Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amul RawalYour feedback matters!
My age is 23. Height is 5.10 weight is 56kgs. I have a list of health issues. To begin with, I eat outside food and fall ill. May be cant get clear motion, or get stomach ache. I do not put on weight easily. I want to put on weight. At night get acidity and gas problem at tyms. Next I have recently bruised my knee internally. I am a choreographer and surely dis has hand coz of dance. I hav taken lots of medicines for it. Feeling little better though. But still cant do steps which need to sit. Coz of dis issue doctor has told me not to put on weight. The other is I hav regular periods, but used to have terrible pain n health on frst day of periods. Took lots of medicines fr dis frm various doctors since years. Sum how it has decreased now. Since last 4months I get lesser pain n trouble. Doctors say its may be bcoz of sexual relations with your husband. Now the thing is I have experienced herpes in my vaginal area in 2011 and also in 2012. I hav had sexual intercourse only wid my husband. Have got minor vaginal infections many times after this. My vagina doesnt open immediately. It requires some foreplay or wetness. On top of that during the intercourse I get little pain at times. After I am done with the act, my vagina opening swells and turns red. Then for next 3days I cant have sex. Last week I went to the gynaec, and she has given me a gel to apply before intercourse. I havent has sex after meeting her, coz she found out infection again in my vagina and has given me lots of tablets to take orally and also put in my vagina. She has also given me placentrex gel to put it. I really wana know wats wrong with my vagina. I am not enjoying my sex life. My husband too surely isnt, but never says a word n always supports. Rushes me to the doctor and spends like anything. These medicines and doctors fees literally kill us. I also wish to conceive in coming months. But get to hear taunts from my family that I am too weak and keep falling sick all the time. And wont be able to conceive and produce a child. I eat alot and gud food. Small meals every 2-3hours. Exercise, dance. Drink lots of water. Have limited fast foods. Get sleep for 6-7hours. Still less immunity. I know this is like an essay to read. But I really require help. Thank you so much to whoever will reply. God bless.
Hello sir, My friend had unprotected sex but he is not sure that he has ejaculated he has gave her partner I pill after 5 hours of sex but from the day of sex his partners lower abdomen is paining so plz can you consult.
My friend at work thinks she is pregnant after doing some test at home. And she is not ready for babies now for some financial grounds so can you suggest what to be done now please.
Hi Doctor, I have query, My daughter has age @ 13, Now she is studying in class 8th. We are little bit more concern about her Menstruation start. Still she has not get start Menstruation. What are the basic problem to start late Menstruation. We are planing to go and concern to Dr.(Gynaec). But before we are know all, Can you please guide us.
Avoid sitting for long time to prevent muscles to get spasms or stiffen and to avoid accumulation of adipose tissues as it may increase the risk of developing waistline
Hence try to do small movements involving hip rotation and moving around for at least 15 minutes every three hours to ensure occupational strain in the joints and to ensure better metabolism
Meri beti (16 years) kisi bhi time fridge me se ice cubes nikal kr khati rhti h isse usse koi side effect to nhi hoga?
I have a problem of polycystic ovary and my periods is very irregular. I tried many medicines but for the last 6 months periods has stopped what should I do?
1. Glowing clear skin
2. Easy to maintain healthy weight
3. Regular and relatively painless menstrual cycle
4. Proper and regular bowel movement
5. Sound and refreshing sleep
6. A healthy raging libido
8. Waist to hip ratio of less than 0.80
9. High levels of immunity
Am 42years, one of my tubes is not in good shape like the other due to ectopic pregnancy, what can I do to increase my chances of conceiving, I want to have a child.
If we want to have quick pregnancy in which days we can do sex after or before periods between how many days please advise me.
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.
Hi my girlfriend n I had sex but I gave her unwanted 72 after that she had her periods also after 10 days she is having blood from vagina what is it please tell she is having leg pain n lil lower stomach pain please tell.
