Babies who aren't breastfeed are known to fall sick pretty frequently as formula diet doesn't build their immunity as mother's milk does.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
How safe is it to have artificial sweeteners during pregnancy?
Ingredients that you generally come across in candies, soft drinks, desserts and so on are known as artificial sweeteners. Many women during their pregnancy include these ingredients (in the form of foods and drinks that have been artificially sweetened) in their diet so as to cut down the amount of sugar in their diet.
But before you go about including them in your diet during pregnancy, there are certain things that you need to be aware of. Artificial sweeteners are generally of two types - nutritive sweeteners and nonnutritive sweeteners, the former contains calories while the latter doesn't.
Which sweeteners are safe to have?
Nutritive sweeteners, when consumed in moderation, can be looked upon as safe to have when you're pregnant, as long as they don't add to your body weight. But if you suffer from carbohydrate intolerance like diabetes, insulin resistance or even gestational diabetes, you need to limit the consumption of nutritive sweeteners. This type of sweeteners includes the different forms of sugar sucrose, honey, corn sugar, maltose, fructose and dextrose.
On the other hand, non-nutritive sweeteners are found in small quantities in foods since their role there is to only add a certain sweetening effect to the food product. Experts are still carrying out research on the effects of this type of sweeteners on pregnant women and their babies during pregnancy. The category includes options like sucralose, aspartame, rebaudioside a or stevia and acesulfame potassium.
Which sweeteners are not safe to have during pregnancy?
Apart from certain sweeteners that you can have during this period, there are some that are a total no-go - these are saccharin and cyclamate. While insufficient data is available for the effect of cyclamate on pregnant women, several studies conducted in the past show the adverse effect of saccharin. Certain studies have revealed its effect on the bladder (it can lead to bladder cancer) as well as on fetal tissue and placenta. Contact with this form of sweeteners can cause the unborn or infants to develop muscle dysfunction and irritability
Related Tip: 6 Pregnancy Complications You Need to Know About
I am facing periods problem. Each month 5-6 days its perponing. I m facing this problem from last 6 months. Kindly guide for solution.
To remain fit and free from diseases it is not just enough to make healthy lifestyle choices, one should make a conscious effort to convert these choices into regular habits. Healthy habits make our lives happier, reduce stress and help in maintaining a healthy body and mind.
You can enrich your life by adding these habits to your life -
1. Exercise regularly - Starting a regular exercise regimen can help you in getting fit. Apart from the physical benefits, exercise help release endorphins in the body which are also known as the feel-good hormone as they make you happier.
2. Eat a healthy breakfast - The breakfast is the first meal of the day, so eating a nutritious breakfast that contains a healthy balance of carbohydrates, protein and fiber will keep you satiated and provide energy. Eating breakfast also helps to curb binge eating which may promote weight gain.
3. Stop smoking - Smoking can cause damage to the cardiovascular system in the body which can lead to increased chances of blood pressure problems.
4. Take the stairs - Using the stairs instead of the elevator burns more calories and also increases your aerobic fitness.
5. Avoid the phone before bedtime - If you use your phone before you go to sleep, then it can harm your quality of sleep. The light of the phone screen contains certain wavelengths which disrupt the hormone melatonin that is responsible for regulating sleep.
6. Meditate regularly - Meditating on a regular basis reduces stress, enhances your concentration and promotes overall wellbeing.
7. Avoid processed foods - Eating natural foods such as fruits and vegetables reduces chances of gaining weight and getting affected by disorders of the digestive system. It also helps in improving the health of your skin.
8. Drink green tea - Green tea is packed with antioxidants and nutrients which restrict the formation of free radicals. It also increases the metabolic rate of the body which can cause fat loss.
9. Do balancing exercises - Simply standing on one leg for 10 seconds can enhance your mobility and balance which will be beneficial for you in carrying out your everyday movements. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!