Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Anil GharYour feedback matters!
What is the normal range, maximum range and ideal range of diastolic and also diastolic blood pressure?
My maternal uncle is suffering from dilated cardiomyopathy. His lv has enlarged to 7.4 what should I do?
I am 42 yrs old. My recent lipid profile test are as follows- total cholestrol-203, hdl cholestrol direct-35, triglycerides-255, tc/hdl cholestrol ratio-5. 9, vldl cholestrol-51 and lipoprotein-89. 3 and 25-oh vitamin d(total) 9. 59 and blood element analysis profile hematocrit(pvc)39. 48, mcv-106. 5, mchc-27, rdw-sd -64. 7, rdw-cv-16. 3, pdw-19. 29, mpv-13. 3, platelet count-120. What disease I am suffering from? and what should I do? please help. There is no good doctor in my locality. I am also suffering from back pain and e. D. Please suggest
How to check my blood pressure is normally or high but not available blood pressure machine please tell me. Thanks.
Ayurveda emphasis that a disciplined diet and exercise plan can help lower ldl and improve hdl.
Here are a few time tested strategies that you may adopt to bring total cholesterol lower and keep it that way
1. Walking 2 miles in 30 minutes 3 times a week constitutes a moderate level of aerobic exercise. That may be enough to raise your hdl cholesterol by 1 to 3 points (higher is better) and lower your ldl cholesterol (lower is better).
If you can't get in a 30-minute block of exercise all at once, do a few minutes of exercise here and there throughout the day (climb the stairs at work, walk around the block on your lunch break, park and walk). Researchers have demonstrated that exercise even without weight loss can have a positive impact on improving cholesterol levels. It is the amount of activity, and not necessarily any changes in fitness or intensity of exercise that is important for cholesterol improvement and decreasing the risk factors for heart disease and stroke.
2. Do deep breathing exercise for 10 min daily. It helps refresh your system and is an effective distress technique too.
3. Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily
4. Quit smoking. Smoking lowers hdl cholesterol levels and increases the tendency for blood to clot
5. Avoid alcohol.
6. Start your day with fresh fruits and high soluble fibre grain such as oats
7. Eat plenty of vegetables, esp green leafy vegetables, fruits and whole pulses. Certain foods really do have health benefits for controlling cholesterol and overall heart health beyond providing basic nutrition.
Fish or fish oil
Green leafy vegetables
Oranges or orange juice
Fiber oats/oat bran/oatmeal
8 take enough good fat in food, don't avoid fat. Sesame oil, olive oil, rape seed oil are healthy.
9. Garlic- one or two cloves before your breakfast is beneficial in boosting hdl
Turmeric and curry leaves can be used as spices in various foods.
Isabgol (psyllium husk) at bedtime is also beneficial in boosting hdl
10. Arjuna, guggulu can be added as medication on ayurvedic physician advice
The ncep national cholesterol education program has recommended a therapeutic lifestyle-change diet, which should be incorporated in the treatment of all patients. The following are recommendations:
Patients should reduce their intake of saturated fats to less than 7% of their total calorie (energy) intake. Their cholesterol intake should be reduced to less than 200 mg/d. Trans fatty acids (the hdl-lowering, ldl-raising fats) should be kept to a minimum. Polyunsaturated fats should constitute up to 10% of total energy intake, and monounsaturated fats, up to 20% of total energy intake. Total fat intake, therefore, should be in the range of 25-35% of total energy intake.
Carbohydrates (complex carbohydrates from grains, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables) should constitute 50-60% of total energy intake.
Patients should consume 20-30 g/d of fiber.
The protein content should be approximately 15% of total energy intake.
In order to maintain a desirable body weight and to prevent weight gain, the total amount of energy consumed must be balanced in terms of energy intake and expenditure.
My father is taking tab. aspirin 75 MG.+ atorvastatin 20 MG. Since 1 year Kindly tell the more serious side effects of this drug. This drug was started due to some heart problem.
I fell chest pain when I talk .i have checked upby stress echo but doctor report all value normal .give advise.
Last night my dad had chest burning sensation And was feeling uneasy So took him to near by clinic there they gave some injection and some tab named pan 40mg But they admitted him for a day but he still he was feeling the burning sensation n pain in middle chest n later in the night they suggested for another hospital When we went there they injected through ivf ecosprin pan 40 storvas n they said it is attack so it is an emergency have to go for injection which will cost 40 k then later on Will go for angioplasty But dad was very normal after those injection What should I do now?
I do workout take protein shake I am feeling breathing problem and I checked my bp it's like 150/90. What should I do?
What are symptoms of heart problem ?what is suggestive right diet for CA doing office mental work for 12 hours a day?
My father age 71 yrs. BP altered that Rt aram BP 170/90 mmhg but lt aram 110/80mmhg in same time so what this problem?
I have high blood pressure since Dec 2013. The initial reading was 140/100. I am on medication since them. Currently I am taking Telmisartan 20 mg. How can I lower my blood pressure level and leave medicine.
I have pan in chest sometime that can't be absorable. After some time that will normal. Please tell me what is the reason?
• Lifestyle interventions have effects similar to single drug therapy.
• Combinations of two (or more) lifestyle modifications can achieve even better results.
• Maintain normal body weight. A reduction of 5–20 mmHg of BP can be achieved for every 10 kg weight loss.
• Consume a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and low fat dairy products with a reduced content of saturated and total fat. It can reduce a blood pressure of 8–14 mmHg.
• Reduce dietary sodium intake to no more than 100 mmol per day (2.4 g sodium or 6 g sodium chloride). It can alone reduce blood pressure by 2–8 mmHg.
• Do regular aerobic physical activity such as brisk walking (at least 30 min per day, most days of the week). It can alone reduce blood pressure by 4–9 mmHg.
• Limit consumption of alcohol to no more than 2 drinks (1 oz or 30 mL ethanol; e.g., 24 oz beer, 10 oz wine, or 3 oz 80–proof whiskey) per day in most men and to no more than 1 drink per day in women and lighter weight persons. It can alone reduce blood pressure by 2–4 mmHg.
Life style changes including exercise versus angioplasty- stenting, events like heart attack,stroke and death were less in patients treated with life style changes and more in patients treated with angioplasty-stenting.