Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Anand Ashok ShroffYour feedback matters!
I had cataract surgery in my left eye yesterday with a lens to correct my bad shortsighted (9 dioptre). I caught the reflection of the sun this morning from the car and noticed two lines radiating out from this point source. Since then I've noticed the same effect on any point source such as LEDs,
My wife have suffering from Arthritis since 3 years please resolve my problems. She is 25 year an old lady.
Dear doctor, Some time I feel my eye burning and restless eyes, can you please suggest me any regular eye drops.
I have under gone a cataract operation but now after months I feel itching and redness in that eye. What should I do?
I work for an IT firm, hence most of the time I'm in front of computer screen. I sleep for at least 7 hrs. But if I don't drink tea in morning I get headaches by afternoon. Can I consider tea as a trigger for headache or is it working with computer cause of headaches?
My son is 4. 10 yrs in age and rubs his eyes a lot? can his eyes be weak? should I get an eyesight test done?
I have eyes irritating problem from last 60 years. I have to use homeopathic medicine for cureness from this. So what I will do now please helo me.
Hi Dr , I am Raja from hyderabad. Since few days I'm suffering from eye problem. Eye water is flowing very freq. Could you please let me know the remedy. I bel its infection n congectivities. I was suffering from tooth enamel issue last month with which there was a pain in my eye n consulted opthamolagist n was using eye cool drops. And also consulted dental doc n used enamel related medicine this prob Got rectified. But now I'm suffering wit water in my eye very freq. Please suggest me any medicine r drops to get rid of this watery eyes. Thanks.
Every morning when I wake up my head feels a little heavy or like someone is pressing my head. Also my eyes burn when I wake up. What should I try? I have 7 hours of sleep everyday.
In my left eye in corner something is there looks like conjunctivitis since 2 months. But nothing happened. What should I do?
While it's assumed that numerous eye injuries are inflicted at work, just about the same number of them may happen while at home. Luckily, most eye wounds are preventable. Find ways to prevent eye injuries, as the eyes are very sensitive and delicate.
Here is a list of some of the most common eye injuries and tips on how to prevent them:
- A lot of eye injuries happen from dust particles entering the eyes, causing itching and burning sensation. Protective glasses should be worn when doing any kind of activity in a dusty area with flying particles.
- Pencils, scissors, forks, knives and all similar sharp objects can cause a serious eye injury. Day to day household items like bungee cords, wire coat hangers, rubber bands and fishhooks are capable of causing eye injuries. You must always remain aware and super conscious while using such objects.
- While performing activities such as dusting, sweeping or lawn mowing, make sure to protect your eyes well as dust is involved.
- Children are very curious by nature. Thus, all hazardous stuff like fertilizers, acids should be kept away from their reach. These contain harmful chemicals, which may inflict fatal damage to the eyes.
- Cooking powder and spices like chili powder can cause injury to the eye. Always wash your hands after using these items, so that you don't harm the eyes if you by chance rub them with your hands.
- Precautions should be taken while dealing with heat or boiling water or oil. They may spill and cause damage to the eyes.
- Secure floor coverings and railings. On the off chance that a kid or elderly man lives in your home, use a safety gate at the top and base of stairs, and consider covering sharp furniture edges and corners with a padding material.
- While travelling in a car, abrupt jerking or breaks may cause the head to bump and cause injury to the eye. Always put on your seat belt and do not allow children to sit in the front of a car.
- Many modern toys, which are very attractive have got sharp edges because of their fancy design. Abstain children from playing with these kinds of toys.
- Laser pointers, a common fun gadget for children is very harmful and causes permanent damage to the retina. Stay away from laser pointers.
- Wear eye gear to protect your eyes during sports activities. Also wear goggles during swimming as chlorine in swimming pool water damages the eyes.
Eye injuries may happen out of nowhere. You must always remain alert to avoid eye injuries.