Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anil Bradoo
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Anil BradooYour feedback matters!
Diabetes is a disorder that is characterized by an inability of the pancreas to produce enough insulin or effectively utilize the insulin produced by the body. Insulin is the hormone that is produced by the pancreas to metabolize sugar in the body, the sugar that is present in the food that you consume.
Diabetes is commonly classified into two types: Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
In Type 1 diabetes, the cells in the pancreas do not produce insulin in the required amounts; this disorder usually tends to occur in children. Type 2 diabetes generally occurs in people who are above 40 years of age; this type is characterized by an inability of the body to efficiently utilize the insulin produced by the pancreas.
How can diabetes affect your kidneys?
Too much glucose, also called sugar, in your blood from diabetes damages your kidneys’ filters. If the filters are damaged, a protein called albumin, which you need to stay healthy, leaks out of your blood and into your urine. Damaged kidneys do not do a good job of filtering wastes and extra fluid from your blood. The wastes and extra fluid build up in your blood and make you sick.
Diabetes is a leading cause of kidney disease. Diabetic kidney disease is the medical term for kidney disease caused by diabetes. Diabetic kidney disease affects both kidneys at the same time.
Signs of Kidney Disease in Patients with Diabetes
- Albumin/protein in the urine
- High blood pressure
- Ankle and leg swelling, leg cramps
- Going to the bathroom more often at night
- High levels of BUN and creatinine in blood
- Less need for insulin or antidiabetic medications
- Morning sickness, nausea and vomiting
- Weakness, paleness and anemia
What are the possible complications?
- End-stage kidney failure: If this occurs then you would need kidney dialysis or a kidney transplant.
- Cardiovascular diseases: Diabetics have an increased risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, such as heart disease, stroke and peripheral arterial disease. If you have diabetes and diabetic kidney disease, your risk of developing cardiovascular diseases is increased further.
- High blood pressure: Kidney disease has a tendency to increase blood pressure. In addition, increased blood pressure has a tendency to make kidney disease worse. Treatment of high blood pressure is one of the main treatments of diabetic kidney disease.
What to do?
- It is essential to get your urine checked at least once every year to detect signs of kidney damage.
- Some other symptoms that you may experience are swelling in the ankles, weight gain and a rise in your blood pressure.
- The first step to treat kidney damage caused by diabetes is to get your blood sugar levels under control.
- You should also avoid consuming medications that can cause damage to the kidneys.
- A kidney transplant or dialysis may be advised if the damage to kidneys is significant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.
When I masturbate. Usually nothing is wrong, but sometimes after I masturbate, a few minutes later I have to urinate. And when I do, it is usually very painful. The feeling doesn't pass either. My scrotum usually gets tightened up, and there is painful feeling above my crotch. Usually I just sit there, drink some water and I have to urinate (if I can'nt) and very little amount of urine is come for 25-40 min. Until the feeling goes away. ANY idea what this is?
Some time my anal side slightly pain and swelling very pain when sitting long time on chair particularly office sitting.
I am 62 years old. C. T. Scan report as follows: Splenomegaly. Cortical cyst with punctuate wall calcification in upper pole of right kidney-bosniak type II cyst. Bosniak type I cyst in both kidneys. Right renal calculus. No radi dense ureteric calculus/hydroureteronephrosis on either side. Multiple small calcific as well as non calcific meserteric nodes in right lumbar and illac fossa region.
Hi. I have already undergone a ureteroscopy for removal of my stone of 11mn stuck in the left mid ureter a month back. A stent was placed post the operation. Which was a removed a week back. Since last week I was again experiencing a pain in my right side for which I did a fresh sonography. The report showed a 11mn kidney stone in the middle pole of right kidney and to my surprise a 10 mm stone in the left u.v junction. I was shocked to get a stone again in the left u.v junction as I had just done an operation on the left side. I repeated the sonography today which showed the same results. What is the best treatment to cure the stones? Will it require an operation again?
Dear doctor, whenever I pass urine, some drops stay inside and come out after I am done and dressed up. I kept feeling it but can do nothing. Is this a serious problem? what is the solution?
