Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anand Joshi
Submit a review for Dr. Anand JoshiYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor my brother got fever for about 8 days he was told to take flexon tablet but after taking this tablet he started getting mouth ulcer now he is not able to eat anything his throat is also burning and his lips are continuously bleeding and pus is also coming from his lips. What medicine should he can take?
When there is too much accumulation of fat cells in the liver, the healthy tissue gets replaced by the fat cells resulting in fatty liver. The liver colour changes to yellowish greasy one. More than half of liver related diseases are caused due to fatty liver. Some of the common symptoms of fatty liver include excessive sweating, nausea, excess abdominal fat, itchy eyes, gallstones and fatigue. Luckily, though, a fatty liver is a reversible condition.
Here is a list of 5 effective ways to avoid fatty liver:
- Cut down on carbohydrate: Too much consumption of carbohydrate can result in fatty liver. Some of the biggest culprits are white flour and sugar related products. Since, the liver converts excess carbohydrate into fat, over consumption of food items such as pasta, potatoes, rice and breakfast cereals should be checked. A diet consisting of low carbohydrate and low fat should be designed and followed for cutting down fat in the liver.
- Cut down on alcohol: Chronic alcoholism is the second biggest reason of a fatty liver. Alcohol results in damage and inflammation of the liver cells, thus infiltrating a lot of fat cells into the liver. Alcohol also restricts the process of healing. Restricting alcohol is an essential towards cutting down fat in the liver. Low-fat alcohol such as red wine and brandy can be consumed twice or thrice in a week. If a person is suffering from a chronic liver condition, a doctor should be consulted before alcohol.
- Protein consumption: Breakfast should have an adequate amount of protein. It balances the blood sugar level of body, helps to fight cravings and helps the liver to detoxify foreign objects. Some good sources of protein include eggs, nuts, chicken, seeds and fish. The serving size should not be more than 4-6 ounces per day. Proper intake of protein will slowly reduce fat in the liver.
- Fresh fruit and vegetable: Fresh fruits and vegetables are some of the most powerful agents in cleansing liver toxins. They have the capacity to repair liver filters and remove excess fat. Even juice of vegetables fetches excellent results in getting rid of excess fats. Fruits, on the other hand, possesses vital mineral and vitamins that are used by the liver to eradicate fat cells.
- Get moving: If the endeavour is to remove fat from the liver, running and daily exercise has a pivotal role in achieving it. If a person has never worked out, a good way to start is to spend half an hour in a day running and doing free hand exercise. One can also get into a gym and try extensive cardio exercises to cut down liver fat. It is not safe to perform any high-intensity training should without an expert supervision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.