Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Hi, I am in dating with my girl friend. We both decided to participate in sex without condom, but we do't need pregnancy. Which kind of tips we need to follow?
Sometimes I feel like itching near vaginal area and that is vigorous. So need to know the reasons or the precaution I can take and even I got scratches due to that itching strokes I get. Need help.
I am 31 years old and I am 4th month pregnant. I am suffering from Bronchial Asthma. Please let me know the food to be taken and as well as precautions to be taken.
Pet therapy for mental health problems:
Recent research suggests that pets should be considered as the main source of support in the management of mental health problems. In the study through the course of people who felt that their pet played a range of positive roles including helping them manage stigma associated with their mental health by providing acceptance without judgement. Thus pets provides a unique form of validation through unconditional support which they were not receiving from other social relationships.
Hi, This is my first pregnancy. I am 23 years old. My lmp is 26/3/2016. My hcg level is getting down. Strtd at 127 n reached 651 n then it reduced to 637.5 n finally now 570.5. I have pcod. Am taking tablet also. I went to scan. Dey said there was a sac. And ask me to wait to take another hcg blood test. I don't think so it will raise. Becoz study only I taken hcg. It's still reduced. and also they are not saying very positively. Just there is a sac. Tats it. But am confused now. Is there any possibility that I will have healthy pregnancy. Whether I need to wait tomorrow for another hcg. Please suggest something. I don't have any spotting and all.
Breathe Well Sleep Well
Total wellness is not possible without good sleep. Sleep is a de-learning process. It relaxes and rejuvenates the body and makes our body ready for a
new day. We spend one third of our life in sleep and this one third decides the two third of our life. For every two hours of alertness we need one of sleep. Ever since society has become 24x7, our sleep quality has become poor. A healthy body needs a regular refreshing seven to eight hours of sleep.
Sleep debt creates a mortgaged mind. If we are sleeping one hour less per day then we have to pay back in the day. Sleeplessness is equivalent to drunken driving. Anger, agitation, personality disorders, road rage, substance abuse are indirectly related to poor sleep. Sleep disorders are rising in society and more over sedentary behaviour, obesity is responsible for the rising number of sleep apnoea and related sleep disorders.
There are two types of sleep disorders one primarily because of defects in sleep regulatory mechanisms and others are secondary due to lifestyle causing insomnia and sleep disordered breathing like sleep apnoea. A tired and spent person gets relief and is able to retrieve his liveliness and energy only after taking sound sleep. Sleep is a law of nature which is applicable not only to human beings but also to the botanical world.
A good night sleep is a good regular sleep practice. Always be happy while sleeping. Concentrate on your breathing and feel you are totally relaxed. Keep in mind that the pranayama practice is very important. Pranayama and yoga are the key to good activation of our biological clock.
Our hypothalamic area in the brain is our internal clock. If we do not nurture our biological clock we will face sleep delay and fragmented sleep.
A good sleep involves right pre-sleep practices. It’s like a right alap before a classical music performance. Yoga and Pranayama are an important measure to improve sleep and reduce work place negativity, tension, anxiety and so many other problems. Following yoga and pranayama – Bhastrika pranayam, Kapalbhati pranayam and Anulom Vilom pranayam – have been found to be beneficial.
Besides this, Shavasan and Yognidra are very much useful for sound sleep. Listening to light music like mantras before sleep is beneficial. Yoga increases blood circulation and stimulates the nervous system. Following few practices improves oxygenation to the brain and improves sleep quality and cures insomnia. Halasana and Sarvangasana are the asana to cure insomnia naturally by yoga.
Good pre-sleep habits are called sleep hygiene. A good sleep hygiene improves sleep quality by reducing the onset of sleep and maintenance of rhythm of sleep. We all enter sleep through NREM sleep it’s like slow uncoiling of a curtain wire. We enter sleep with high alfa waves and slowly go to delta or slow wave sleep.
Initial sleep is all NREM sleep and subsequently we enter REM sleep or rapid eye movement sleep. REM sleep constitutes one third of total sleep and in this time of sleep muscles reach to zero tone and it's a dream sleep.
