Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Anand Pundlik PatkarYour feedback matters!
My brother is 34 year he consume alcohol more than 10 years I want to help him to get rid of alcohol without telling him I read somewhere that if I if I give him medicine made from kuduz root than he stop drinking habit so please tell me ingredient and quantity to make medicine from kuduz root.
I am a 3rd year engineering student staying in pune and I am feeling something like depression or homesick or do not know .plzz help.
Hello, I am 18year old female. Whenever I do self study or try to remember things, I can't remember for long time. I feel very nervous about the exam and then things becomes more harder to learn. What should I do to avoid these stressful things so that I can remember things for longer period of time and give my exam confidently in future.
Having children is a challenging and full time job. Whether you have one child or four of them, the mental and emotional implications of raising a child will always be tremendous. This is mainly due to the fact that children have a way of becoming your greatest challenge. They are a life altering addition to your home and life and you would do well to understand this as you evolve as a parent, rather than letting it hinder the other quarters of your life.
Read on to know the surprising ways in which kids can affect your relationship, and what you can do about it!
- Sharing Responsibilities: While marriage or cohabiting may change the way you look at the person you dated, having a child with that partner completely changes the logistics in the relationship. This is because the unsaid rule of responsibility comes into the picture. While both parents are equally responsible for the child, a delicate rhythm and routine tends to fall into place. Yet, the setting of this very routine can take the mickey out of the most compatible couples when it comes to figuring out expectations and the unsaid pressure. For example, as per medical studies, it has been proven that fathers tend to have a less active role when the couple is raising a daughter. So, in case you are facing a laid back partner, you may want to discuss sharing responsibilities that would have little to do with gender centric roles.
- Full Time Job: Your relationship with your partner and spouse is one of the things that will get heavily impacted by the addition of a child or children to your equation. This is because raising a child is a full time job that requires the commitment of two people who are unique and were drawn to each other for certain reasons that may seem very different when a third individual is in the equation, especially one who requires full time care and raising. Here, you can remember to show your emotions in a less judgmental manner and discuss things on a regular basis to avoid strife.
- Career: While most women go through the pain of labour and delivery, men may go through the guilt of tying down a woman who might have been career oriented. In such cases, it is best to talk about getting back to a career and the support that the father can render, beforehand.
There are a number of ways in which child rearing affects individual households. So, it is best to go in for counselling in case things get too difficult to handle.
I had pimples on my face. Now, none left, but there some spots and some depressions left. How can I completely remove them and get a much fairer tone?
I just want to know depression can force to a patient to go in mental condition? Sometimes I am feeling very lonely don't want to talk with anybody. Suicide thinking are also came into my mind in several time. What should I do in such timing please suggest me.
I am having pain on my back side of my head whenever it pains within 2 days my symptoms are I get angry very fast and I feel weakness.
His all. I am 27 years old and get easily distracted when see a girl and think. Of making physical relationship. Moreover some times get upset since I don't have girl friend. I am. Also a patient of anxiety so. Should I change my thoughts process to avoid the girls. But simultaneously enjoyed when staring the girl. But when girls are. Huge in no. And not able to talk to them I. Get upset. Please advise.
From past 4 months i am facing panic disorder problem last month i am consultant psychiatrist he gave me some medicine for 10 days 1. Lonazep 1mg and nexito 10 and ealbeta la 20 i am using them for 10 days really i am feeling good that time but after completing medicine next day the problem is back and same anxiety please help me what I do please help me and I take alcohol daily please help me.
Hello sir, I am suffering from semen leakage problem. It leaks out when talking to gf without any stimulation n if I stop talking to gf then even it leaks out in very small amount unconsciously. I can notice it because it has great mental effect on me. I start feeling anxious n dull after this prob. How it can happen unconsciously while I am sitting in gurdwara? Can you explain me this? N why this prob occur to me n how much time it will take to completely get cured?
Hello I am a 26 year old female . Three years back I put on weight due to pressure of exams and stress .Previously I was 59 kgs and my height is 5" 5 . I recently weighed myself and I was shocked to see that I put on 20 kgs . Currently I weigh 80 kgs . M extremely concerned . My wedding is in december . Kindly suggest me what to do ? I wanna lose 20 kgs before december.
Dear sir, I am in a problem my girlfriend broke up the relationship with me and I am like a mad now what is the solution? Please advise.
I am hotel management, 3rd year student, I don't want to continue with the same industry, painting is my passion and I enjoyed that thing but my parents might not be agree about this, so my question is I should asked to my parents about my painting or not?
Do people really suffer from mood disorders?
Mood disorders are common psychological problems that affect a vast portion of the human populace all over the world every year. These occur when there is a shift or imbalance in a person's psyche which affects his or her daily function and interpersonal relations in varying degrees. Each individual is affected by these conditions in a different capacity and responds to them in a distinct manner.
Mood disorders generally manifest themselves as fluctuations in a person's temperament. It is triggered by various factors. These mental illnesses range from mild to severe, the latter requiring urgent psychological counseling and treatment. A mild condition may even develop into a painful and chronic one without any form of remedial intervention.
What are the most common types of mood disorders?
There are many distinctive categories of mood disorders that can affect a person. The most commonly occurring ones are as follows:
- major depressive disorder
- bipolar disorder
- seasonal affective disorder (sad)
Major depression is the most frequently occurring type of mood disorder. It causes mental and emotional turmoil, as well as physical anguish. Those affected by it may experience a single episode in isolation or multiple episodes over a period of time. The milder version of this condition is known as dysthymia.
Bipolar disorder is a comparatively rare condition that causes alternating states of extreme mania and depression. It is also known as manic-depressive illness. The mild version of this is called cyclothymia.
Seasonal affective disorder or sad is a depressive disorder that is known to affect those living in colder climes. It is caused generally by the lack of warmth and light, the onset of which begins in late autumn and lasts till the end of winter.
What causes a mood disorder?
Mood disorders are very difficult to diagnose as they can be caused by an assortment of triggers and the symptoms are not always apparent. This is particularly true in the case of dysthymia and cyclothymia.
Some of the usual factors that lead to mood disorders are:
- chronic stress and anxiety
- anomalies in the functioning of the nervous system
- prolonged periods of isolation
- childhood abuse and trauma
- ineffectual coping mechanisms
- insufficient nourishment/malnutrition
In most cases, a combination of multiple factors usually leads to the development of mood disorders and other mental illnesses.