I have creatinine level 1.5 Please suggest which pulses to eat? What do you suggest about green lentils and arhar daal and dalia? Please reply.
I am a 71 year old man, healthy, active and strong. When having sex with wife, I prolong to make her reach her climax as she has circumcised her clitoris and labia minor. It takes time. But in the bargain, my corona becomes numb PERHAPS and do not reach climax, in the end! Please tell me whether it could be from Prostate, or else?
38 years old woman ckd patient needs to know what is best diet for her. Whether almond are good? Can you please provide diet chart.
I am 72 years.I have to pass urine on an interval of 3 hours especially at night which is an hindrance to sound sleep.How can I rectify this? Kindly advise.
My anus burn after every time I poop. Can you tell any medication for it? It is quite uncomfortable and started after I had loose motion. Is there anything serious?
The details are provided for my mother. She is a kidney patient and her dialysis is going on. Her sodium level has reached to 126. What should be done to bring it to the normal level. Also. Is it life threatening? In last dialysis she was not able to breathe for sometime and they people have her oxygen then she was able to recover. Please advise.
I am 22 yr old male. I observe that my urine is darker and the odor of it is even bad. I am suffering with this from a couple of months. How to get rid of it? Does this happen due to malfunctioning of any organ?
I think I have developed an anal fissure because there is blood coming out while passing stool. Though its not paining but I need your kind advice how to treat it. May prescribe an ointment which is best.
When I go urine at the time blood is coming with urine at the time pain is very high what we can for that.
The prostate is a vital organ that located between the penis and the bladder. The prostate is involved in the release of the prostate fluid that keeps the sperm properly nourished. Prostate cancer, as the term indicates, is characterized by the abnormal and uncontrolled growth of cancerous cells in the prostate. Though the incidences of prostate cancer are low in India, necessary precautions and diagnostic steps should be carried out to prevent the condition from jeopardizing our lives.
Prostate screening includes two tests known as the Digital Rectal Exam (DRE) and Prostate-Specific Antigen test (PSA). PSA combined with DRE helps to identify prostate cancer at a very early stage. If any of the tests show an abnormality, a doctor might prescribe an ultrasound such as MRI Fusion or Prostate Biopsy to confirm the diagnosis.
- Immediate treatment may not be necessary
- For low-risk prostate cancer, doctors often recommend active surveillance that includes periodic blood tests, rectal exam, and biopsies.
- Active surveillance helps a doctor to continuously track the growth of cancer cells and the possibility of their spread to other areas of the body.
- Surveillance is fit for those who are already suffering from a serious condition or for those patients who are above the age of 60.
- A surgical procedure to remove prostate cancer
- Surgery is considered when the cancer has metastasized to surrounding tissue and the lymph nodes. There are two kinds of surgeries that a patient can go through- a Robot-Assisted surgery and a Retropubic surgery.
- Radical Prostatectomy might have risks involved. It is, therefore, wise to discuss the pros and cons of the surgery with the doctor well in advance.
Understanding the treatment options
- Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy involves the use of high-powered and high-frequency energy beams to kill cancer cells. Radiation therapy is often used to shrink the size of the cancer cells. There could be two types of radiation therapy-Brachytherapy and External beam radiation. Radiation therapy too can have its side effects. Doctors prescribe several medicines during therapy.
- Hormone therapy: Hormone therapy helps to stop the production of a male hormone known as testosterone. This treatment option includes medication that completely stops the production of testosterone, the medications may also block the flow of testosterone on the cancer cells, and surgery to remove the testicles. Hormone therapy is used in advanced cancer stages.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is a drug that goes into the body and kills rapidly growing and metastasizing cancer cells. It is administered through IV (intravenous), or orally as pill or both. This treatment option is employed when cancer spreads to a remote body location and does not respond to hormone therapy.
- Biological therapy: Biological therapy involves the usage of the body’s immune system to fight cancer. A type of biological therapy known as the sipuleucel-t is used to treat patients with advanced cancer stage and recurring cancer as well. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!