Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anita Kharag
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anita KharagYour feedback matters!
Hi, Last period was on 9th February. No sexual relationship. But this month period has been stopped. What is the reason behind it. Discharged some White jelly like last 3 days.
I am 18 years and I had my periods on may 3rd to may 7th, my husband rubbed his penis and semen contact occurred and light penetration happened on may 10 th, now I got my periods on June 2ndbut it was only for two days blood with clots came but it suddenly stopped in the evening on 3rd day there was little bleeding and on fourth day blood came but without clots and this was not similar as my regular periods am I pregnant? Is it implantation bleeding? Is it spotting? Is it miscarriage.
i have undergone the uterus removal surgery in the year 2012. now i am suffering from vaginal dryness and sweating in the whole body. what can i do for this problem
Which precaution she should follow, she is 37 week pregnant, which type of food to take and can she do work some. She has no problem, when time can we expect to delivery, lmd is 19/09/2015.
I am 4 months and 20 days pregnant and this time my doctor has given me progesterone tablets. Could you please explain me why are they required? Is there any problem?
I have given unwanted 72 to my gf after my protection ruptures. But now she is due on her period by 3 days and after eating papaya she gets vomiting too. Is that any chances of pregnancy. Or pills hve effect on maturation cycle.
Cervical cancer refers to the type of cancer that spreads through abnormal cells, which may be found in the lining of the cervix. This affects the lower part or the womb of the body. This may also be medically known as the uterine cervix. This kind of cancer is considered one of the most preventable ones. There are various kinds of screening tests that can help in early detection so that the symptoms become clear and the problem can be treated before the cancer spreads or malignancy sets in.
Read on to know more about the various screening measures that can help in treating and preventing the same.
- Pap smear test: This is one of the most recommended and easiest tests conducted for cervical cancer screening. The pap smear test is recommended for all women who have been through child birth. In this form of screening, the doctor usually takes a sample from the cervix of the patient. This will be then be put through a lab test to find any kind of anomalies in the cells of the cervix. This test is also strongly recommended on an annual basis for women who are going through menopause, as this is the time when the cells undergo maximum changes.
- HPV test: The HPV test can be conducted along with the pap smear test so as to find out if the HIV virus is active as well.
- Pelvic exam: In order to conduct screening for cervical cancer, the doctor may also ask the patient for a pelvic exam. In this test, the doctor checks the various areas like the uterus, the cervix and ovaries so as to ensure that there are no anomalies and irregular changes in these areas or organs of the body. This exam can help the doctor in finding any changes that may point at the risk of developing cervical cancer.
- Reading the test results: The doctor will usually take a look at the test results before making a clear diagnosis and recommending a course of medication or other kinds of treatment so as to prevent the spread or onset of cancer. For cases where this type of cancer has already progressed to a great degree, the doctor will usually recommend chemotherapy as well as radiation and sometimes, even surgery.
When should you get a screening test done?
Once you are above 21 years of age or have had a baby, it is imperative to get a screening test done at least annually. It is also important to get this done once a year if you are going through menopause. The doctors may ask you not to go through a test, if your previous three tests have been clear.
Every marriage requires effort from both the individuals involved, to make it last. Many times, marriages end because the partners start to believe that the spark is no longer there. There are, however, many ways to add the spark, lust and excitement back into your marriage.
- Add a component of surprise - Mystery and surprise imitate the emotional condition of a new romance. But that doesn’t mean surprising your partner with expensive dinners or taking him/her away to the Mediterranean. A small affectionate gesture also goes a long way. For example, you can surprise your partner at work and take her/him away for a lunch or send him/her a love note or a greeting card through e-mail.
- Join in new activities with your partner - Experiment with dissimilar activities that you have never done before. This will help you bring back the excitement in your relationship. For example, you can plan a slow dance with your partner, or hike a mountain, or go deep-sea fishing.
- Do something to kick up your arousal - Do activities that boost your adrenaline. For example, you can include exercises such as hiking on a mountain, a roller coaster ride, watching a horror movie, or even simply a treadmill exercise.
- Listen to your partner - Often couples talk, but not listen. An exchange of attention brings closeness. Ask your partner about their whereabouts or what they have been doing all day long, and do listen and give feedback to their answers. Encourage your partner to talk about his/her hidden feelings and fears. Praise and appreciate the small things your mate does every day, as he/she deserves appreciation.
- Travel and create an adventure in your marriage - Take a small vacation alone with your partner. Get out of the house for a day or two and choose a place that interests the both of you. You don’t have to go far away from your home and invest a lot of money. Just travel to a place where you two can spend quality time together.
- Touch your partner more often - Touch generates arousal and a sense of support and comfort, both psychologically and physiologically. Hold your partner's hand during a walk and make sure that you kiss, hug or embrace every single day. This will remind you that you both are bonded together physiologically.
- Play - In the nub of a busy life, couples forget to have fun and enjoy their married life. Every relationship should be about fun. This not only makes you enjoy each other's company, laugh and add fun to your relationship, but also leads you both to sexual arousal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
One of the most revered modes of healing, Ayurveda is entrusted with various beneficial properties that cures a wide range of ailments. Quintessential and indigenous methods of probing into the medicinal virtues of various herbs and other natural condiments, Ayurveda is attributed with remedial qualities for a number of ailments and all this without ushering any side effect whatsoever.
One of the most frequent use of Ayurveda is found in healing allergies. Ayurveda over the centuries has emerged as a trusted recourse to take while combating an allergy. One needs to dig out the best therapies that Ayurveda has to offer in order to get rid of the stubborn annoyances that most allergies posit.
Certain people are born with lesser or nil tolerance towards certain specific particles in their immediate surroundings. On account of certain genetic predisposition, some are prone to react adversely to a few allergens. In the Ayurveda vocabulary, such a condition is designed to be caused by unstable influences. These influences may be in the form of environmental elements like dust and pollens or certain specific kinds of food items.
While the most obvious solution might be to avoid the source of such allergies, in case where the interaction with the given set of allergens is unavoidable, Ayurveda offers viable solutions. Depending on whether the reaction is mild or chronic, Ayurveda prescribes specific cure Some of the mild symptoms in these cases are sneezing, coughing, conspicuous marks, rashes, watering of nose and eyes among others. For such allergies, one of the most effective Ayurvedic remedies would be a mixture of beetroot, carrot and cucumber juice. Regular intake builds immunity and resistance power and thus, reduces the effect of such allergic reactions.
Unlike the natural allergies, certain allergies develop as the individual ages. These may be seasonal or procured sensitivities and these usually manifest certain stronger reactions. Most of the time, such allergies, known as amanita in Ayurveda terms, are associated with indigestion and imbalance in the digestive juices or dysfunction of the digestive organs. To deal with such anomalies, detoxing the body is essential. The first step to cure would be to detox the body of the allergy causing toxins.
An easy and natural remedy would blending honey and lemon in lukewarm water and drinking it regularly for a prolonged period of time. This also has additional advantages for the skin and the overall organ system. Alma based drinks or tablets could also prove beneficial to abate such acquired allergies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.