Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
It is important that you understand and fulfil the needs of your partner and address issues that concern you both. Sexual intercourse for humans is not only a reproductive act, but is also considered to be an emotional and pleasurable act. However, statistics report that almost 30% of the women experience pain during intercourse. This not only hampers the pleasure but is also an unhealthy sign since it is indicative of a problem.
Painful intercourse could be a regular occurrence, or a sporadic one. There could be numerous reasons that cause the discomfort and pain. Though it might be an early manifestation of grave diseases such as endometriosis or fibroids, but more often, it is triggered due to conditions such as vaginal dryness, yeast infection, bacterial vaginiosis, which can be easily treated. It is pertinent to understand that it is not the physical infirmity of the entire female anatomy that causes such pain/ discomfort, but the existence of certain conditions that can be treated by a medical practitioner.
Certain such causal factors associated with painful intercourse and the efficient ways to deal with them are discussed below:
- Vaginal dryness: Vaginal dryness is one of the most commonly cited causes for painful intercourse. There are various causal factors of vaginal dryness. These include, but are not limited to, consumption of certain drugs, bathing with hot water, health conditions or even lack of foreplay. Vaginal dryness due to the aforementioned causes is a short-lived condition that can be treated well with the help of a medical practitioner. Usage of lubricants that is suitable for you, as advised by a medical practitioner, could go a long way in aiding the ease of sexual intercourse. The lubricants act as an effective substitute, if the body is unable to naturally secrete vaginal fluids to ease intercourse, thereby greatly reducing the pain that is experienced.
- Improper vaginal expansion: The female anatomy is designed in such a way that it expands normally during intercourse. Proper foreplay enables the woman to get excited, which results in the release of vaginal fluids that aids in sexual intercourse. However, in the event that the female is not excited enough prior to the act, sexual intercourse can become a painful act, since the vagina is unable to expand in the absence of vaginal fluids. In such cases, take things slow and give your body time to comfortably go with the flow.
- Vaginal itching caused by infection: Vaginal infections can be caused by antibiotics, prior sexual activity that has resulted in contraction of Sexually Transmitted Diseases etc. This results in an itching or burning sensation while having sex. It is essential to rest your body instead of forcing things and to consult your doctor as soon as possible. The doctor can correctly diagnose the causal factors behind the infection, and prescribe the necessary medicines for it.
However, if your symptoms vary from the common ones mentioned above, or in case you have a different query, it is always advisable to consult the doctor.
I am 19 years old and I am a female I hve irregular periods and lot of white discharge. I consulted doctor she said dat im not getting periods just coz of my weight. I also consulted other doctors they said dat im not over weighed. What shal I do.
Here are reasons why it is so good -
1) it does wonders to your skin - water has the ability to purge all the toxins from your blood, thus keeping your skin clear. Not only this, it also adds that natural glow to your skin to keep it shining and smooth.
2) it purifies your colon - when you wake up, you are on an empty stomach and consuming a glass or two of water at this time ensures that your colon is completely purified. As a result, your body can easily absorb more nutrients and get a health boost.
3) aids in cell production - drinking water first thing in the morning has been found to aid to a large extent in the production of new blood cells as well as muscle cells.
4) it can help you lose weight - studies have proven that drinking water in the morning can greatly aid in your weight loss program. This is due to the fact that water increases the metabolism of your body to a considerable extent. According to research, 16 ounces of chilled water can bring your metabolism up by a good 24 percent.
5) it keeps your lymph system in perfect balance - lymph glands are responsible for performing a number of basic functions of your body such as building immunity against various infections, maintaining balance of body fluids etc. Drinking water early in the morning helps keep your lymph system working in a healthy and regular manner.
If you have any further questions, ask me by clicking on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Whenever my husband make relation (intercourse) with me I feel itchy (jalan). Like somebody pour something like chilly. And I am unable to make relation with him please send me the remedy or how to get rid of this. I shall be thankful to you.
I have some sex problems in my wife. She is satisfied soon and her disease no more only one time. I wanna grow her sex stamina Please give me a solution.
Hello doctor I am 8th months pregnant and from past few days I am suffering from negative thinking its related dat something is cuming on me and falling which is so weired and I am unable to breath if I think positive negative comes and overcome positive then again I feel stress I am very much trying to be positive because I am carrying a baby and I should not stressed out but still I am unable to do so I am not getting sleep in the night times I am feeling restless I feel something is happening in my mind and destroying everything never ever I get these thoughts in my life I am a very healthy person I have a very healthy pregnancy but because of these nasty thinking I am worrying were my baby should not be in danger please doctor give me some counselling and help me to overcome these thoughts from my brain. please give some medication for sleep in low dose which is safe in pregnancy.
I am 18 year old and I have this problem of PCOD since 2 years. I want a permanent solution to this as I don't want to be on medicine for my lifetime.
I have vitiligo skin disease since 5yrs. I already have a baby who is masha allah healthy. She was born 4 yes ago. Now I would like to become pregnant once again. And now I developed more white patches on my hand and face. My question is will the new born baby will b affected. And also let me know should I continue taking tablets for vitiligo during pregnancy or I shud discontinue tabs fr 9 months. Thank you.
Last night we had sex and I found blood on my thighs, my private part, even on my husband's thigh I thought my periods are come but suddenly my husband realized that the blood was coming out from his private part and on bedsheets as well there was few drops. It was not few droplets of blood it was more. In the morning my husband go for pee and he was normal now also he is not feeling any pain. Please help why that happened and what should we do. Please help.
I am 21 years old male. want to do sex with my girlfriend but i'm having doubt that after having sex she'll get pregnant or not even if I ejaculate inside her. So what would be the right time of having sex. premenstrual cycle or post menstrual cycle?
I have baldness I treated in several hospitals both ayurvedic and allopathic. But no results I'm not interested in hair fixing. I don't have any allergic reaction to medicines. I m not taking any medicines for any kind of disease. Menstruation is regular. I had undergone investigations like in hb, thyroid functions etc. Can you help me out from this problem.
uterus antiverted & bulky 7.7 * 5.5 * 5.8cm with heterogeneous echotexture, small multiple hypoepoic areawith loss of definition of endomental/mymetical interference echometer measure 8mm. Sonography report. Excessive bleeding during menopause uncontrolled & heavy weakness. Local doctor suggested operation. What to do.
My gf took abortion tab. Will thr be any chance tht other will come to know abt tht through any tests.
I m 19 years old boy? having testicular pain since one year testicular lump since 4 mnths chest pain since 1 Month breathing problem since 3 weeks knee-elbow-shoulder pain since 2 weeks am i having testicular cancer spreading through all over body? i m also having frequent and too less urination with yellow color n sometimes with pain.
My wife facing too much white discharge problem since from last year. Doctor said she is in chronic. So he 'll applied ray. What should we do now?
Hello doctor. Please suggest some medicine for pain during periods. Need suggestions for this issue for 22 years old unmarried girl. Home made solution also fine.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!