Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anand Raut
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Anand RautYour feedback matters!
Very nicely checking process and handled patient
I have blurred vision in my Right eye from my child hood, With power of minus 15. My Left is Minus 6. I can see & read any thing clear when the object brought 3 cm closer to my eye. Now cataract is fully developed in my RH eye, but still I can read 3 cm closer to my eye. After cataract surgery with power correction to minus 15 lenses. Will I get my vision back.
I have red eyes for 3days what I have to do to decrease that and I had a small mark in the left of my eye from couple of days and I am getting the Head heak I think for that above mentioned reason I getting the Head heak how can I control this.
I used to live alone. I went through depression during this period.. This period of my life get stuck in my head. I do not know what it is? I am so used to live in depression that every single minutes of my life is giving me a very hard day. I wanna live calm and peaceful life like others do. My face reflects that how depressed I am. I usually afraid to make eye contact with others during conversation because I have a huge dark circles around my eyes. Please help me out.
Hii. I am female ,23 years old and suffering from eye problem (swell up under eye ) last 2 years . I used many under eye cream , medicine but have not got relief .
I am a 17 year old female I wanted to reduce my eye sight I am using spectacles since 5 years and its going on increasing so how to reduce my eye sight. So please suggest me the best tips and remedies to reduce my eye sight.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.