This is about a 50-year-old man, a heavy smoker with sedentary corporate life with disturbed sleep, snoring, day time sluggishness, irritability and poor corporate performance.
He was subjected to a quit tobacco programme, weight loss and good nutrition and lifestyle modification programme with following sleep rules.
He improved on all fronts and started enjoying wellness in his life.
Stick to your sleep time and get up exactly 7 to 8 hours after sleep. You will feel oven fresh.
Follow this sleep rules one hour before going to your sleep clock.
1. A relaxing warm shower an hour before sleep.
2. Anulom vilom for five minutes
3. Kapalbhati for five minutes, avoid doing if you had dinner an hour before.
4. Bhastrika for five minutes.
5. Eye exercises for five minutes in all quadrants
6. Cervical flexion, extension and rotation exercises for two minutes.
7. Sharvanasana or corpse pose for 5 minutes and focus on your breath.
8. Now listen to some slow music. Music induces Alfa activity and helps in sleep initiation for 10 minutes.
9. Do visual imagery. Make memorable twenty images on your iPad or phone or album and slowly brush though.
This helps in release of endorphins and gives feel good feeling for 5 minutes.
10. Take a hot cup of milk. Milk has serotonin and serotonin induces sleep. These steps will de-stress you and help you to get a sound sleep.
Avoid thinking too much while sleeping. Just relax while sleeping.
Always be happy while sleeping. Concentrate on your breathing and feel totally relaxed.
Keep in mind pranayama practice is very important, as important as pre-sleep habit.
Keywords: sleeplessness, pranayama, sleep habits, wellness
Doctor, How many days after D&C do period come again? I was one and half month pregnant & had my miscarriage on 19 June and D & C has done on 21 June. One months has completed but still my period hasn't come yet. How much time will it take to come again. What should I do to make my period normal again.
Hi, I am married female my periods were irregular after marriage, but my last periods were on September 25th till today I didn't get periods and doctor advised me to take pregnancy test but it showed negative. I don't why I am not getting periods. My rubella antibody was only 0.8. Is there any chance for not getting periods because of rubella antibody?
I am 31, was doing inter course 3-4 times a day and now no interest like before. Hardness goes down inside the vagina before discharging. Help me to make it hard like anything throughout.
SIR mera frnd ne apni gf ke saath last month sex kiya tha period ke time chal raha tha. Uski gf ka aur without protection. Aur is month uski gf ka period ka time 7, 8, 9 ho sakta hai abhi tak nhi huwa hai Sawal ye hai ki kahi wo pregnent to nhi ho gayi hai ya hone wali ho. Is halat me kya kiya jaye sir, solution bataye please.
Honeys that are darker in color are considered to have more antioxidants.
Honey is quite different from white sugar, it contains about 30% glucose and 40% fructose – two monosaccharide or simple sugars – with 20% other complex sugars. Honey also includes dextrin, a starchy fiber. This combination helps the body regulate blood sugar levels.
However, unlike white sugar where fructose and glucose are combined as sucrose and require an additional step in the digestive process, in honey, these two sugars are separate. Thus, the glucose acts as an instant energy source.
It contains many vitamins and minerals in small amounts. A list of these include: niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium and zinc.
Honey helps reduce constipation, bloating and gas.
The antioxidants in honey are a cholesterol fighter and have the potential to protect against heart disease.
WITH THE BEST OF HEALTH
Punamkumar B. Dave
(Food & Nutritionist)
I am 24 year girl. I have a problem of pcos since 5 years. My period s are irregular. I take consult with gynecologist take contraception pills regularly for 2 years, it was my worst experience when I take this medicine my body became unshaped, and have many side effects. I didn't get relief. After that l can't take medicine I control my weight and my period s come but when I put up weight it again stopped. Still I gave no periods for last 2 months. Please suggest some natural therapy so that my periods are regular.
