Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Angha LaliwalaYour feedback matters!
I am 31 yrs, 8 months pregnant. I hav a boil near my vagina lips. I find it difficult to sit down. Please guide me what are the remedies for it. Is it common during pregnancy? Will it go away on its own?
It is a delicious snack which usually we eat while watching movies or as an evening snacks. The benefits of pop corn is -
1. Regulates blood sugar. Patients suffering from diabetes can have it if made in proper way.
2. Weight reduction as it is sugar free, fat free and low in calories.
3. Enrich in proteins than chips, waffers.
4. Lower cholesterol levels.
5. Prevents premature ageing.
6. Prevents from various other diseases like cancer, tumor, diabetes.
7. Improves digestive system and prevent constipation.
Normally people eat peanuts in winters as it is tasty, nutritious and a good time pass. The benefits of pea nuts are -
1. Improves memory as it contains vitamin b3 or niacin which boosts memory.
2. Lower risk of weight gain.
3. Prevents hair fall/loss.
4. Lower the risk of allergic diseases.
5. Prevent from many other diseases like - cancer, diabetes, heart, depression etc.
6. Aids in blood sugar regulation
7. Peanuts lower the risk of getting gallblader stone.
Jaggery peanut brittle:
Its is healthy, tasty, crispy snacks that is easly available in any season especially winters. It has several benefits:
1. It contains good amount of proteins, minerals, vitamins, and act as an antioxidant.
2. Does not affect sugar level. A diabetic patient can have jaggery peanut brittle.
3. It helps lower ldl and increase hdl level in the blood.
4. Purifies the blood by releasing all toxins from the body.
5. Good for skin. Prevents from any skin problems/allergies.
6. Rich source of calcim, magnesium, copper etc.
7. Prevent from life threatening diseases like stroke, cancers, degenerative diseases, coronary diseases, infectious diseases etc.
So guys celebrate and enjoy lohri festival and be healthy. Happy lohri:)
Sir after sex I'm completely discharged in my wife but when she is wake up in the morning she has white water in her vagina there is problem to get pregnant or not?
Sir my wife completed one year of pregnancy. Usse stomach pain, back pain, chakkar sana, vomiting hona hora hai. Kya yeh normal hai ?
I don't get to climax during sex with my partner. While he ended up with proper satisfaction. It's been 9 months to our marriage. Guide me.
In winters especially in north india one must take care of skin health due to excessive chills.
Apply vaseline or nariyal oil over exposed skin and especially ears, face, palm, feet etc.
Der Doc, I got married three years passed but no baby loosing interest in intercourse. Please suggest me good medicine to get more power when I intercourse with my wife, please help me DOC. Regards
1. Cancer-fighting properties
Walnuts may help reduce not only the risk of prostate cancer, but breast cancer as well. In one study, mice that ate the human equivalent of 2.4 ounces of whole walnuts for 18 weeks had significantly smaller and slower-growing prostate tumors compared to the control group that consumed the same amount of fat but from other sources.
Overall the whole walnut diet reduced prostate cancer growth by 30 to 40 percent. According to another study on mice, the human equivalent of just two handfuls of walnuts a day cut breast cancer risk in half, and slowed tumor growth by 50 percent as well. 1
2. Heart health
Walnuts contain the amino acid l-arginine, which offers multiple vascular benefits to people with heart disease, or those who have increased risk for heart disease due to multiple cardiac risk factors.
If you struggle with herpes, you may want to avoid or limit walnuts, as high levels of arginine can deplete the amino acid lysine, which can trigger herpes recurrences.
Walnuts also contain the plant-based omega-3 fat alpha-linolenic acid (ala), which is anti-inflammatory and may prevent the formation of pathological blood clots. Research shows that people who eat a diet high in ala are less likely to have a fatal heart attack and have a nearly 50 percent lower risk of sudden cardiac death. 2
Eating just four walnuts a day has been shown to significantly raise blood levels of heart-healthy ala, 3 and walnut consumption supports healthful cholesterol levels.