I am suffering from prolonged periods and had a U/S today. In that scan impressions were given as Hepatomegaly With Fatty Infiltration Of The Liver. What is Hepatomegaly With Fatty Infiltration Of The Liver?
Trichomonas Vaginalis, a virus, which affects almost 7.4 million men and women each year. This virus can cause a sexually transmitted disease upon contact with a person who may be carrying the same. This condition is more common in women than it is in men and causes a variety of symptoms. Let us learn more about this infection.
- Symptoms: This disease does not have any obvious symptoms until the problem becomes pretty severe. The symptoms for men include irritation inside the penis, discharge, and a burning sensation upon urination and ejaculation. The symptoms for women include a strong odour filled discharge that may also be greenish yellow in colour, pain in the lower abdomen in case the infection is extremely severe, itching and irritation in the vagina, and pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse.
- Diagnosis: The gynaecologist or the general physician will usually carry out the diagnosis with the help of blood and urine samples that will be sent to the lab for testing. These tests will help in determining the spread and severity of the infection. The doctor will also use vaginal or urethral fluid in order to diagnose the issue with the help of further lab tests. Most doctors will tell you that it is harder to detect the presence of the virus in women, than it is in men.
- Treatment: The treatment of this disease is done with the help of metronidazole, which can be used to treat trichomoniasis in case the patient is pregnant. It is usually recommended that the sexual partner of the patient should also be treated for the infection so as to stem its spread. Also, the doctors will recommend abstinence from sex for the duration of the treatment. Antibiotics will also be prescribed for both partners. Usually, one will be asked to wait for all the symptoms to disappear before becoming sexually active again.
- Complications: There is a risk of contracting the HIV virus in case pregnant women do not get treated for this disease on time. It can also cause premature rupture of the various membranes that protect the foetus, which can in turn, lead to premature delivery of the baby. Further, women who are suffering from this disease are at higher risk of passing on the HIV virus to their partners. This happens when the woman is also infected with the HIV virus.
- Prevention: There are various ways to prevent this disease including the proper use of condoms and limiting the number of sexual partners. Genital inflammation and pain should be checked by a doctor immediately to rule out the possibility of this STD. Also, one must take the necessary precautions to avoid catching and spreading this disease and getting a full body check up done is an important part of prevention.
To keep up good health, it is absolutely necessary for one to indulge in physical exercise or activities. Physical activities, in general, are linked to a host of good benefits, such as reduced stress and a healthier and better outlook, besides increasing the body's resistance against complications like heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes and muscle pain among others problems.
Similarly, the practice of yoga is an ancient tradition well known for its health benefits. In addition, walking can further complement the practice of yoga and they can together prove to be highly advantageous, to the extent where they can be possibly regarded a better alternative to the act of gyming.
Here are a few benefits of gym workouts followed by the benefits of yoga plus walking:
Benefits of gym and other exercises:
- Keep muscles fit
- Enhance respiration and perspiration
- Helps in weight loss
- Relieve stress
- Increase appetite and food consumption
Benefits of yoga and walking:
- Keep you active throughout the day
- Help bowel movement
- Increase mind control over the body
- Improve blood circulation
- Relieve anxiety and keeps one stress free
- Can be practiced anywhere and everywhere
Although it can be argued that gym workouts are better than yoga and vice-versa, the subject matter is highly ambiguous and debatable. Since both activities are good for your health, physically as well as mentally, it is very difficult to say which one is better; perhaps a detailed comparison of the differences between the two may be more helpful:
- While gymming and other exercises focus on building the body and helping you attain the desired body figure, yoga and walking aims at regulating the entire body mechanism, with more emphasis on mental control.
- While gym workouts may be more expensive, yoga requires minimal accessories and is therefore, more economically convenient.
- Yoga is suitable for people of all ages, whereas gymming and other intense physical activities are not advisable for old people or those with specific medical ailments like hypertension and heart problems.
- There are minimal withdrawal effects with yoga, in contrast to gym workouts.
- Gymming requires you to go to the gym, whereas yoga and walking can be done anywhere and everywhere.