Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Anil KkYour feedback matters!
Ser muje 3 4 mahene se gale me halkasa jalan hota hai is ke baad gale ke neche se Le kar chati me kuch mehsus hota hai jaise koi chez andar ki taraf jarahi hai aur Yeh silsila Sara din raita hai phir soo kar utne ke bad 1 2 ganta thek raita hai phir gale me halka jalan shiro hota hai mai bahut pareshan Ho please plz meri help kigiya.
Hi My wife is 35 on thyroxin, little exertion raise her temperature feel fever almost every day what may be the cause.
Here are symptoms, effects and procedure of cochlear implants.
Hi! I am Dr. Manish Prakash senior ENT consultant at Mayom Hospital, Gurgaon. Today we are going to talk about Cochlear Implants. Cochlear Implants are the boom for the deaf. They are primarily indicated for severe to a profound Sensorineural Hearing loss in children and adults.
Hearing loss is of two types Conductive Hearing loss and Sensorineural hearing loss.
Conductive Hearing Loss primarily means that the sound is not able to reach inside the inner ear into the cochlea and that is why it is called as Conductive Hearing Loss whereas Sensorineural hearing loss means that the sound is reaching into the cochlea but because to the damage in the cochlea hair it does not reach to the auditory nerve and it cannot reach to the brain.
Cochlear implants are mainly indicative for the treatment of Sensorineural hearing loss. Cochlear implants consists of two parts. One is internal component and the external component. Internal component is the surgically implantable electrode which is inserted by a surgery inside the cochlea which happens to reside behind the ear. The external part is a processor which is also having a microphone and a transmitting coil which is a house behind the ear and is supposed to capture all the sound and transmit it to the electrical signals. Thereby the signals enter to the cochlea via the electrode and these signals are transmitted through the auditory nerve to the brain. Cochlear implants is majorly for pre lingual children. Pre lingual mean before the development of the language and children who are born deaf and children under 8 years of age are good candidates for such kind of intervention and procedure and also children who are post lingual deaf which means that after the acquisition of language. Afterwards who become deaf post lingual children and adults are also good candidates for the cochlear implantation program.
To know more you can visit my website www.entgurgaon.com or connect me to lybrate.com.
Dear sir My name is rakesh mehras. My problem in my nose. When I go in sun that after time coming blood from my nose. please tell me best solution Thanks.
I am suffering frequently from throat infection When it persist it is difficult to swallow solid food. Give me some suggestion and solution.
I am 32 years male. I suffering with itching in both the nostrils. When I rub the nostrils it feels good for some moment but again it start to itch and after some time I start to sneez. I had Ayurveda and homeopathic treatment for 5-6 months each but no results. Could you please suggest me something? I am having this problem since 3 years now.
Sir, Mujhe five month se subah uthta hoon tab gale me cough jama rehta or ab to gle jalan hoti or sine me bhi dard hota 5 ,6 doctors ko dikha chuka hu. Magar koi improvement nai hai .sir give good advice what I do. Please tell me.
I suffer from sinusitis with no smelling sensation, crackling sound in ears. Heaviness in forehead while leaning forward down. Mild watery discharge from nose since last one year. Tried homeopathy and Miami treatment but problems still persist.
She is suffering from cold and cough but she also has high fever of about 104 I gave her calpol 650 mg and the fever goes down slowly. She is unable to eat anything as soon as she eat something she vomits it she has gone very weak in 3 days. I consulted doctor but they are not seem to do any good. He says the fever is due to throat infection. What to do? Please tell.
27/M. What is the solution of pilonidal sinus? My surgery is on 1st September 2017, so can someone suggest a relief for the meanwhile?
Ear aches are a very painful condition, which tends to affect mostly children. However, adults can be affected by ear aches as well, which can disrupt their routines and be quite painful. Let's have a look at some of the aspects of ear aches in adults.
Causes of ear aches in adults
There are many causes for ear aches in adults and it may vary from one person to another. However some general causes of ear aches in adults are listed below:
- Infections within the body: If you have a throat infection or cold, it could trigger an ear ache as a side effect. Treating the underlying problems will, thus reduce the ear ache or it will go on its own when the symptoms of the cold subside.
- Ear canal injury: Adults are most often guilty of putting in sharp objects to clean their ear canal, which may result in an injury and also lead to infections. These injuries can also be infected and cause fluid discharge and ear aches.
- Blockages caused by the regular use of ear buds: Using ear buds or other sharp objects to clean the ear will only result in pushing the ear wax further into the ear. This will result in blockages of the ear canal and cause ear aches.
- Dental problems: Certain dental problems, such as wisdom tooth growth can result in problems. Even gum disorders have been known to create ear aches in adults.
- Jaw pain and facial pain: Jaw pain and even facial nerve pain has been known to affect ears and cause aches as well.
Symptoms that may accompany ear aches
Depending on what the causes of the ear aches are, the symptoms may vary. Still, let's have a look at some of the known common symptoms of ear aches in adults:
- Irritability and lack of focus: Ear aches may initially manifest as a headache and make the person irritable.
- Poor sleep: Fluids may build up within the body and thus cause issues while sleeping as the fluids may shift from one area to another.
- Ear drainage: If in case fluids build up, they may drain from your ear, which could vary anywhere within yellow to dark brown colour. This may even indicate that your eardrum is ruptured.
- Hearing problems: Fluid buildup or other underlying causes may also cause hearing difficulties.
- Fever: Sometimes, fever may run as high as 104 degree C due the very infections, which may be causing the ear ache.
Whatever may be the cause, if you have ear aches for sustained periods without underlying reasons, you should consult a doctor immediately to get it checked out, so that appropriate treatment can start quickly.