Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anil S BhoraskarYour feedback matters!
I am 70 years old. Since last 6 (six) years say diabetic is there. After that I am on insulin Human R and N as per advise and treatment of our family doctor. It is in control however my heart beat ranges between to 110 and some time it goes up to 128 too. I do have high bp and for that I take tallzy + minipress. Kindly advise me if you can.
Hello Dr. I went through diabetic screening test before one week and it was 6.1 according to Hb1ac and I tested at home with glucometer it was 106 before meal and 175 after meal. Now I have started 40 min walk daily and done dietary modification. Is it sufficient. please guide.
Hi sir, I have a problem in stomach its swelling and I am diabetic and bp patient. So tell me what should I do?
My mother is diabetic for the last 8 yrs. Her age is 75. She had fever last week and due to that she has now too much weakness in her body. .plz suggest can she take glucose in water. .is there any other glucose for diabetic patient. .her diabetic random reading is 128 and it should come in between 80-110.
7 Diabetes Related Skin Problems
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder, chiefly caused by insulin fluctuation in the body. A study shows that, 1 out of 3 people suffering from diabetes are likely to develop a skin condition sooner or later; and in some cases, these skin problems serve as symptoms of diabetes. Although these skin problems can be cured easily if treated early, proper care must be administered at all times. Here are 7 skin conditions that affect diabetics:
1. Bacterial infection
Although anyone can get a bacterial infection, people suffering from diabetes are likelier to contract them. Usual bacterial skin problems that tend to trouble diabetics are boils, lumps near the eyelids, nail infections and carbuncles. Diabetics are also prone to infections deep in the skin and of the underlying tissues. The affected area is usually warm, red and swollen.
2. Fungal infections
People who have diabetes have an increased risk of contracting the fungal infection, especially the one known as candida Albicans. The fungus tends to create a red, itchy rash, which is surrounded by blisters and scales. These are usually found in warm places of the body like the armpits, or between the fingers of the hand or perhaps even the toes. Common fungal infections in diabetic people include athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm.
3. Tingling and itching
Among the many causes of itching, diabetes is one. Yeast infection, dry skin and poor circulation are the primary causes of itching among patients of diabetes. Usually, the lower part of the leg tends to itch the most, if poor circulation is to be blamed.
4. Skin problems related to neuropathy
Diabetes can be the cause of nerve damage in some cases; and neuropathy is a common symptom of diabetes. This type of damage can cause a loss of sensation in a part of the body. On event of an injury, one may not be able to feel it. As a result, an open sore or wound, if left unattended, can develop into an infection.
5. Digital sclerosis
Digital sclerosis, a condition marked by tight, waxy, thick skin that develops on the back of the hand, is common among people who have type 1 diabetes. In this condition, the joints of the fingers get stiff and, thus, lose their mobility and elasticity. Skin of the toes, forehead and knees may also get affected.
Xerosis is another common skin condition that accompanies diabetes. In this condition, the skin becomes very dry and itchy.
7) Acanthosis nigricans
Acanthosis nigricans is the condition where diabetics get darkening of skin leading to skin tags around neck and armpits.
Related Tip: Does Hormonal Imbalance Hint the Risk of Diabetes?
My wife is thyroid patient. Her blood test result T3 - 1.41 T4- 8.81 T. S. H- 0.53 She is taking tyrox 100 mg We got married just four months before. Now we want a child. So is there any problem for her in getting pregnancy at this time. Is there any problem in 100 mg? Can it cause abortion? Medicine was prescribed by a doctor. She is losing her hair also. Please help.
My mother has a diabetes from 10 years. Currently she has been taking below medicines from 6 months: Istamet 50/500 Mitovit Rosuvin 10 Mclazide M proper 15 Her last 3 months reports are: June - Before fasting - 160 & after fasting - 288 May - Before fasting - 240 & after fasting - 326 April - Before fasting - 190 & after fasting - 282 Please guide us if we can continue with the same medicines? Or can we start ayurvedic medicines? Thank you, Ankur.
Bitter gourd: There are certain evidences that consumption of bitter gourd in any form in one’s daily menu, may result in the prevention or control of diabetes. Charantin helps in lowering the blood glucose level. Lectin, reduces the blood glucose level by suppressing the appetite and making the stored glucose to be used up by the body. The mechanism behind the activity is that it reduces the amount of glucose by inhibiting the enzymes that breakdown the disaccharides to monosaccharide.
