Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anil Karathkar
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Anil KarathkarYour feedback matters!
Breathing problem in right nostril, mostly in evening time, no problem during sleep. Actually feels better during sleep, feels better under air conditioner,
I am 25 yrs old for last 1 year I am suffering from nasal congestion and cold, headache, drowsiness. I have taken several medication but of no effect please help me out.
Sir. While I am traveling by plane I am usually getting pain in my ears please suggests me how to get rid from this problem.
I am feeling cough in throat for last 4.5 days and had taken some anti-biotics like azithromycin but still remained uneffected.
Throat problem from last six month. 1-2 tym voice problem also. I take treatment from many ent doctors but little progress. They said its infection only. But should I do next. Because I am suffering from this too much.
I am 21 years old. From last 2-3 days I have been suffering from weakness and yesterday I went for my platelet count test. Platelets count are less i.e. 1.18lakhs. What to do now. I have my civil exams and because of this my body is not able to cope up. I feel dizzy quite a time and have became weak too. Please help. I too have some kind of allergy which causes breathing problem especially in winter. But I do not know about the allergy and it has been with me since last 6 years.
I have nasal problem since last 3 years sometimes liquid flow from my nose and when I come in contact with cool air my both nose got blocked , I can not able to take breath also and in the early morning I got continuous sneeze.
My uncle has a severe pain in a artery / vein from approx 5-7 years. The pain starts from the top of the head tll end thumb of leg. And just the right side only. Hand also pains. He has a EAR problem too. Doctor said its problem of neuro some says problem of ENT. He also has high diabetes, sugar and B. P. please HELP.
I am suffering from vertigo for a long time. Please suggest some remedy/ies. Doctors have prescribed me various anti-reeling medicines, most of the meds did not produce any tangible effect. Now I am on LOREL 1 in the morning, LOREL 1 0.5 in the night.
I am a 25 yrs old male.I am having a severe pain in both the ears and my right ear is bleeding and sometimes fluid comes out. Please help me. -Thanks.
I am 62 years old and living in Delhi . Every year at this time , i.E when the winter is about to leave I get throat infections , which is termed ' Allergic rhinitis ' by ENT doctors and it persists till summer . The symptoms are sore throat , mild fever , sometimes pleghm . I am already having it please help
I am suffering from cyclic throat pain. I am taking pentids400 tab twice a day for about 6 months then also the throat infection occurs.
I am suffering from cough science last week. I am getting some blood when I split And my throat is like sore. I have taking tablets but I can't find any type of cure. Would you suggest any tablets or syrup. I would be thankful.
Normally I breathe through only one nostril only. If one nostril opens then the other one automatically become blocked. The problem is transfers to other nostril automatically and no problem with unblocked nostril. Is it a problem or it is general health condition?
I have throat pain since last two month consult ent doctor no relief some test and mri has been done one year back should I go for mri again or suggest some other wayout.
I had some infection and pain in my ear and took the treatment. After that I have got contious hissing sensation in my ear. Some times I feel like some liquid flowing inside and it reduces the hearing also by 50% for few minutes. I encountered my self in disoriented position when I got up in night and fell on the bed. I tried again and again I fell. But it improved in morning and reduced by 80% slowely in 15 days. I used to get this feeling during the day also while getting from the Chair or getting out of the car. Please Advise.
The common reason why most of us get throat infections is because they are viral in nature. This means that if one person gets a throat infection then he transmits it to others by touching, coughing and sneezing etc.
Viral throat infections can be managed easily. There are several home remedies that can alleviate your viral infection. However, it is suggested to consult an ENT specialist if the home remedy is not providing any relief to you.
- Gargling: It is one of the most popular methods of treating viral throat infection. All you need to do is mix one tablespoon of salt in 200 ml of water and warm the solution. When the water becomes lukewarm, take a small portion of it and rinse your throat with the solution. Take care that the solution remains within your throat and does not reach your stomach. Rinse your throat for 5 minutes and repeat the procedure after a rest of 2 minutes. Ensure that the water remains lukewarm for effectiveness.
- Inhalation: Another common method of ridding yourself of viral throat infections is to inhale steam. Boil some water mixed with eucalyptus oil. When the water starts developing bubbles, take your face near it, cover it and the pot containing water with a dry towel and inhale the steam. This procedure is inconvenient for many people because inhalation results in sweating, but the result is perceptible. You must inhale steam for at least five minutes. Once you are done with inhalation, avoid taking cool fluids like cold water etc., else the effect would be reversed and your infection might get more severe.
- Take lots of fluids: Strange as it may sound, viral throat infection can also be treated by taking lots of hot fluids. The warm temperature helps in neutralising the viruses, while the fluids prevent the dehydration of the body. Take hot tea, coffee etc. when you have an infected throat.
- Drink hot milk and turmeric: Many mothers administer this solution to their kids to treat throat infections caused by viruses. This concoction is best taken before sleeping in the night. Turmeric has been found to carry several anti-microbial properties.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, you must avoid smoking to alleviate your viral throat infection.
- Use decongestants and nasal sprays: These substances make breathing easier by contracting the swollen mucous membranes. Nasal sprays also help relieve runny noses and post-nasal drips, which are so irritating and inconvenient to many. However, avoid administering this remedy to small children. Since these sprays contain synthetic drugs, it is advisable to stick to prescribed dosages for different age groups.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!