Separate research showed that eating just one ounce of walnuts a day may decrease cardiovascular risk, 4 and among those at high cardiovascular risk, increased frequency of nut consumption significantly lowers the risk of death. 5
3. Rare and powerful antioxidants
Antioxidants are crucial to your health, as they are believed to help control how fast you age by combating free radicals, which are at the heart of age-related deterioration.
Walnuts contain several unique and powerful antioxidants that are available in only a few commonly eaten foods. This includes the quinone juglone, the tannin tellimagrandin, and the flavonol morin. 6
Walnuts contain antioxidants that are so powerful at free-radical scavenging that researchers called them" remarkable" 7 and research has shown that walnut polyphenols may help prevent chemically-induced liver damage. 8
In another study, researchers found that nuts, especially walnuts, have potent antioxidant powers. Walnut polyphenols had the best efficacy among the nuts tested and also the highest lipoprotein-bound antioxidant activity. The researchers concluded: 9
"Nuts are high in polyphenol antioxidants which by binding to lipoproteins would inhibit oxidative processes that lead to atherosclerosis in vivo. In human supplementation studies nuts have been shown to improve the lipid profile, increase endothelial function and reduce inflammation, all without causing weight gain"
4. Weight control
Adding healthful amounts of nuts such as walnuts to your diet can help you to maintain your ideal weight over time. In one review of 31 trials, those whose diets included extra nuts or nuts substituted for other foods lost about 1.4 extra pounds and half an inch from their waists. 10 eating walnuts is also associated with increased satiety after just three days. 11
5. Improved reproductive health in men
One of the lesser-known benefits of walnuts is their impact on male fertility. Among men who consume a western-style diet, adding 75 grams (a bit over one-half cup) of walnuts daily significantly improved sperm quality, including vitality, motility, and morphology. 12
6. Brain health
Walnuts contain a number of neuroprotective compounds, including vitamin e, folate, melatonin, omega-3 fats, and antioxidants. Research shows walnut consumption may support brain health, including increasing inferential reasoning in young adults. 13
One study also found that consuming high-antioxidant foods like walnuts" can decrease the enhanced vulnerability to oxidative stress that occurs in aging" increase health span" and also" enhance cognitive and motor function in aging" 14
The beneficial dietary fat in walnuts has been shown to improve metabolic parameters in people with type 2 diabetes. Overweight adults with type 2 diabetes who ate one-quarter cup of walnuts daily had significant reductions in fasting insulin levels compared to those who did not, and the benefit was achieved in the first three months.
After delivery I did not get periods still, it's 11 months running is it normal or not, my baby is still having milk. Sir can you please help me.
Hi, actually I want to ask that, is there any problem while having sex with partner at the time of periods. Any disadvantages is there to have sex. And what is the advantages of having sex at the time of non-periods, ie.when periods is over. Kindly explain plzzz.
I have irregular periods and I have sex with my boyfriend he ejaculated for 2 mins and sperm comes out of my begins it didn't enter in my vagina I have taken ipill within 10 hrs and after 6 days I have bleeding like periods but painless. I am two month late for my periods I have done pregnancy test 4 time and all came negative now there is white discharge from vagina. Am I pregnant? Is this kind of discharge normal? please help me.
I have unprotected sex for last month and I suffer from all pregnancy symptoms my period were also late. But period occur with heavy bleeding 4 days late. And 2nd day of period there is no bleeding. What is the reason?
I am 2 weeks pregnant and it is going good. But last two days started feeling acute acidity followed by contraction with pain. Kindly suggest.
Is there any ayurvedic medicine to get strong pregnancy, my wife and me are in good heath condition. Please advise.
Hello sir, I am a 25 years old female. Last month on 15th april I had a still birth through normal delivery at 32 weeks. The baby suffered severe asymmetric iugr. I had absent flows in umbical cord and oligohydramnios. I want to know if my next pregnancy will be safe and how soon can I plan my next pregnancy.
