Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anand ShetyeYour feedback matters!
Hii. He is 20 years old. He is having mouth ulcers and sore throat. And after every 15 days he is having this same problem. What can be the reason? What medicines should he take?
M 25 years old and my tongue is infection like sore and thrush. How to cure from this infection. Please tell me medicine.
Hello doctor I am a studentand i am 18 years old Actually i have little unorganised front row teeth and i want them to be little inside.What can be done?
I am 16 years old and from birth I have gap in between my upper front teeth and its growing with age. How to fix this problem?
My daughter is 10 years old, about few months back I got her rcd done. As per my last visit to our doctor he suggested to redo the rcd for permanent one. We did same. Now few days back my daughter complain of pain. When I check I found the root canal filling was not there & I can see the black spot (bare hollow root. Kindly suggest what to do now. And any other treatment for same.
It is very important to keep the mouth free from plaque.
Hello doctor I am 38 year old man I have teeth cavity problem last one year what should I do please tell me doctor.
From my gem blood is coming and I can't able to chew hard things. Even my teeth are not well arranged. Please let me know what to do.
Hi 4-5 dinse Mouth me chaale ho gaye hai uske liye kripaya upay bataye. Or tikha khanekeliye bilkul bhi nahi ho raha hai please reply.
Dental implants are generally identified as substitutes for tooth roots. Besides, replacing damaged or decayed teeth, implants also provide a strong foundation for both permanent as well as removable replacement teeth.
There are loads of advantages of dental implants:
- Better overall appearance of teeth, since they are made to fuse with the bone
- Unlike removable dentures, implants are much more comforting as well as convenient
- Higher self-esteem as you will feel better about yourself
- Improved speech quality in the long run
- Eating becomes comparatively easier with implants rather than sliding dentures, because they function like your own teeth
- Improved oral health
- Good durability (can even last a lifetime if taken good care of)
Generally, dental implants have a very impressive success rate (up to 98%). This can differ, however, based on the placement of the implants.
Who can go for dental implants?
- Patients must have healthy gums
- Must have sufficient bone strength to hold the implants in place
- Must be dedicated to maintaining good oral hygiene
- Must visit dentist regularly
There are many steps involved in getting an implant:
- An individualized treatment plan, addressing all your specific needs and prepared by a team of professionals, well versed in oral surgery and restorative dentistry
- Placement of the tooth root implant into the bone socket of the missing tooth
- Attachment of a small connector post known as an abutment, which securely keeps the new tooth intact
- Attachment of a crown (the replacement tooth) to the abutment
The operation is normally administered under a local anesthesia. The whole process is not harmful at all, to say the least, and people have reported that a normal tooth extraction cause much more pain than a dental implant operation.
Related Tip: "Why You Must Not Delay Getting Your Dental Implants?"