Fenugreek seeds: Fenugreek seeds are high in soluble fiber which helps in lowering the blood glucose level by slowing down the digestion and thus slow absorption of carbohydrates. Consume 1 tsp of fenugreek powder in a warm water everyday early in the morning in the empty stomach.
Amla: The anti oxidant property of amla is responsible for lowering of blood glucose level in the diabetics. The polyphenol rich fruit has the property of assisting in the proper absorption of insulin leading to a drop in the blood sugar level. Consuming 1-3gms of amla powder everyday reduces the blood sugar level.
Curry leaves: Curry leaves affect the insulin activity of the body thus reduces the blood glucose level. Eating 10 fully grown curry leaves every morning for 3 consecutive months will keep away the hereditary diabetes and obesity caused diabetes.
Guava: Guava ids rich in dietary fiber which helps in the reduction of blood glucose level. The fiber present aids in the relief of constipation thus lowering the chance of developing type 2 diabetes. Guava leaves are healthy too. Dry the leaves and crush them and boil them in water to get all the essential inggrediant to the water. Consume it. The leaves can prevent from diabetes and reduce the blood sugar level.
Drumstick leaves: Drumstick leaves are rich in ascorbic acid which leads to the reduction of blood glucose level by increasing the insulin secreation in the body. It maintain the body glucose level and hence display the anti-diabetic property and recognized to be the natural way to manage diabetes.
Cinnamon: Consuming 1-6gms of cinnamon powder for 40 days aids in the reduction of blood glucose level by 18-29%. It may be allergic to some people, stop consuming if you notices any side effects, otherwise continue to enjoy the benefits.
Diabetes mellitus is a chronic condition wherein the body doesn’t metabolise sugar properly. Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, is responsible for carrying the sugar or glucose, from the bloodstream to the individual cells. When the pancreas fails to produce insulin, glucose builds up in your bloodstream and enters your urine. Homeopathy focuses on the overall health of the individual. Homeopathic medicines for diabetes include:
1. Abroma Augusta: This homeopathic medicine is best for diabetics who have weak muscles, increased appetites and frequent urination.
2. Phosphorus: If symptoms include weak vision, Phosphorus is the best remedy for it.
3. Syzygium Jambolanum: This is one of the best homeopathic remedies for diabetes mellitus. It acts efficiently and promptly in lowering sugar levels.
4. Phosphoric acid: If you feel exhausted or weak all the time, either physically or mentally, then Phosphoric acid is beneficial. Weak memory, forgetfulness and numb feet are also treated with Phosphoric acid.
5. Gymnema Sylvestre: Sometimes, diabetics drastically lose weight and have low energy levels. Gymnema Sylvestre is an excellent remedy for such symptoms.
Sometimes one or more homeopathic medicines may be combined to treat symptoms of diabeties. Some common combinations include:
1. Lachesis, Arnica, Belladonna and Phosphorus are combined in a treatment to treat retinopathy, which is damage to the eyes caused by diabetes.
2. Serum Anguillae, Arsenic Album and Lycopodium are used together to treat kidney damage (nephropathy) in diabetics.
3. Helonias, Sulphur and Phosphoric acid are taken to deal with neuropathy or nerve problems such as numbness in feet and hands.
4. Syzygium Jambolanum is combined with Secale Cornutum to treat skin ulcers, which is a common problem among diabetics.
5. For people suffering from constipation due to diabetes, Natrum Sulph, Defloratum and Carlsbad are the best medicines.
6. To improve weak memory, Phosphoric acid, Nux Vom and Kali Phos are the best remedies for diabetics.
7. Sometimes diabetics complain of extreme, incapacitating weakness. To improve energy and boost overall health, Carbo Veg, Phosphoric acid, Phosphorus and Arsenic Album are recommended.
Increased uric acid level cause many problems in our body.
1. Lack of water intake cause accumulation of uric acid in our body.
2. Intake of high protein diet.
3. Because of liver problems.
4. Because of kidney problems.
5. According to ayurveda this a problem of vatrakta.
1. Pain and swelling in toe.
2. Joints pain specially in finger's joints in initial stage.
3. Red patches on skin with itching.
4. Increase pitta in nadi (pulse).
5. Swelling in all joints especially in ankle joint and below knee.
7 ways to reduce uric acid level:
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Drink soda water daily.
3. Drink coconut water daily.
4. Take chandan ark.
5. Drink khus decoction
6. Drink cold milk
7. Avoid badi vegetables like arbi, kathal, peas, culliflower, urad dal, rice.