Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anaga Naliwala
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anaga NaliwalaYour feedback matters!
I am 27 and my husband is 28 yrs. From last one year I had aborted 2 times. 1st pregnancy at 7 weeks due to bleeding. 2nd one at 4th month due to a birth defect of baby seen in ultrasound. Defect is anencephaly. Now took gap of 6 months after abortion. We are planning for pregnancy also I am taking folic acid (mcbm-69. Recently I have done Torch test and APL test. In that it seems for Rubella-IgG 4.72 OD ratio I have and for Rubella-IgM I have 1.74 OD Ratio. Pls help me do I have Rubella infection or I am immune to Rubella. Reference range is: Negative: <=0.90 Equivocal: 0.91 - 1.10 Positive: >= 1.11 Positive means do I have infection.
I am 25 years old and my little finger burned it is half the size will that affect my baby in pregnancy?
Me and my girl friend had sex on Saturday I.e 8 October, With full protection. She use to get down at 16 October But she hasn't got down Then is she pregnant?
Blood in urine, medically known as Hematuria is not usually a cause of concern, but it can translate into an adverse condition if left unevaluated. The kidneys and other structures in the urinary tracts such as urethra (tube connecting the bladder to the outer part of the body); bladder (that stores the urine) and ureters (tube joining the bladder to the kidney) are the sources of blood flow to the urine. Hematuria can be accompanied by symptoms such as discharge of tea-colored, brownish-red or pink colored urine due to the presence of red blood cells, traces of which can only be detected under the microscope.
Underlying causes behind this disorder might be:
- Urinary tract infections is where the bacteria enter the body through the urethra and begin to proliferate in the bladder.
- Kidney infections (pyelonephritis) is when bacteria infiltrate into the kidneys from the bloodstream or travel up from the uterus to the kidneys.
- A kidney or a bladder stone is marked by the minerals in the concentrated urine precipitating out and molding into crystals that deposit on the bladder or kidney walls.
- Enlarged prostate is a condition in which the prostate gland, that is situated just below the bladder surrounding the upper part of the urethra, starts growing as males head towards their middle age.
- Kidney disease such as glomerulonephritis causes swelling of the kidneys, thus disrupting the filtering system.
- Bladder, kidney and prostate cancer are also possible causes.
- Hereditary disorders such as sickle cell anemia (a hereditary disease of the red blood cells in the hemoglobin) can also pose as a cause behind this disorder.
- Kidney injury as a result of heavy blows, accidents or injuries sustained while playing a spot can also contribute to this condition.
- Medications such as penicillin or the anti-cancer drug ‘cyclophosphamide’
- Strenuous physical exercises like intense workout or running may also result in Hematuria.
There is no fixed cure for Hematuria; instead the doctor would work on treating the repressed conditions behind the symptoms, such as prescribing antibiotics to heal the urinary tract infection or a medicine to shrink and normalize the enlarged prostate or administer a shock wave therapy to destroy the kidney or bladder stones.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Breast milk is the best for babies and the benefits of breastfeeding are one too many. Breast milk not only supplies your baby with its requirement of vitamins and nutrients, but also gets the substances which fight diseases, making your baby healthy and strong.
Benefits of breastfeeding are:
1. Protects Your Body - Breastfeeding induces some changes in your body which you might not be very delighted to accept, but are for the sake of your baby. Did you know, these very changes benefit you as well. Studies have proved that women who breastfeed are protected against breast and ovarian cancer. The longer you feed, the more protected you are.
2. Reduces Stress - Adding to the benefits of breastfeeding you can derive, is the fact that it helps you reduce stress. It also lessens your risk of postpartum depression. Breastfeeding has been found to be relaxing since it releases the hormone called oxytocin. This release also helps the uterus contract.
