Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AnilYour feedback matters!
With the fast changing scenario and advancement of research, the definition of ailments are also becoming precise. Earlier, one term 'Impotency' was used in wider sense to define all sexology related problems, such as erectile dysfunction (ED), low libido, low sperm count, infertility, and the inability to produce a child in both males and females. However today, with the advancement of research each problem has its own definition. Impotency is the condition where you suffer from a sexual dysfunction. It can cause stress and might undermine your confidence when you and your partner have a sexual encounter. It might also cause uneasiness between the two of you or embarrassment for having a dysfunction. In men, impotency is mostly in the form of erectile dysfunction whereas in women it is the inability to get pregnant. It may be due to a physical condition or an emotional trauma that you might be facing.
Here are the two broad divisions of the causes of impotency:
- Psychological causes: Depression, anxiety or stress might be the major psychological causes for impotency. Also various mental disorders might take a toll on potency and your sexual libido. A sexual dysfunction might just start very suddenly after suffering from any psychological trauma. A very common psychological problem which men face at least once in their lifetime is a condition called performance anxiety. You become extremely conscious about whether you will be able perform well as the society expects men to take an upper hand while having sex. This burdens you and you get anxious about your performance in bed, causing you to suffer from a dysfunction. In cases of a marital dispute or lack of communication with your partner might also be a reason of an occasional dysfunction.
- Physical causes in women: The physical causes may or may not be curable naturally. Sometimes surgeries are required to cure these causes. Some medicines have certain side effects which can cause a dysfunction to form. Often times not enough blood flows to the reproductive organs which results in impotency. Certain nervous and hormonal disorders also affect your potency. Disorders like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, blocked fallopian tubes, hormonal imbalances causing irregular periods, or improper egg implantation can cause impotency. In these cases it is extremely difficult for the women to become pregnant, i.e., you will not be able to conceive.
- Physical causes in men: Having a low sperm count is the most common factor which results in impotency. Hormonal disorder like hypogonadism which results in a low sperm count is also a contributing factor. If you have a blockage in the testicles, it will again affect the sperm count negatively. Improper ejaculation is another common cause of impotency.
Although impotency may be extremely disheartening, you can be treated for it and have your own family eventually. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am 25 female. In the month of january I gave birth to a baby girl. And she is three months now. I was in physical contact with my husband. From two to three weeks on wards im getting few time spotting nausea headache weakness cramping and pain in my lower abdomen during in contact with my husband. Is this happens after delivery or is it signs of another pregnancy?
I am 30 years of age and I have postponed my child process because of my PhD. I will complete my PhD by june 2016. Will there be any problem if I conceive after that?
My wife is 36 years old and we are married for 12 years. My wife is not interested in having sex and becomes irritated when her nipples are touched or sucked. She feels like tickling. What is the solution?
I have hypothyroidism n the tsh levels shot up when I was pregnant with my daughter. I had thyroid disorder before pregnancy. Should I go for a second child? Will I face the same problem again? What are the chances of my daughter inheriting thyroid disorder since I had disturbed levels while she was in there?
Hello. My friend had sex with a sex worker recently. He said he touched and rubbed the woman's outer part of the vagina and clitoris with his fingers. Then while wearing a condom, he by mistake touched the inside of the condom with his fingers. He then wore the condom and had intercourse. Now he is worried whether he has a chance of getting STD or HIV because of that finger contact? However he had not inserted the finger inside the vagina.
I have 43 years old and our wife is 37 years and last 16 years get together . I have 2 kids and one 14 years old and another is 6 years old. My wife do not take interest in sex. Please advice me .
We all crave for that glowing, healthy skin which is easy to maintain and are willing to shell our exorbitant amounts to achieve the same. However, we need not look far. There are some magical products right in our homes which can do the trick for us, without spending time or money. Besan (gram flour) is one such wonder.
Read on to know some of its most significant benefits.
- Anti-tanning effects: If you have just come back from a holiday and are wondering how to get rid of the tan from your face, then try this. Mix a couple of spoons of besan with some lime, yogurt and a pinch of turmeric. Leave it on your face for a while and wash it off to see your skin become radiant and glowing. In about a week’s time, your tan would be a thing of the past.
- Decrease oily feeling: For people with oily or greasy skin, a simple face pack made by mixing gram flour with raw milk or yogurt applied for 20 minutes will do wonders. It can even be mixed with rose water and honey and used as a face pack. The residues and the dirt that oily skin tends to accumulate would be gone.
- Anti-acne agent: While acne continues to remain one of the dreadful skin issues, the besan comes to the rescue here too. Mixed with sandalwood powder, milk and turmeric powder, besan can be used to fight pimples. Apply it on the skin and dry it off once it dries.