The Benefits of Papaya
1. Digestion - the enzyme papain present in papaya is known to aid digestion by breaking down proteins. Therefore, a glass of papaya juice is often recommended as a home remedy for digestion-related problems or constipation.
2. Anti-inflammatory - apart from papain, papaya also contains other effective enzymes that help against inflammation and promote healing of burns.
3. Heart disease and cancer - papaya is rich in anti-oxidants and phytonutrients that work against free radicals and therefore is said to protect the body from possible heart diseases and cancer.
4. Diabetes - many researchers have found that the consumption of raw papaya could help maintain blood sugar level and cholesterol because of the high fiber content, thereby keeping a check on diabetes. According to a study done by the centre of excellence for biomedical and biomaterials research at the mauritius university, green tea and fermented papaya work together as preventive means for diabetes. In some parts of india, especially the north east, papaya flowers are locally used as a preventive measure against diabetes. The bitter flowers are lightly sautéed in a little oil and consumed as a side to rice on a regular basis.
5. Immunity - papaya is a great source of vitamin a, b, c, and k and is known as an excellent immunity booster. It is great for the growth of body tissues, including hair and skin. It helps in maintaining collagen, the structural protein of connective tissues. It is said that a medium-sized papaya could provide you double your daily requirement of vitamins.
6. Cleansing - beauty experts too, often suggest using slices of papaya as a natural skin cleanser as the active enzymes work wonders to remove impurities.
7. Arthritis - it is also rich in minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium and copper. Regular consumption helps in building up the calcium bank in the body and in the long run could help keep a check on arthritis.
8. Dengue - papaya leaves are commonly used in the treatment of dengue to help boost up the count of platelets. Dr. Anju sood, a bangaluru-based nutritionist says, “dengue is an infection which affects the blood platelets massively. A simple remedy to get back the platelets count is to give the patient a glass of papaya leaf juice. It is prepared by grinding the leaves with a small amount of water to extract the juice.” however, dengue can prove to be fatal once it develops into dengue hemorrhagic fever which shuts down the circulatory system.
9. Weight loss - papaya is low in calories and therefore proves to be the perfect option for breakfast. A serving of 140 grams of the fruit contains only 60 calories, with total fat 0.4 gram, no cholesterol, 15.7 gram carbohydrates and 2.5 gram dietary fiber.
My query is related to periods.My periods are getting late.My last date was 17 march.In this month periods has not come.I am sexually active .My age is 21 years. I have taken home pregnancy test as well as blood test but both show negative. In blood test hcg are blow 1.3 .Please suggest me what I have to do now. Is this a normal condition or something went wrong. Reply soon as soon as possible.
Perimenopause is the transition period in a women?s life when her ovaries stop producing eggs .Her body produces less estrogen and progesterone and menstruation becomes less frequent. A woman generally experience Perimenopause around the age of 40 years. Symptoms can begin as early as her mid 30s.
Menstrual inequalities ? Change in the menstrual cycle is the important sign of Perimenopause. Periods may be shorter, may be longer .Women can experience either scanty menses or profuse bleeding.
Hot flushes ? Hot flushes and night sweats are the most common signs of Perimenopause.
Weight gain ? Less estrogen can cause high cholesterol and weight gain.
Hypertension ? High level of cholesterol can ultimately lead to high blood pressure.
Mental symptoms -Like depression, anxiety, irritability can experience by Perimenopausal women.
Loss of Libido ? it can experience by many women in the period of Perimenopause.
Dryness of vagina ? It occurs due to decreased production of estrogen.
Painful sex ? It mainly caused due to dryness of vagina.
Other cause include
Frequent urinary tract infections
Rapid heart beat
Involuntary urinary leakage
Some important remedies are given below to treat Perimenopause symptoms:
Sulphur, Pulsatilla, Lachesis, Actea Racemosa, camphor, Platina, Sabina, Calcaria carb, Nux Vomica, Sanguinaria and many other medicines.
Allopathic treatment ? Mainly include hormonal replacement therapy, antihypertensive drugs, antidepressants etc.
Please consult your physician or homeopath in person before starting or discontinuing any form of medical treatment.