Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anandi Kumar
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anandi KumarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from cough and cold during 7 days but till now no relaxation and it increases sharply so please suggest me syrup and also a antibiotic medicine.
Mujhe saans ki preshani h. M jb bhi kuch heavy uthata hu to meri saa. Se phool jati h. Or dust se bhi mujhe dikkat hoti hai. Plzz kuch btaiye koi consult?
What are symptoms seen in angina pectoris, which are the drugs used to treat angina pectoris, what are the side effects of that drugs, we want to take any precautions for it?
The inflammatory condition of your sinuses (marked by inflammation of your nasal cavities) caused due to viral, bacterial or fungal infection; any autoimmune disorders or allergic reaction is known as sinusitis. This condition is also referred to as 'rhinosinusitis' as nose inflammation occurs. Sinusitis can be either acute, sub-acute or chronic in nature. Acute sinusitis is generally caused due to the common cold and lasts not more than four weeks. Sub-acute sinusitis is more prolonged in nature and lasts for about eight weeks. Chronic sinusitis is more severe in nature and can last for up to twelve weeks or even more.
The most common symptoms of sinusitis are as follows:
- Severe headaches
- Nose blockage
- Release of yellowish green fluids from your nose.
- Difficulty in breathing
- Painful sensation in your eyes, ears and forehead.
- Post nasal discharge
- Frequent cough
- A sore throat
- Body fatigue
- Neck stiffness
- Tastelessness and anosmia (loss of smell)
The treatment methods available for sinusitis are as follows:
- Intake of painkillers like paracetamol can give you temporary relief from your aches. But consuming too much of these can cause side effects such as loss of appetite and drowsiness.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking about 2 to 3 liters of water every day and take proper rest.
- Steam inhalation can give you relief from nasal congestion.
- Using nasal sprays like Oxymetazoline can also give you temporary relief.
- Your doctor may advise you antibiotics like Amoxicillin in your sinusitis is chronic in nature.
- Immunotherapy helps to treat sinusitis if your sinusitis is caused due to allergic reactions.
- Your doctor may also recommend an endoscopic surgery of the sinus if your condition is found to be very severe. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.