Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Anil KarathkarYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from headache since 2months, I have consulted doc and I explained my symptoms, he done after some tests diagnosed my disease as low supply of oxygen and blood fluids leads to my situation. Does it mean I'm suffering from vertigo? Looks like I have same symptoms related to vertigo, my ear problems and stroke on brain and loss of clear eye sight etc, he prescribed me diziron 25mg twice a day it works well but after 2 months iim back with pain, does diziron will be advisable?
I am 35 years old and diabetic and I am suffering from nasal congestion, little fever, chills, sinus problem, difficulty breathing and extreme fatigue. My tests like cbc, urine culture, blood culture, xray, malaria,all are negative. Should I go for a swine flu test. Because I am feeling extreme fatigue, chills, joint pain, nasalcongestion. Sinus problem. Pls advice.
When I went in swimming pool my left ears in water. After I am not able to hear clearly in many days something like one week now. so, what I do please doctor give me some suggestion.?
I am 20 year old. I am unable to from my left ear. I never know when it happened no accident and all. When I put headphones dn only base is audible, voice is totally blur. I have clean my ear many time, no effect. Please suggest some dropper for wax cleaning also which take out wax immediately.
I am a 61 year old man. 4 years back I had fess for the deviated septum and nose block. All was fine till dec last year when all of a sudden I lost my smell and taste. Tried various medications but no success. What should I do?
I have a flat nose am seventeen years old boy how can I lengtnern my nose. Is this have any intensive problems?
I have a throat infection . I want to know the precautions with which water I should do bath? What should I eat etc.
I have shown to ENT for my tonsil because due to yellowish round shape but small between tonsil and tongue patches . But I never fill any problem between tonsil and tongue. He told me that it is pharyngitis and give me medicine for that, so pharyngitis remove . but 1 type of pharyngitis near tonsil is not removing totally still now. I have taken so many medicine like antibiotic ,anti-alergy, gargle etc... But not going away permanently. So I d'nt have any problem. Can You Suggest me
I have a sore throat and have a fever as well. I am suffering from influenza as well plus tired as well.
The nasal septum divides the nose into two nostrils or airways. When this septum is defective in structure or position, it can cause several physical difficulties like breathing problems, sleep apnea, bleeding, sinusitis, etc. The surgery to correct the nasal septum is known as septoplasty. The surgery is very common and has a high rate of success.
Reason: When the bone and cartilage separating the two chambers is crooked and deformed, it prevents the air from flowing properly through either one of the nostrils. People suffering from this condition often breathe through their mouth and this leads to respiratory tract infections. So, the septum is fixed with the help of septoplasty.
- First, your medical history is taken. A thorough physical examination is conducted and the nose is photographed from the inside and the outside. You may also be asked to avoid medication like ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin for a few days since these can increase the bleeding after surgery.
- Septoplasty is performed under general or localized anesthesia and takes about 90 minutes. Incisions are made on the inside of the nose and the mucus membrane is lifted.
- Then, the pieces of cartilage that are affecting normal functioning are repositioned or removed.
- If the nasal bone is causing the septum to be wrongly aligned, then cuts are made on the bone and it is positioned correctly.
- Sometimes, cartilage grafts (called spreader grafts) are put in between the upper nose cartilage and the septum to widen the narrow nostril.
- After this, the mucus membrane is put back in place and stitched.
Post- surgical care: A nasal support is put inside the nose to help it heal and keep it straight. The support is removed after two days but there may be swelling and occasional nasal discharge for a few days. The tissues and cartilage become stable within 4 to 6 months. You are asked not to blow your nose or cough and sneeze too much as these might displace the nasal support. The head is to be kept at a higher level than the rest of the body while sleeping and physically demanding exercises are to be avoided in order to prevent nosebleeds.
Risks: Septoplasty is not performed if the patient had high level of blood sugar or high blood pressure. It is also delayed in case of any kind of infection in the nose, mouth or in the respiratory tract. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am having pain in my throat for last three days and now severe cough with yellow mucous is coming what should I do.
i have recently got small boils inside my ears. could u please tell me why? and what is the treatment. i have started taking homeopathic treatment i.e. Silicia 200. 4 small balls thrice / day.
I put mustard oil in my ear which got drained from the throat. Even when I blow my nose the air rushed out from the ear. The is no discharge of pus or anything from ear what does it mean?
I use cpap machine for snoring but after 3 to 4 hrs I wake up daily any remedy for continuous sleep will you suggest.
Sinusitis refers to an extremely painful condition caused due to the inflammation and swelling of sinuses. A host of causes contribute to sinusitis, chief among them being allergies, air pollution or sometimes infection (learn more About Acute Respiratory Infections). It causes extreme discomfort, throbbing headache, sore throat and a blocked nose. Though different branches of medicines have tried in their own ways of dealing with this problem, ayurveda with its reliance on natural products as remedial measures have emerged as a clear favorite.
Some of the ayurvedic remedies for sinusitis are:
- Inhalation of steam with tulsi: The benefits of tulsi are widespread and need little introduction. The ambit of its advantages is expansive, making its presence felt even in treating sinusitis. In case of severe bouts of sinusitis, it is highly recommended that you inhale steam with tulsi almost every day in the week.
- Have ginger along with honey: Another way of treating acute pangs of sinusitis is by making a paste of ginger and honey. Make small tablets of this mixture and for most effective results it is advisable that you have it every day.
- Avoid certain food: Just how incorporating certain food in the diet help in reducing the pain of sinusitis, eliminating few, often times help you to achieve the same purpose. When you suffer from sinusitis, it is only advisable that you diligently avoid dairy products like milk, yoghurt as well as intoxicants like cigarettes (know about the impacts of smoking on your organs) and alcohol.
- Lemon juice and water: In the initial stages of sinusitis, having a daily concoction of lemon juice and water is considered very beneficial. During this phase maintaining a light diet is advisable.
- Practice pranayama: The gamut of ayurvedic remedies includes not only the prescription of what to eat and what to avoid but also several exercises that help in expediting the process of recovery. Among them, pranayama with its focus on control and regulation of breath is particularly beneficial in curing sinusitis.