Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Anil MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
I have a fatty liver My scanning report is hepatomegaly infiltration of liver no fecal lesion I done all hepatitis test no hepatitis Please suggest me about diet and treatment.
I hav a lot of acidity problem. Due to irregular eating habits n night shifts. How do I take care of this. I do sleep for abt 7 hrs a day.
I have a chronic breath and digestion difficulty when I smell smoke around me even its residue in lift, room or corridor. I feel first with a pain in my chest, sore throat and nasal congestion with a growing headache and air expelling habit through my throat. Nasal steroid spray and tylfast tabs fail to cure me.
My father is addicted to tobacco consumption and has digestion problem, I think it is because of tobacco. please suggest me what should I do?
Hello sir, I am 28 years old, my profession is bank employee, lot of time I was sitting in the chair, actually my problem is gas trouble started for last six months, I didn't take the any junk for or out side of food, and every day I was take the meals correct time. But this trouble problem is too embarrassing me please sir could tell any medication. Thank you.
1. Eat three small meals and three snacks evenly spaced throughout the day. It is important to avoid periods of hunger or overeating.
2. Eat slowly and chew foods well.
3. Be relaxed at mealtime.
4. Sit up while eating and for 1 hour afterward.
5. Avoid eating within 3 hours before bedtime. Bedtime snacks can cause gastric acid secretion during the night.
6. Cut down on caffeine-containing foods and beverages, citrus and tomato products, and chocolate if these foods cause discomfort.
7. Include a good source of protein (milk, meat, egg, cheese, etc.) at each meal and snack.
8. Antacids should be taken in the prescribed dose, one-hour and 3 hours after meals and prior to bedtime. This regimen is most likely to keep the acidity of the stomach at the most stable and lowest level.
9. Milk and cream feedings should not be used as antacid therapy. Although milk protein has an initial neutralizing effect on gastric acid, it is also a very potent stimulator. Hourly feedings of milk have been shown to produce a lower ph than three regular meals.
10. Caffeine-containing beverages (coffee, tea, and cola drinks) and decaffeinated coffee cause increased gastric acid production but may be taken in moderation at or near mealtime, if tolerated.
Hello In 2008 I had jaundice and my bilirubin count was 9.6.then after long rest and medication I got cured. But from then on I started developing gas and digestion problem when ever I eat junk food or outside food I get headaches and vomiting. I took tablets like rantac and mucaine gel and disprin grenil but those give relief temporarily. Any change in food habit the problem resurfaces. I am an advocate so I go out to work at 10 am by taking rice dal and fish. But the main problem lies in what should I take in my snack time or tiffen time? From 1.30 pm I start getting hungry. I can not eat can note food. I tried eating bread but gas problems occurs. So my main question is can you give me a diet chart so that my gas prob does not occurs. My height is 6 feet and weight 100 kgs.
Doctor I have to finger my anus for loo:(Since 6-7 years I dint find any problem but The problem being serious for now My stomach feels filled with air or tight .
Hi, I am 25 years old, I want to say that I'm suffering from acidity problem. Presently I using rabiprazole + domepradon tablet at morning before breakfast and mirtazapine at night, if I do not take these tablets, I suffer from vomiting at morning time. What I do to release from these tablets?
Sir I am suffering from constipation about two years on and off. Sir please suggest me any medicine which completely clear my stored waste in colon. Sir I have no any hard stool pass. Sir please suggest me for permanent cure of abdominal problem. Sir I living very disciplined life yet I am suffering.
I have stomach upset. Ie gas ,irregular weight gain, sometime slight pain, felling of fullness and bloating of stomach.
Liver is a very important organ of your body. It is also the largest internal organ. Liver plays a pivotal role in food digestion, iron metabolism, regulation of blood clotting and removal of toxins from your body. Liver problems refer to the disruption of liver functions. There are various liver problems and diseases that you may encounter. Some of the liver problems are as follows:
- Hepatitis A, B, C, D, E
- Liver cirrhosis.
- Fatty liver
- Liver cancer
- Wilson disease
The most common causes of the above mentioned liver problems are
- Fatty liver is generally caused due to obesity
- Hepatitis A, B, C is caused due to viral infections
- Consuming excess alcohol can cause liver cancer
- Liver diseases like Wilson disease is caused due to genetic problems
Different liver problems have different symptoms. But there are some common symptoms for all liver diseases. The most common symptoms are mentioned below
- Body fatigue
- Pain in the abdomen
- Change in urine and stool color
- Loss of weight and appetite
- Yellowish discoloration of skin, eyes and nails.
Homeopathy can treat liver problems very effectively. The following are some of the solutions offered by homeopathy for different liver problems
1. If you are suffering from the problem of fatty liver, your doctor may recommend you medicines like Lycopodium, Phosphorus, Nux vomica
2. If you suffer from the problem of liver enlargement then your doctor may recommend you medicines like Carduus Marianus
3. Chionanthus and Taraxacum are medicines advised for liver problems like jaundice
4. Natrum sulphuricum may be recommended to you if you are suffering from problems like Liver cirrhosis
Homeopathic treatment for liver problems is very effective since it treats the medical condition according to specific symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.