Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anand NaikYour feedback matters!
I have little son equal to 3 years old but sometime he is suffering from cough so he cant sleep easily because he cant take breath easily please give me best suggestion.
My daughter is 13 years of age & her B12 count is 205.4 pg/ml. Her hemoglobin count is 11.1 g/dl. Additionally she suffers from low B. P. 98 on the lower side. Kindly guide.
Sir I am 22 years boy, I have been suffering from severe hair fall and is looking embarrassing to me I'm not using any kind of oils and haven't used till now but it's becoming worse, I don't know what to do and I have been crying inside with this problem because I cannot afford so much of money for since I am graduated but currently no income. So kindly suggest me the most important remedies that stop hair fall and can give new hair growth. Please please please. I'm begging to every respected and honourable doctors and madams. I will definitely come to you on some day if I get best results. Please help me to live otherwise I will do something wrong I think. Please sir/madam.
HI, My baby is 3 months old, we have appointed 1 lady person for her daily males (exercise) of body, please confirm for how many months I have continue for goods development of her body.
5 Month old baby boy got only BCG vaccination till now due to some health issues. Now from last month baby is health, so what and when vaccination needs to be given?
My 1.3 year old baby has made weight fall on his both legs, orthopedicIan said there is no fracture and given imol syrup but he is not able to walk properly. What to do. By when he will walk properly.
Bottle Tooth Decay can happen if babies drink milk, formula, or juice out of bottles over long periods of time.
To avoid it:
Take the bottle away after your baby is done drinking.
Don't put your baby to bed with a bottle.
Dear Sir /Madam, My daughter is 5 months old. Last few days her foot (lower portion) and palms are turning red frequently for 15 to 20 minutes after which it is getting normal. We also noticed the same in her forehead. These things are happening most in the night before sleeping. Is anything serious in it? When consulted with doctor, he told that my daughter has low hemoglobin (12. 2 gm%) for which she is taking medicine now. Is it the reason for which she is getting this problem. Please clarify & suggest what need to be done. I'm very worried for my daughter's health.
My baby is 35 days old. Today circumcision was done. Nurse told me to give water for him. Till now I only breast feed. Is it necessary to feed water?
My sister delivered a girl child on 6th of September 2016 through vaginal delivery. But the baby did not cry at first but she cried after 5 minutes. She was breastfeeding normal but after some time she choked and had breathing problem. She was kept in NICU for two days and has not taken breast milk. Doctor said that baby did not get sufficient oxygen to brain at first so it may cause complication in future. We are worried. Help.
Hi my son is 4 years 6 mths he keeps falling sick every now and then of cold & cough. He don't not like to eat any vegetables. Again & again I have to take him to doctor. Pls advice.
She is of 9 months. So Is Akamu/ogi/pap can be prepared in home for 9 months baby who is having milk allergy? Any suggestion what to make in home?
Hello Dr. Meri daughter 9 months ki hai. Usko constipation ki problem hai shuru se hi. Abhi test karwaye tho usme hb - 7 or iron serum -2 hai. please Dr. Suggest kuch suggest kijiye usko food maine kya du or medicine konsi shuru karu.
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 4 benefits of breastfeeding:
1) Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
2) Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
3) Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
4) Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces.
Related Tip: Why is breastfeeding so good for your baby and you?
Sir 13 months boy has Non Functional Right kidney (MCD) found in DTPA Test, size rt kidney is 3.8*1.6 cm whereas Left Kidney is normal in size.
My son has very dark colour near neck area. Underarms and near thighs. He is overweight and 13 years old. Give some remedies for this.
ADHD refers to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is a brain-related condition found among preschoolers, children, teenagers and in many cases extends well into adulthood. These individuals have significant impairment in academics as well as social situations and interpersonal relations. The child has difficulty sustaining attention, phases of hyper activeness and cannot control his/her impulses which make their day to day life at school and home difficult.
The symptoms of this disorder among children can be categorized under three headings.
- Hyperactivity which includes
- Inability to stay at one place runs around and tries to climb things
- Trouble playing quietly
- Excessive talking
- Inattention, which can be divided into symptoms like
- Getting easily distracted
- Tendency to loose things
- Facing problems related to organizing things
- Not listening carefully
- Forgetting about daily activities, carelessness
- Interrupts others as they speak and talks out of turn
- Answers questions without listening to what has been asked
- Not being able to wait for their turn to come
10-12% of school children before puberty are affected by one or more types of ADHD. ADHD especially hyperactivity is more prevalent in boys than in girls, with the ratio up to 9:1. Inattention and poor concentration are more commonly seen amongst girls. The rate of ADHD in parents and sibling of children with ADHD is 5-10 times higher than in the general population.
The probable causes of ADHD among children are,
- Neurodevelopmental changes - Poorly developed activity of the brain particularly in the areas that control attention and concentration cause ADHD. This causes an imbalance in the neurotransmitters or the chemicals important for brain functioning and development.
- Genetic Factors - genetic studies show that ADHD is largely hereditary in nature with a heritability of 75% approximately.