Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Anil V DaxiniYour feedback matters!
I am a 69 year old male. High Bp is my problem. I take a lot of medicines to controlit Starpess Xl 100-2, Amlong 5 -2, Angizar 50 -3 andPrassopress 5 -1. I do regular walking my Kidny function seems normal. I eat only moderately and dont smoke or drink. Can you tell me how to reduce the medicines?
Kal mujhe pehli baar chakkar aaya me bahut zor se niche gir gya. Check krane par Dr. ne kaha ki blood pressure low hogya isliye. Kya aap bata sakte ho ki mujhe kya hua hai. aaj mera bklood pressure 110 tha and mei 20 years ka hu and 57 kg weight.hai
He is 70 years old already taking Rozustat 20 medicine for cholesterol as per last report ldl cholesterol count-65. But I just checked through Lybrate. It is showing hdl cholesterol-19 Ldl cholesterol-75 & ratio is 8 & 4 respectively. .pl. Suggest he will continue same medicine or any changes. Pl. Confirm.
I am 27 years old with pregnant of 28th weeks, my bp level is currently up and down between 100/60 to 138/94 and weigth 50 kgs. What can I do to controling the bp level?
She is 38year old and she is suffering from B. P. Low with thyroid so she has been taking tablets since 3year but she doen't get well properly. Why?
My age is 39 and last week my BP shoot to 150/110 and now on medication as per doctors advice. test 40 mg daily morning. Did kidney and lipid profile. Kidney is normal and cholesterol was more than 300 in high risk zone. My doubt is whether can I have sex now as I used to have twice or thrice in a week. Now is it fine to have sex as after a week on medication now my BP is 150/80. Please advise.
Hello sie or mam. I'm Rakesh and I'm 21 year old guy. I have marked somethings that is when I exited and afraid a little then my heartbeat is become so faster. And in that time I feel my heartbeat. And also I did face breathing problem before 1 yera. So I want to know that now what happening with me and is it serious? If yes then please suggest me what I will do for that.
My fathers is 79 years old and suffering from hypertension from last 23 years but now managed well with medication. Recently in last 15 days his blood sugar level is increased. There is only elevation in fasting blood sugar level (around 124mg) checked thrice and no elevation in postprandial blood sugar level (around 145 mg) also checked thrice. Then we done Hb1 Ac test and the result of same is well under control diabetes. He is not having any medication for the diabetes uptill now. So what can I do? Shall I go to Ayurvedic doctor or allopathic doctor? Also suggest any other possible way to overcome this.
I'm 25 year old male I have cholesterol. How long can I take medicine? What are the side effects? Is long term harmful? Please doctor help me I need help.
In Ayurveda, the heart or Hridaya is most vital since it is the organ that is responsible for enabling proper circulation of blood all over the body while governing your emotions so as to keep you fit and energetic. When it comes to the development of heart ailments, a highly stressful lifestyle, and poor eating habits are considered to be the main culprits of heart diseases or Hrudroga. As a consequence, these causes bring about the hardening of the arteries, leading to problems like angina (ruja) and angio-obstruction (vata dosa). Factors like high blood pressure, heredity, diabetes, smoking and high cholesterol make you predispose to developing problems of the heart.
How does Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda offers safe and innovative preparations for the handling of heart diseases. Plants like garlic, Arjuna, cinnamon and their preparations are used for treating heart ailments. Depending on individual cases, certain very effective natural preparations are recommended by a practitioner of Ayurveda along with lifestyle changes like:
1. Getting rid of stress - When it comes to the heart, Ayurveda propounds a holistic approach in the treatment of this organ, which encompasses both physical and emotional considerations. Herbal formulations that contain ingredient like Ashwagandha are known to reduce tension in the mind as well as the body while strengthening the heart muscle.
2. Eating right - Developing the habit of correct eating is vital for improving heart health. According to Ayurveda, the ideal food portion should be one that fits into the cups of your palms. Having meals three times a day at fixed timings can help in training your digestive system to not only anticipate but also digest the food consumed. For stimulating a slow digestion salt, ginger and lime can be consumed.