3. Averts Risk For Baby - A breastfed baby has lower risk of sudden infant death syndrome.
4. Reduces Obesity Risk In Baby - Breastfed babies have lower chances of obesity. They are good at judging when their tummies are full and therefore stop drinking on time. This leads to healthy growth pattern. Compared to babies who are fed on formula, breastfed babies gain weight at slower speed, hence reducing chances of obesity later in life.
5. Increases Cognitive Skills - Multiple researches have shown that there is a direct relationship between cognitive development and breastfeeding.
6. Enhances Baby’s Immunity - Breastfeed babies are also said to be better protected from developing allergies as immune factors like secretory igA is present only in breast milk. It creates a protective layer on the babys intestinal tract. Babies who aren't breastfeed are known to fall sick pretty frequently as formula diet doesn't build their immunity as mother's milk does.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
1. Iodine Rich Foods
Make sure that you consume a diet that is rich in iodine. Some of the most common foods that you can think about that is rich in iodine are:
• Seaweeds and sea foods
• Salt water fish
• Nori rolls
Be certain to use iodized salt while preparing food as it is found to be very effective for hypothyroidism.
One of the most commonly found fruits are bananas. Try to include bananas in your daily diet as it is a good food for hypothyroidism.
• Take at least two to three bananas a day. Make sure that you eat ripe bananas.
• You can also at times consume a banana milkshake that is prepared with low fat or skimmed milk.
One of the best known remedies to treat all kinds of disorders as well as hypothyroidism is pure drinking water.
• Make sure that you drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
• Water will help to flush out all toxins in your body.
• It will also prevent you from getting dehydrated so that your body does not store more fat and hence you do not gain excess weight.
4. Eating More Fruits And Vegetables
Try to include more fruits and vegetables in your diet. This will help you to stay healthy and is highly recommended to prevent hypothyroidism.
• It would be better for you to choose a complete veg. meal plan full of greens and vegetables one or two days in a week.
• You also need to follow a strict fruit plan diet for a day in a week to fight hypothyroidism.
5. Selenium Rich Foods
Going for foods that are rich in selenium will help in fighting hypothyroidism.
• Make sure to make onions and dairy products as part of your daily diet.
• You also need to occasionally include chicken, salmon, tuna and meat in your daily diet. Try to use one product a day.
• It is important for you to use a lot of garlic in your food preparation.
• Brazil nuts as well as whole unrefined grains also help in fighting hypothyroidism and you need to take them at least once a week.
6. High Fiber Diet
It is important for you to take a high fiber diet so that you do not gain weight that easily and this will help to prevent hypothyroidism.
• Add beans, oatmeal and whole wheat to your daily diet to improve your bowel movement and to reduce the cholesterol levels in your body.
• Make sure that you only consume brown rice and not white rice in any form when you suffer from hypothyroidism.
7. Green Tea
One of the best foods known to treat hypothyroidism is green tea. It has antioxidants and will help in reducing body weight.
• It is ideal for you to include green tea in your daily diet and try to skip other drinks like coffee and black tea.
• It would be ideal for you to consume thee to four cups of hot green tea to increase body metabolism and to burn fat.
8. Tyrosine Rich Foods
One of the best methods to increase the production of thyroid hormones in your body is to consume foods that are rich in tyrosine.
• Lean meat
• Soy products
9. Coconut Oil
Take coconut oil cooked food will help in improving the production of thyroid hormone and will help in preventing hypothyroidism.
• Add a tablespoon of coconut oil in your diet every day.
• It helps in increasing metabolism and is also an emery booster.
• Make sure that you consume it in moderation depending on your age and lifestyle and structure of your body.
10. Vitamin A, Zinc And Copper Foods
It is ideal for you to consume Vitamin A, zinc and copper rich foods in order to increase the production of thyroid hormones in your body.
Vitamin A Rich Foods
• Yellow vegetables
• Dark vegetables
Zinc And Copper Foods
• Lean Beef
• Dried beans
• Seeds and nuts
• Organ meats that are range free.