Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Anil V DamieYour feedback matters!
I m 19 year old my heart asd closure operation 3 months before that time diet. This time non veg eating creates any problem.
Hi I am 38 years old my cholesterol is 158 triglycerides 101 HDL 34 direct LDL 115 HDL ratio 4.7 LDL/HDL 3.4 very low density lipoprotein 20.20 I am a diabetes.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 week and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done.
I open my shop early in the morning and till late night then my job is very hectic then I have high blood pressure and sugar. Please help me to reduce my weight and have good physical shape of my body.
My left chest is paining from couple of days what is a solution for to overcome chest pain. Is there any serious problem when there is pain in chest.
My father is taking tab. aspirin 75 MG.+ atorvastatin 20 MG. Since 1 year Kindly tell the more serious side effects of this drug. This drug was started due to some heart problem.
My grandmother, she is heart patient after checking Dr. Now she feels well but what should I do for the health of her and what should I give her to eat Kindly help me.
I am 62 years old. Very sensitive and suffer from palpitations on very small issue with family or friends. I get sleep in 1-2 hrs after going bed. I consulted psychiatric and taking one tab of d Vinizep 50 since last one year. I am taking 88cmg thyronorm tsh 3.5. All other tests normal. Have this problem since beginning. Taking alcohol daily 120 ml. please advice me.
Hii. I want to know that does every marine fish contains omega3? What r the other sources of it. How much mg it required daily for healthy heart.
I am om Blood pressure medication from last 3 years, first I was prescribed olmesartan then olmesartan with amlodipine for sometime then olmesartan + amlo+hydrochlorothiazide mix, now I am on olmesartan + hydrochlorothiazide 20 mg, I feel little panic and anxious all the day, mu bp never be in control I never know what is the problem with me, my dialostic bp is always high, physical activity is nil, could someone help me with better medicine please present range of bp is 140/100 with olsar h 20.
I have high blood pressure problem this also affects my eyes as well as the whole body. Body in terms of pain. Can you please suggest me a medicine for this?
Cardiomyopathy includes diseases involving the heart muscle. These diseases have various causes, types, symptoms and modes of treatment.
The heart muscle gets enlarged, thick or rigid. In several cases, the heart muscle tissue is replaced with a scar tissue. As this condition worsens, the heart gets weaker and the ability to pump blood is disrupted, which can cause heart failure or irregular beating of the heart. The weakened state of the heart can lead to valvar diseases.
The different types of cardiomyopathy are:
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: This is a common form and affects people of all ages. Men and women are affected equally. This condition arises due to the enlargement and thickening of the heart muscle. The ventricles, the septum and the lower heart chamber usually thicken, which causes obstruction in pumping of blood by the heart. This disease also causes stiffness in the ventricles, and cellular changes in the tissue.
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy: This form of cardiomyopathy develops due to the enlargement and weakening of the ventricles. The issue arises from the left ventricle and develops over time. It may even affect the right ventricle. More effort is put in by the heart muscles for pumping blood and slowly the heart is unable to pump blood effectively. This condition may lead to heart failure, valve diseases or blood clots in the heart.
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy: This disease occurs due to the stiffening of the ventricles, without thickening of the walls of the heart. The ventricles are not allowed to relax and do not receive a sufficient volume of blood supply. This condition causes heart failure and valvar problems over time.
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia: This rare form of cardiomyopathy occurs when fat or fibrous tissues replace the muscle tissue of the right ventricle. This causes arrhythmias and disruption in the electrical signals of the heart. It generally affects teens and may cause cardiac arrest in athletes.
- Unclassified Cardiomyopathy: Some types of cardiomyopathy of this category include left ventricular non compaction where the ventricles develop trabeculations. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy is another disease where immense stress causes failure of the heart muscles.
Treatment: Many cases of cardiomyopathy come and go away on their own. Treatment for other cases depends on the severity and symptoms. The major treatment methods are:
Lifestyle changes meant for a healthier heart.
- Nonsurgical methods.
- Surgery and implants
Modes of surgery for treatment of cardiomyopathy include:
- Septal myectomy
- Heart transplant
Implant devices such as Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) device, Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), Left ventricular assist device and pacemakers are fitted into the heart for better performance.
Cardiomyopathy can be of many different types, each arising from different situations and conditions. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the complication or on the basis of symptoms.