Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Anil KarkhaniYour feedback matters!
Hi I am (38 years) from kolkata. I am having specificity problems in both legs and now progressed to both hands a bit. I shown ninhans(bangalore) than they diagonised a progressive spastic parapledia. Many doctors I have shown and most of doctors telling its heriditary spastic paraplegia as I got spasticity from 19 years onwards. Before that age I didnt had spasticity. Please tell what to do or if its really hsp or any other disease?
I am a female 40 years of age. When I take any pain killer tablet it affect badly on me results in swelling. What is this?
I am 20 year's old and feeling backpain. An sometimes I get headaches also so please suggest me some healthy tips.
Hello dr, mere husband k left leg k hil k uper wali gol hdddi k aas pass dard reheta h, xray m kuch nhi nkla hai, malish karne pr dard bd jata h, kya malish nhi karni chaiye, please tell me what should I do? &tell me some medicine.
I fell from a motorbike skidding on a soil/clay road 10 days back. Bike safety guard slightly pressed my leg MTP Joint, there is no fracture/swelling but pain persist, I didn't use any pain killers or cloth thinking it would heal automatically since there is no swelling/injury. Please advise.
Hello docs. What happens is when I sit for a long time at a same place for a long time applying pressure on my legs, my left leg sometimes becomes numb and I can't walk. Although after sometimes I recover but it is worrisome. Can you tell me why does it happen and do I need medicines?
I am 69 yrs old free of any ailment but knee joint problem. My weight is 95 kgs with 69 inches height. I want to reduce my weight & tummy ?
I am 43 years old male I have a backache problem from last one year. Please suggest me any medicine or exercise.
I have an accident & injured . My right knee have ACL tear. Dr. says surgery is only solution. Is this right? Is their any solution of recovery without surgery ?
I have a problem in my back. Pain is there in my backbone we can say spine. Am I suffering from slip disk I am afraid. please suggest what is this and what solution is there.
I have lower back pain when sitting for long time and at the time of driving when I sit and go little back a mild pain occur.
Are you suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and looking for an effective treatment? You can choose homeopathic treatment as it is natural and is free from any side effect. Rheumatoid arthritis is a form of autoimmune disease, which causes inflammation of the joints. The inflammation can be chronic and does not subside on its own. It leads to destruction of your joint tissues. Here are some top homeopathic medicines, which are used for treating rheumatoid arthritis:
- Causticum: This is one of the primary homeopathic medicines used to treat rheumatoid arthritis when there are joint deformities. The patient weakens over time and the muscles lose strength eventually. The patient feels extremely restless during the night and the restlessness is associated mostly with the legs. Contractions in the tendons likely result in deformities and intense pain. The pain is tearing in nature. Due to weakness of the forearm muscles, the patient may not have a firm grip on anything. The pain usually improves by keeping the affected the area warm.
- Caulophyllum: This is an effective medicine for rheumatoid arthritis and is commonly used for women. It is used when small joints are affected more, compared to the larger joints in the limbs. This medicine is mostly used to treat arthritis of fingers of your hands and feet. The pain keeps on changing positions all the time within a small span of time. At one moment, you may feel it on your right hand, and soon after it may affect your left hand. Gradually, it shifts towards the feet as well.
- Colchicum: This homeopathic medicine is usually required during chronic stages of rheumatoid arthritis. It affects several tissues such as periosteum, synovial membranes and other muscle tissues. The inflamed parts turn red, become hot and swollen. The pain is expected to worsen during the evening and night. The fingertips may feel numb and you may feel some joint stiffness as well. A feverish feeling is also likely.
- Ledum Pal: This medicine is used in the cases of rheumatoid arthritis where the rheumatoid starts in the feet and travels upwards spreading to the upper joints of the body. The patient feels cold, but still cannot bear any amount of warmth. The small joints present in the feet are commonly affected. Swelling in the toes and ankles is a common symptom.
- Bryonia: This is an excellent homeopathic medicine for rheumatoid arthritis. It is used when all the joints and joint membranes are swollen and affected. The pain experienced is unbearable and increases with motion. The inflamed joints become red and swollen.
To know the best homeopathic remedy which is ideal for treating your rheumatoid arthritis, you should consult a homeopathic doctor.
My mother is 50 years now she had hysterectomy operation 3 months backs since then she is suffering from knee pain daily can you suggest her anything to reduce the pain.
I am having backbone pain from last 2 weeks. But still pain is same even I have tried lots of exercise to get relief. Please help me out.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder affecting the joints, symmetrically (usually). The joints become swollen, red, hot, painful & tender. The joint movement becomes limited due to pain & swelling
It starts with inflammation of the synovial membrane but may involve the joint capsule and other surrounding soft tissues.
It is a self limiting disease. But by the time it leaves, the patient is crippled due to contractures & deformities.
Acute phase can be managed with medicines.
Commonly used medicines are ibuprofen/paracetamol/aspirin in therapeutic doses. They help to control symptoms of pain and swelling of the joints in most of the cases by their anti inflammatory properties. Fever is also controlled.
Vitamins, minerals, anti oxidents & other supportive medicines are also needed. Omega 3 fatty acids have a very definite role to play in improving the response to the treatment.
Physiotherapy helps in preventing contractures & deformities.
The patient should do general exercises & keep active.
He may have to be further investigated.
In established cases of rheumatoid arthritis dmard (disease modifying drugs) e. G. Methotrexate, hcq, leflunomide, saaz etc. Have to be used.
They all are toxic drugs & can cause bone marrow depression along with other side effects. They should be taken under medical supervision.
Sometimes steroids may have to used.
The dose of these medicines should be adjusted to the minimum required, to control the symptoms.
Blood, urine tests & other investigative procedures should be done periodically to rule out any side effects.
X rays of the affected part should be done to confirm diagnosis & assess the extent of damage.
Diabetes, vitamin d deficiency or any other metabolic disorder should be ruled out. Sometimes they mimic the symptoms & create confusion in diagnosis. Associated disorders like these, most certainly affect recovery adversely.
It should be ascertained that the patient is not allergic to any of the medicines that he is going to take.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic disorder that lasts over many years with acute exacerbation & remissions. The earning capacity of the family is adversely affected. The cost of medical treatment is high. If the patient needs surgery, it is further escalated. Most of the population in india is not covered by any medical insurance. All these factors put together create an atmosphere of depression in the family. Patient feels morally degraded & may even develop suicidal tendency.
In a situatation like this it becomes essential that a moral support is provided to the patient by his friends & relations. Treating doctor has a very definite role to play in keeping up the moral of patient.