Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anil SharmaYour feedback matters!
Sir I can't sleep easily. When I go bed to sleep then I observe the heart beat was very loudly from normal time. Then I think what happening and I don't come sleep till early morning.
Heart faliour is the biggest killer in the modern world. Learn from a cardio logist how they detect heart diseases what are the various treatments aviable for heart disease.
I am 30 years old male. I'm suffering from chest pain since the last four months. Please give me a solution to cure my problem.
Hello, My mother's age is 53 years and she has a BP what should do for BP control and weight loss? please advise.
Making few dietary changes and losing weight are effective for reducing the blood pressure.
1) Lose weight if you are overweight or obese.
2) Eat a healthy diet, including more of fruits, vegetables, and low fat dairy products, less saturated and total fat.
3) Potassium is an important for the maintenance of high blood pressure e.g coconut water, banana etc.
4) Exercise regularly atleast for 30 mins.
1) Reduce the salt intake.
2) Avoid canned, prepackaged, or processed foods.
3) Avoid smoking and alcohol.
4) Avoid stress.
I am a bybass patient, done in 20.01.2012. Still I am finding pain in chest. It will go or not. Dieting is necessary. May I take hot drinks or not. I need your guidence.
My legs veins are getting hard with pain. I have been suffering from this problem for the last one month. I have gone through some info on internet that this may lead to heart problems is it true?
Hello Doctor ! I am from Chandigarh, From few day i am having pain in my chest continuously pinching in center of my chest, i felt myself tired after some walk or feel high pulse rate and trouble in breathing. i visited with these problem to Doctor & he suggested me ECG and cholesterol test, While ECG results normal and Other test reports are as: HDL 44 LDL 153 VLDL 35 TRYGLICER. 173 TOTAL CHOLESTEROL 231 Please suggest me with your valuable opinion.
I always have pain in my chest mostly heart side its just like a heart attack pain I have not taken any advise from any one its suddenly arose and most of 10 mins or mare than that please help me out that how can I protect my self from this severe pain.
In Ayurveda, the heart or Hridaya is the most vital thing, since it is the organ that is responsible for enabling proper circulation of blood all over the body while governing your emotions so as to keep you fit and energetic. When it comes to the development of heart ailments, a highly stressful lifestyle, and poor eating habits are considered to be the main culprits of heart diseases or Hrudroga.
As a consequence, these causes bring about the hardening of the arteries, leading to problems like angina and obstruction in the blood flow. Factors like high blood pressure, heredity, diabetes, smoking and high cholesterol make you predispose to developing problems of the heart.
How does Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda offers safe and innovative preparations for the handling of heart diseases. Plants like garlic, Arjuna, cinnamon and their preparations are used for treating heart ailments. Depending on individual cases, certain very effective natural preparations are recommended by a practitioner of Ayurveda along with lifestyle changes like:
- Getting rid of stress - When it comes to the heart, Ayurveda propounds a holistic approach in the treatment of this organ, which encompasses both physical and emotional considerations. Herbal formulations that contain ingredient like Ashwagandha are known to reduce tension in the mind as well as the body while strengthening the heart muscle.
- Eating right - Developing the habit of correct eating is vital for improving heart health. According to Ayurveda, the ideal food portion should be one that fits into the cups of your palms. Having meals three times a day at fixed timings can help in training your digestive system to not only anticipate but also digest the food consumed. For stimulating a slow digestion salt, ginger and lime can be consumed.
- Removing Ama from your body - For enabling a proper functioning of the heart regular cleaning of the internals is recommended as per Ayurvedic teaching so as to removing Ama from the body that gets accumulated in your blood vessel. From eating a high fiber diet and drinking lukewarm water to going to sleep by 10pm, Ayurvedic treatment of the heart consists of these recommendations.
- Exercising regularly - The key to a good heart health is exercising regularly but in moderation. In this context, Ayurveda believes in the concept of Balaardh, which is exercising to about 50% of your capacity. This reduces instances of strains and injuries received due to exercising. Walking for about half an hour every day is considered to be a great metabolism booster as well and it brings about an improvement of the heart.
- Ayurvedic techinque to relieve stress: Shirodhara is an ancient Ayurvedic therapy, wherein Warm oil (or other liquid) pours in a continuous stream over the forehead or ‘ajna marma’, an area where nerves are highly concentrated. The pressure of the oil onto the forehead creates a vibration. The oil saturates the forehead and scalp and penetrates into the nervous system. The gentle pressure and soothing warmth of the oil allow the body, mind and nervous system to experience a deep state of rest, similar to meditation It has a profound impact on the nervous system. It helps relieve symptoms of anxiety, stress, fatigue and hypertension. It relieves tension, worry, fear and headache as well as depression. It regulates mood and gives feelings of pleasure and relaxation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
Hello My son is 19 years old n during exams he gets blackout strokes. What could be the possible reason? What should I do?
A heart attack does not always have obvious symptoms, such as pain in your chest, shortness of breath and cold sweats. In fact, a heart attack can actually happen without a person knowing it. This condition is known as a ‘silent heart attack’, medically known as ‘silent ischemia’, occurring due to the shortage of oxygen supply to the heart muscle. The causes of a silent heart attack are similar to that of a heart attack.
Obesity or excess weight
Lack of exercise
Age, usually above 65
Consumption of tobacco or smoking
A silent cardiac arrest makes one more vulnerable to another heart attack that could be fatal. Diagnosis: The only method to diagnose if you had a silent heart attack is through imaging tests, such as echocardiogram, electrocardiogram, Holter Monitoring or others. These tests can show certain changes which might be indicative of a heart attack. An analysis of one’s overall health and the symptoms can aid in deciding whether few more tests are required.
How would you prevent a silent heart attack?
1. Get your cholesterol and blood pressure count tested regularly.
2. Refrain from smoking.
3. Get your VO2 max checked regularly.
4. Live a healthy lifestyle: Refrain from smoking and excessive alcohol consumption; exercise daily, eat healthy.
5. Control high blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes
6. Be aware of your body and call on a doctor if you feel there’s anything which is bothering you.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.