Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anand Narla
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anand NarlaYour feedback matters!
Hello Friends, I am Dr Saurabh Gogri and I sit in Hindmatas Milestone Dental clinic. Here I have performed many dental procedures such as Root canal treatment, fillings, scaling, braces, implants, crowns and bridges and many other treatment.
Well the frequently asked questions by the patients is which toothpaste should I use? For that any Fluoridated Toothpaste can be used. Basically it contains 1bpm of fluoride, any toothpaste. It can be Pepsodant, Colgate, Oral-b, any toothpaste.
The second most frequently asked question asked is how painful will my treatment be? So actually speaking with the recent advances there is minimal or no pain in any dental procedure with the use of Anaesthesia post root canal and extraction. If there is mild pain that can be controlled with the help of pain killers.
The next question asked is that how may sitting will it take? Usually root canal treatment is known that it takes 2 to 3 sittings. Nowadays with recent advances techniques, we can complete a root canal in a single sitting which will be of maximum one hour.
Next question is why is the Dental treatment costly? Actually dental treatment is not costly . A dentist charges according to material he uses. He uses the best material so he charges a bit more. And also the experience matters. With experience the charges may increase. Thank you Friends.
For further information contact me on lybrate.com
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.