Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anil ThakarYour feedback matters!
My wife is 37 week pregnant, age 32yrs, and this is our second baby. Our first baby is a girl of 7 yrs, normal birth. Now her BP is 140/80 and in urine test albumin is present which is one. Her doctor is suggesting for a c sec next week as she is suffering from high BP, but we want to wait for the due date and prefer normal vaginal birth. I want to know that is she is in such complicated condition that she has to go for a c sec?
I am now 39 and my wife is 37. We have one boy of 9 years old. Now we are planning to have the second baby. She was having her last cycle in June last week. We have done her ultrasound last week. Every thing is fine. But after consulting doctor we are now confused whether to keep this baby or not. Please advise.
I took five unwanted 72 tablets in one month after an hour having sex every time. Can I become pregnant?
I am 28 years old girl. I have long periods since last 2 months. In sonography report written as" suggestive polycystic ovarian disease" Kindly help me to cure this. Also I wants to know cause, treatment, future health effects of this. Please help. My hight is 158 cm.
I'm a 17 year old girl, and have been experiencing sharp pain under my left breast when I breathe in. I thought it was a symptom of a heart attack, but I'm not experiencing nausea, anxiety, clammy skin, tiredness, etc. I have a little congestion in my chest of phlegm, and had a cough two weeks ago. I took nebulizer to solve my cough, but what should I do to solve this issue? Please help.
Hi sir, We having sex in her periods, is there any chance to get pregnant my wife. Kya periods ke doran sex krne se lady pregnant ho sakti hai kya.
Helo Dr. Jb se i-pill li h befor one year Periods time se nhi aate h kbi to one month late ho jate h or stomach bhi bda ho gya h or Headache nd Constipation ki problem bhi hoti h.
Meri wife agar pregnant hone chahti hai to kab aur kaise better sex kare ki pregnancy ki chance more Percentage ho please better suggest. Sir.
The amount of emotional upheaval that periods, or no periods (for that matter) can cause, is something that every woman is aware of. It's normal to miss your period for different reasons occasionally, but it is a matter of concern if this absence persists over a period of time. The condition is then termed as a case of secondary amenorrhea. Although most people are quick to consider pregnancy while dealing with the various reasons for missed periods, there are a number of possibilities which are seldom mulled over, but should be considered in order to take effective precautions and seek proper medical care:
- Weight: Body weight is responsible for affecting hypothalamus and this may, in turn, upset your menstrual cycle. BMI level under 18-19 may result in triggering irregularities since enough estrogen will not be created. This is also why underweight women, who suffer from bulimia or anorexia, tend to miss their periods frequently. On the other hand, overweight women may stop ovulating due to increase in the production of estrogen and therefore, have heavy, infrequent periods. Therefore, it is essential that body weight be regulated to avoid any disappointment at 'the time of the month.'
- Stress: Any type of physical or emotional stress is bound to affect your cycle. This is because, the production of stress hormones in the body increases and an elevated level of adrenaline and cortisol may impair the functioning of the reproductive system. Under stressful situations, the body employs its amino acids to assist the neurotransmitters to produce stress hormones over sex hormones. As a consequence, the chances of missing your periods increase.
- Exercising Too Much: While regular workout is indispensable for battling a sedentary lifestyle, overdoing it might cause your body to produce lesser estrogen and delay your periods. Women, who are into athletics and gymnastics, are more likely to suffer from amenorrhea. In fact, other aspects of over-exercising, like sleeping less, fasting, and infections also contribute to such irregularities.
- Breastfeeding: Prolactin is the hormone that aids in milk production and may also repress ovulation for a while. Many breastfeeding moms may not get their periods for a month or more as a result. But this doesn't do away with your chances of getting pregnant. A span of three months is expected to pass before the abnormalities are done away with.
- Food Allergies: Celiac disease or untreated gluten allergy can directly harm hormone production. They are directly related to your gut health and your adrenal glands which is why they can influence the sex hormone creation.
My Grand mother died because of breast cancer. I was obese since 15 years and was PCOd. Due to joint pain, sciatica and spine pain, I was not able to exercise. I have recently reduced 31 kgs. But I still feel the pain in my breast. On ultrasound nothing came out. Do I suspect something wrong. After reduction of 31 kgs my periods are normal.
I am 31 years female, having irregular menses, what should I do to regulate menses. I WOULD like to regular menses, how to cure problem.
At what age normal Menopause starts. What are the symptoms. Will there be any mood swings or emotional distress related to this?
Sir I am suffering from herpes and it is spreading day by day about 10 cm diameter .and itching every time .please help me sir.
Constipation is likely to occur during the second month of pregnancy due to the changes taking place inside the body. Increase your fluid intake and make sure your diet is high in fibre.
How long time should I wait after menstruation of a girl or woman to avoid from pregnant How long time I have to avoid from sex.
Nutrition for young mother
Mother is the sun of the family, thus, she gives energy and life to the whole universe. The role of mother is most important amongst all the roles played by a woman.
The gratitude and appreciation cannot end till we all die because as we all know the first process of motherhood is named well as labour pains. As all mothers always only worry and focus on the health and system of whole family but a healthy mother can only take care and bring up a healthy family, Therefore all the women should give important to their health to the same level as to family members, we should specially focus on young mothers more as the whole body and life gets a turn of 360 degree in terms of:
Body and lifestyle.
Like pregnancy, adequate nutrition of mother during lactation is of vital importance, as for almost next 6 months the infant is going get all his nutrition from mother's milk, thus, a young lactating mother needs extra nutrients to meet the baby's needs in addition to her own requirements. If the mother is malnourished, the secretions of milk are maintained at the cost of her own body reserves.
Thus, a complete well-balanced diet is important for a successful lactation ,where the breastfeed infant is growing well and maintaining appropriate biochemical indexes of nutritional status of mother and baby both.
Changes in terms of nutritional needs and hormones are very high in young mothers
Energy: During first 6 months of lactation an additional 600 kcal per day is needed and later this reduces to approx 400kcal per day.
: Calcium requirement during lactation grows high due to added stress to the body of producing milk.
1000mg per day of calcium should be taken to satisfy both mother and baby needs.
: to maintain the volume of milk and portion of casein (milk protein) an additional amount of almost 15-18g per day should be added to the diet, during first 6 months.
For good quality protein has milk and milk products, egg, nuts, pulses, fish and chicken.
: As the basic calcium, protein and carbohydrate contents are maintained in the milk at cost of mother's body reserves, the vitamins like A, B, B2, b3, C, folic acid, vitamin-D, and vitamin B12 are if less in nursing mother's diet, then an evident nutritional deficiency can be observed in the infants health too.
: A supplement of vitamin-D (10µg/d) is recommended for women who avoid milk and other foods fortified with vitamin-D. Similarly, a supplement of vitamin B12 (2.6 µg/d) is recommended for completely vegetarian mothers.
Limitation in one nutrition may be a marker for another nutrient inadequacies (e.g. iron and foliate deficiencies often coexist)
The amount of water and liquids in a diet is also very important for sufficient secretion of about 850 ml milk/day.