Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Anil VarsshneyYour feedback matters!
As you all know that most of the dental problems are due to sugary food or food lodgement in inter space of two adjacent teeth.
Reason is that our toothbrush bristles are unable to reach between interspaces of two tooth.
Now a days we dentists recommend dental floss to clean the interspaces of teeth and helps in maintaining tooth intergrity and the chances of tooth decay get reduced to much extend
Sometimes there may be sensitivity in teeth it's just because of worn or grinding of enamel of tooth whose treatment depends on severity of worn off of that layer. It may require cap or may require root canal then cap.
So to take care of your teeth for long period always visit to your dentist in every 6 months and ask for the better care of your smile on your face.
There is hollow in my teeth due to that what ever I am eating its particle remain inside so how to fill it Wat will be better treatment for me. Please guide.
Mere beta 5 saal ka hai uski upar wali daad halki si kaali ho gai hai aab hum kya kare? Wo to doctor ko filling bhi nahi karnedega is condition me kya karna chahiye.
I am a moderate smoker and lasted atleast 7 to 8 teach (both upper and lower). My age is 58. Suggest corrective action. Unable to eat and chew properly. Facing other digestion related problems. I am located hyderabad.
I am 25 years old age I have teeth problem when hot items are taking my teeths are so paining please tell me wt I do can I remove my teeth or can I wear teeth cap to my front teeth.
My daughter is 7 yrs old. Her upper milk teeth had fall down on 14th may15 and permanent teeth has not come up tilldate. Is it normal or I have to take her to dentist.
I am a medical student. I am having mouth sores or ulcer. Somepeople says its because of tension. But I do not have any tension. Every two weeks I am getting mouth ulcer. Why is it coming? Is it because of vitamin problem.
Hey, I have a problem like my teeth are yellow and very small. I brush twice in a day. But, there is no improvements in it. Please suggest me something.
Hello doctor for my mouth ulcers , I am waiting to get an response from you, please suggest me a gel which I can use, I am using dologel and dentogel but it only makes num for some time and again pain starts , give me a gel name which is really very effective and very good.
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.