Today most of the women are suffering from chronic diseases. In the extremely busy life of today, women try to solve their issues by taking medicines themselves which provides temporary relief but does not cure it.
Homeopathy is a branch of medicine which successfully treats and cures the complicated issues that women face with their health and body. Some of the major diseases of women that can be treated by homeopathic medicines are:
Vaginal Yeast Infection
The condition is also known as candidiasis. It is caused due to the overgrowth of the fungus candida which is present in the vagina.
Pain, burning sensation and soreness
Swelling and redness of the vulva
Vaginal discharge of white color
Homeopathic Medicines for Vaginal Yeast Infection
Some of the common medicines for treating it are Graphites, Helonias, Lycopodium, Natrum Muriaticum, Pulsatilla, Sepia, Thuja, Staphysagria, Candida albicans.
It is the most common symptom of menopause. They are caused by the hormone fluctuations in women during menopause.
Sudden warm feeling on face, neck and chest areas
Irregular heartbeat or rapid heart beat
Homeopathic Medicines for Hot Flashes
Some of the common medicines are Amylium Nitrosum, Belladonna, Glononium, Folliculinum, Lachesis, Sepia and Sanguinaria Canadensis.
PMS or Premenstrual Syndrome-
It is a group of emotional and physical symptoms which is related to the menstrual cycle of a woman.
Changes in appetites which include craving for certain foods
Feeling irritated, tired, tensed and anxious
Swollen feet or hands
Swollen and tender breasts
Disinterest in sex
Wanting to be alone
Homeopathic Medicines For Treating PMS
Some of the common homeopathic medicines for treating the condition are Lachesis, Folliculinum, Pulsatilla, Lac Caninum, Natrum Muraticum and Sepia.
All the homeopathic medicines that are mentioned above should always be taken after proper consultation with the homeopathic doctors.
Lumps are usually harmless and do not raise serious concerns. However, if the lump persists for more than two weeks, it may be a serious issue. Lumps are categorized based on their place of occurrence and each of them demand separate treatment. Learn the signs of danger related to lumps and take action accordingly.
Reason behind formation of Lumps
Injury is one of the major causes behind lumps. If the lump is painful, one must consult a doctor immediately. There can be various other causes behind lumps, which depend upon its place of occurrence.
- Epidermoid and pilar cysts (sebaceous cysts) appear as small smooth lumps under the surface of one’s skin. Such cysts are non-cancerous, hence, can be treated easily.
- Swollen lymph glands generally occur in neck or in groin or under the armpit. Usually, any infection results in swollen lymph glands. However, in certain cases it may be caused by cancer.
- Skin abscess is a term given to collection of pus. e.g. boils. Symptoms of skin abscess consist of redness and swelling.
- Style or Chalazion causes swelling on the eyelids.
- Lump in the salivary glands happens due to mumps
- Swelling in the thyroid glands may cause lump in the neck region. This lump may encompass the entire third gland or a part of it.
- Breast lumps occur in both men and women. Generally, they do not indicate breast cancer. Any abnormal swelling in the breast must be immediately shown to the doctor.
- Hernia or enlarged lymph gland may result in a lump in the groin.
- If a person experiences swelling in the scrotum, he must immediately consult a doctor.
- Lump in the anus can be caused due to piles. The small vessels engulfing the anus may get swelled piling up more blood than usual. Other than a pile, abscess could also be the reason behind lump.
- Lump on the hand, wrist, finger may occur due to ganglion. Such cysts may develop around joints or tendons.
Signs which indicate you must get your lump checked by a doctor
- If the lump gets hard or firm
- If the lump gets sore
- If the lump gets enlarged
- If the lump doesn’t vanish within few days
- If your body temperature rises more than normal
- If you experience abnormal loss in weight
- If you experience any such abnormalities
- If the lump reappears post removal
If any of the above sign occurs, it is better to consult a doctor and get your lump checked. In most cases, lumps are harmless and non-cancerous. But it is better to take precaution.
For any specific problem or for any further discussion, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.