Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anita Patil
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Anita PatilYour feedback matters!
Sir. Viral conjunctivitis ke Karan mujhe dhundhla dikhai padta hai. Mai tear drop ka use kr rha huuuu. Kya ye completly thik ho skta hai. Plzzz help with us.
Sir, In 1 yr. (2 times) I have feel white spot in vision by my eyes. When I read about this on internet I found that it is a disease called eye floater and flashes. Could you tell me How can I cure this at home before it go long. And please Tell me is it Normal or not. And If not Than how can I cure it at home only. I am really afraid.
I am 19 year old. My eyes are weak from small age only. I am wearing specs from last 2 years. Please tell me about any medicine, by which my eye sight becomes again normal.
Your eyes are one of the most significant of all the sense organs since it allows you to see things around you. It is essential to take good care of your eyes. But, many lack an awareness on ocular care. Read on to know a few lifestyle habits that will help in maintaining a good ocular hygiene thus ensuring normal vision.
Ensure your ocular hygiene with these healthy lifestyle habits
- Balanced diet: Eating right and maintaining a healthy diet does not just go for your overall health but your eye health as well. While carrots are good for your health, eating fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables offer the minerals and nutrients necessary for maintaining healthy eyesight. Dark leafy vegetables such as spinach or kale are especially good for eye health. Moreover, eating fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as tuna or salmon is very beneficial for maintaining proper eyesight.
- Right body weight: Body weight is indirectly related to eye health. An individual must maintain proper body weight since being overweight leads to health problems like diabetes and blood pressure. A person with diabetes is at risk of deteriorating eye sight caused by diabetic eye disease or glaucoma. If you have problems with weight maintenance, consult a health expert and seek professional guidance.
- Ocular hygiene: Maintaining ocular hygiene has become very important these days. Due to the level of pollution and germs around us, certain preventive measures need to be taken to prevent eye infections. People who play sports or perform other physical activities should wear protective eyewear. Wear safety goggles while swimming and make sure you wear polycarbonate eye gear if you play sports such as squash. These lenses are 10 times stronger than usual plastic and are available in protective eyewear stores as well as sporting goods stores.
- Quit smoking: Never take up smoking and if you already have then you better quit it as soon as possible. Just like for the rest of your body, smoking is very harmful to your eyesight as well. Research has proven that smoking causes severe macular degeneration, cataract and optic nerve damage in aging people. Over time, this can lead to permanent blindness.
- Protect your eyes: Sunglasses are not just meant for style, they also protect your eyes from harmful UV rays. While purchasing sunglasses, make sure the ones you purchase block out 99-100% UV-A and UV-B rays. Moreover, it is vital to give your eyes rest. If you work on the computer or watch TV, it is advised to look away from the screen for around 20 seconds in every 20 minute time interval. It is vital to get sufficient sleep as well.
Most of these tips may sound simple, but they are highly effective and can help avoid eye problems completely. And don’t forget to get your routine eye check-up done as well. All that is required is to incorporate these basic lifestyle changes to protect the amazing part of your body, your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
Dear sir ; my right eye retinal is totally detached and many of the hospital I have gone but doctor are not saying anything about my eye. Is this not any chances please I am totally afraid about not seeing with my eye and that eye means (bhengi)
I am facing high blood pressure problem since last seven year using medicine to survive it is little costly . Due to this problem one of my eye is also effected with black glukomahow can you help me.
I am having pain in my eyes since two weeks. My eyesight is perfect, please tell me if any problem is there?
Ebooks maybe are a lot easier to carry, and with the emerging trend of Kindles, it may appear to be more convenient than paperbacks, but the smell of new books, the texture of its pristine pages, is unparalleled to the inanimateness of ebooks. But that is not just why you must choose paperbacks over ebooks.
Read on to find out why paperbacks work well over ebooks for better eye health:
- Does not involve light-emission: The backlit electronic devices, strain your eyes, causing redness, irritation and watering. Most doctors advise that exposure to light during the evening, especially from artificial sources should be minimal. On the other hand, books do not emit any harmful rays, making it the obvious choice if you want to take good care of your eyes.
- Do not hamper body clock: Our system has a tendency to adapt itself to the rhythm of life by responding to the surrounding light. However, the blue light in reading devices disrupt the release of melatonin or the sleep hormone, causing inadequate, less deep sleep, and fatigue and irritation the following morning. Thus, not giving enough time to your eyes and body for revitalizing. On the other hand, studies have shown that people reading books sleep better and timelier than those reading on devices.
- Proximity to device not required: The admonition of not sitting too close to the television's screen glare is nullified by reading devices where a certain level of proximity is required for comfortable reading, which harms our eyes. But paperbacks do not have any such risk involved as there is no glare that would affect our eyes.
- Does not induce disrupted winking: Electronic devices often trigger a tendency to not blink and stare at the screen constantly for longer than advisable. That does not give the lenses in your eyes the momentary rest that the eyes require in order to replenish themselves.
Exercises to improve eye health:
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or improve their vision. These include wearing glasses, lenses, sunglasses and many such measures. Here are some effective exercises which prove to be highly beneficial in increasing your eye health:
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds, then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Focus switching: This particular eye exercise is used for accommodation and is probably the most useful one. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes which are twenty feet away and this may improve your eyesight.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to destress the eyes.
- Deep blinking: This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. All you have to do is to place some large letters at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After the gap of 5 seconds, open your eyes and see the letters for a second or two. The more time you do this the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
Finally, a warning has to be given that these eye treatments are not universally accepted by all doctors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.