3. Removing Ama (arterial plaque) from your body - For enabling a proper functioning of the heart regular cleaning of the internals is recommended as per Ayurvedic teaching so as to flush out the arterial plaque that gets accumulated in your blood vessel. From eating a high fiber diet and drinking lukewarm water to going to sleep by 10pm, Ayurvedic treatment of the heart consists of these recommendations.
4. Exercising regularly - The key to a good heart health is exercising regularly but in moderation. In this context, Ayurveda believes in the concept of Balaardh, which is exercising to about 50% of your capacity. This reduces instances of strains and injuries received due to exercising. Walking for about half an hour every day is considered to be a great metabolism booster as well and it brings about an improvement of the heart.
Hi doc I feel like there is something wrong with my heart in the beat. I feel like its beating more. When I do a brisk walk in treadmill it's going around 125-127. When I do trivial physical task it's going upto 100. How can I assess my heart health. No bad habits I have.
I am 39 years married male and having diabetes and high BP from last 4 years from last 7 months I am having problem in erection and early discharge. Please suggest some medicine I have started taking tentex royal of himalaya co. And started massage of himoxil cream of himalaya is it useful or not.
I am 65 years old I am suffering from varicose veins in left foot also neuropathy for that I taken pregab75 one daily night, still i am suffering burning sensation in both feet i am not diabetic only having bp for that I am taking lose-h & ecosprin gold 20 in morning for burning sensation what treatment I should take?
After having a some over meal, there is a sudden pain causing at heart region. When I take a deep breath the pain is increasing and making the breathing hard. So please suggest what mainly causes this thing.
Cholesterol is a waxy, fat-like substance that’s found in all cells of the body. The term cholesterol is often directly related to a heart condition. But the truth is that not all types of cholesterols are harmful for your body. It is important that one knows about the different types of cholesterol, having healthy levels of both types of lipoproteins is important, deal with them appropriately and lower the chances of having a stroke or getting a heart disease. Bad cholesterol levels can be high in people irrespective of them being thin, if it is genetic or if they are smokers.
Types of Cholesterol.
The Bad One:
LDL cholesterol sometimes is called “bad” cholesterol. A high LDL level leads to a buildup of cholesterol in your arteries. Lowering your cholesterol may slow down, reduce, or even stop the buildup of plaque in your arteries. It also may reduce the risk of plaque rupturing and causing dangerous blood clots.
The Good One:
HDL cholesterol sometimes is called “good” cholesterol. This is because it carries cholesterol from other parts of your body back to your liver. Your liver removes the cholesterol from your body and is important for the body as it reduces the risk of heart attack, disease and strokes.
Cholesterol count of the body is counted by adding the two types of cholesterols (LDL and HDL) along with body's triglyceride level. Triglycerides are a type of fat found in your blood. Too much of this type of fat may raise the risk of coronary artery disease.
The level of your cholesterol shows the level of risk your body is in, to have a stroke or a heart condition. Other factors which determine the risk are whether the person is a smoker, diabetic, has high blood pressure along with their age, sex and race.
Cholesterol levels are affected by:
1. Genetics: Genetics have a direct effect on your cholesterol level. If the levels have been high in the previous generations, you are automatically at higher risk of this condition.An inherited condition called familial hypercholesterolemia causes very high LDL cholesterol.
2. Age and Weight: Once we cross the age of 20, our cholesterol level starts to rise. Being overweight however is also a high risk factor of increased levels of bad cholesterol in the body as well as developing heart disease.
3. Lifestyle: Less or no exercise is another reason which reduces the good cholesterol in the body, as does being overweight. Regular exercise however reduces LDL and increases HDL in the body. Also a diet rich in saturated fats makes your LDL levels shoot up and puts you to higher risk.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
FOR CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH
For having good cardiovascular health there are 4 behaviours and 3 factors that matter.
1. No smoking
2. BMI 23
3. Optimum activities/exercise 4 heart friendly diet.
1. BP 120/80 without medicine
2. Total cholesterol less than 200 mg
3. Normal blood sugar without medicine.