- Anti-sagging effect: Whip up an egg white and add gram flour to it and apply it on the face for about 30 minutes. The skin will be firmer and will have a youthful glow.
- For instant fairness: When you have a function coming up or have to go out and do not have time for a visit to the parlour, head to the kitchen. Take the besan flour and add orange peel powder if available or just add milk cream. Use circular motions to help it soak into the skin. When you wash it after about 20 to 30 minutes, the skin will be soft, supple, and flowing.
- Controls unwanted hair: With regular use, besan mixed with fenugreek seeds (methi) or sandalwood powder, lime, and milk cream helps control unwanted hair growth.
For those who remember, besan is the only cleaning agent used, which leaves them with soft, supple skin which is free of oiliness and unwanted hair. So, what are you waiting for? The best art is that this can be used regularly without having to step out of the house while continuing to do the regular household chores. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Hello sir/madam, My wife had an abortion after 2 weeks of pregnancy by abortions pills. Now her health got normal but her breast size still remain increased and sagy. Also she has some fluids leaking from her breast. I request you for some advice to regain her original size. Thank u.
Hi, I am 32 years female. After pregnancy my weight is gained. Now my weight is 71 kg and my height is 5.4feet Can you please suggest me the way by which I can loose my weight.
Food and the beverages you consume affects weight and blood glucose in ways that you are not even aware of.
Although diet soft drinks can be a good low-sugar alternative to regular soft drink , the amount you consume could be hurting you just as much as drinking full-sugar soda.
Diet Soft drink and Heart Disease
Consuming diet soft drink on regular basis could put you at a higher risk of developing Heart disease , stroke, High Blood pressure
Although diet soft drink may not contain sugar, it does contain sodium, phosphate, and caffeine, which can also be harmful for a diabetic person.
High phosphate levels can have a negative effect on your bone mineral content and makes them weak and fragile.
Sodium and caffeine can cause high blood pressure amd dehydration, making you more thirsty, and could start you on a vicious cycle with diet soda.
Diet Soft drink and Weight Gain
1.They increases the desire and then consumption of “sugar-sweetened, energy-dense beverages/foods,” suggesting that the body reacts by craving more food.
2.Drinking these beverages may disrupt the ability to estimate how much food is actually needed.
TIPS TO BREAK YOUR DIET DRINK'S ADDICTION
Stopping this drinks suddenly can be difficult so taper it down slowly
2.Be prepared for the withdrawal
This will be for short time and your mental determination is very important.
3.Do not purchase such drinks from supermarket even though they are offering you very lucrative offer like Buy one get one free.
4.Speak to your family and friends about your decision and seek their help if needed.
5.When making this decision, make sure to pick the method that fits best with your personality.
6.Replace diet soda with a different beverage.Try switching to water. If plain water just doesn't work for you, try using flavored water packets or squeeze some lemon in your drink.
If you’re craving the bubbly feeling of soda, try substituting your diet drink with mineral water, which can give you the feeling that you’re drinking something more.
If you’re drinking diet soda for the caffeine, you may have to prepare yourself for the headaches that will follow when you stop drinking soda.
7.Taking aspirin or ibuprofen will help to calm those headaches, and going to bed early can also help.
Hi, I am 24 woman. My periods are irregular from last almost 2 years. It was regularly stating from last 6 months and again its late in this month. Does having sex nearby dates delays periods? it was with protection. So I do not think there is any chances of pregnancy. Please advice.
My girlfriend is not having periods. We had intercourse on 3rd april and her periods date was 5th april. She did the urine test twice on 4th and 7th and beta hcg test on 7th. All the tests have shown negative result. On 7th she had a mark but aftr that no sign of periods. We had unprotected sex (ejaculated outside). Please suggest what should she do and is there any way of finding out if she is pregnant or not as we are very much tensed. Can she take primolut N?
My vagina is suffering from dryness during sex so what can. I do for that to reduce dryness from my vagina during sex.
I am scared ,i am married every month I miss my date ,after 8_10 day my date is come, so I gain lot of weight, when my date is come pain in my breast so please help me what can I do for this.
I'm breastfeed my 14 months old baby but I am losing weight gradually every month I am loosing 1-2 kg. Is it normal or there is any health issues.
I have thyroid and I am taking thyronorm 75 mcg current thyroid is 2.270. I am getting my periods 56 days. Now light spotting from 2 days. Hpt is negative. Is there a chance of pregnancy.
I am 27 year old. I usually get periods only for 2 days every month. But I get them in time. Why it is so can you please suggest.
During pregnancy you should consume extra protein and calcium to meet the needs of the growing fetus.