Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anil ThombareYour feedback matters!
The doctor is a great communicator and gives ample time. He was assuring and the treatment recommended by him showed immediate results.
Hi sir. I am applying a cream which is eveglow and it contains hydroquinone usp, tretinoin usp and mometasone furoate ip. Is it safe for face? please suggest.
I had awesome hair and everyone had love on it. But before 2 years it started to fall. Now I have more forehead than before. I'm losing my hair day by day. Some people told me that I have dandruff problem. I had consulted an ayurvedic doctor and it went for no use. Can you suggest me some remedies to overcome my problem?
Sir I m 32 year old man, previous some days I had a ulcer like spot on my penis, I use many antiseptic/fungal cream but no cure they repeat.
I have black skin problem with water or anything and also I have hairfall problem and I have also headache please good answer me.
Hair loss is a very common problem and a number of people face this issue. There are numerous reasons that can account for hair loss. As we already know, it is normal to lose about 50-100 hair strands in a day. This is because the rate of hair loss can be replenished, however, the moment the hair fall rate increases, hair loss problems start occurring.
Although reasons for hair loss may vary from person to person, here are a few common reasons for hair loss
- Hereditary i.e it happens in people with a family history of baldness
- Post pregnancy is also another phase, which can cause hairfall
- Major illness, surgeries, or severe traumatic events can trigger major hair loss
- Hormonal disturbances like PCOS, menopausal changes etc causes hyperandrogenism which results in hairfall and hair thinning
- Certain medicatition can also cause hairfall
- Physical or emotional shock and extreme stress can cause enormous hair fall
- A diet which lacks sufficient amount of vitamin D, iron, protein, vitamin B12 deficiencies and other required nutrients can be a reason for hair thinning
Now that we have talked about the causes, it is important we discuss the solutions; here is a list of treatments for hair loss which might be very efficient.
- PRP therapy: Platelet rich plasma therapy is a hair restoration therapy which essentially gives natural looking results. Platelet rich plasma is prepared from the patient's own blood using a strict protocol and is injected on scalp with fine needles. Growth factors released from blood cells called platelets do their job and hair re-grows in a very natural way.
- Mesotherapy: This is a treatment that essentially stimulates the mesoderm using superficial microinjections into the target tissues, thus relieving a number of symptoms. In this therapy, the hair follicles grow and survive and proper blood circulation is stimulated.
- Micro needling: This is another method used to treat hair loss. In this treatment the skin is poked with numerous tiny needles causing micro-injury, thereby, causing the skin to stimulate collagen and also induce hair growth on the scalp.
Primarily the underlying disorders need to be addressed with relevant treatments after thorough investigation. Appropriate topical and oral medications are advised. Along with these, the above mentioned procedures are used to treat a problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
How can I check my hair fall? Apart from medicines suggest me what food I should include in my daily diet to check it?
Hair greying is an inevitable part of aging, and it is a natural process. But it can also be a cause of concern if your hair starts greying prematurely; when you are still in your 20s or early 30s. A genetic trait, critical medication conditions or poor nutrition can lead to premature greying. Unfortunately, people think only colouring the hair can fix greying. But this is just a temporary fix, and you need to keep re-colouring your hair. Also, all the harsh chemicals in hair dyes can harm your hair with prolonged use.
Ayurveda For Hair Greying-
In Ayurveda, hair fall is referred to as ‘khalitya’ and premature graying of hair is termed as ‘Palitya’. Both khalitya and Palitya are considered as pure paitik (arising out of ‘pitta’) disorders. It means, when you continuously disturb ‘pitta’ (heat in your body), it can gray your hair. So, according to Ayurveda, if you consume pitta enhancing substances, your pitta aggravates and cause gray hair. From ayurvedic point of view, good hair growth is linked to one’s physical and mental health. When one is cheerful, the hair looks lively, alternatively when one is feeling depressed and pessimistic, the hair acquires a fallen and lifeless look.
Ayurveda is a good alternative remedy for premature greying. It is natural and it has no side-effects.
Here are some Ayurvedic treatments for premature greying:
Coconut Oil and Curry Leaves: This is one of the oldest, and mildest Ayurvedic treatments for premature greying. All you need to do is boil curry leaves (about ½ a cup) and coconut oil (1/8 of a cup) together. After the mixture is boiled enough, put it aside to cool down. Next, gently massage the mixture into your hair roots. Leave it for 20 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
Amla or Indian Gooseberry: Amla is an excellent remedy for premature greying and restoring natural pigmentation of hair. Dry some slices of amla, and then boil them in coconut oil. Now massage this concoction into your hair for best results. You have to make sure your hair is entirely coated with this mixture.
Buttermilk and Curry Leaves: For best results, make a paste of a bunch of curry leaves and a cup of buttermilk and apply it on your scalp. Keep it for thirty minutes before rinsing it off with a mild shampoo.
Carrot Seed Oil and Sesame Seed Oil: A blend of carrot seed oil and sesame oil is an effective Ayurvedic remedy for premature greying. Mix half a tablespoon of carrot seed oil and 4 tablespoons of sesame oil and massage it into your hair roots and scalp. Then wash your hair with a mild shampoo for best results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.