Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amul Navnitlal RawalYour feedback matters!
What is premenstrual syndrome (PMS)? In a layman's language, it is that time of the month you don't really want to unnecessarily bother a woman or you might have to face the brunt of an emotional outburst. In medical terms, it is a combination of emotional, physical, psychological changes that occur in a woman after ovulation and culminates with the ending of her menstrual flow. The most common mood-related symptoms are irritability, depression, crying, oversensitivity, and mood swings.
The most common physical symptoms are fatigue, bloating, breast tenderness, acne, and appetite changes with food cravings. In severe cases, anger, irritability, anxiety and tension leads to loss of the functioning ability of a woman. If you've been there or are suffering, you are not alone. There are scores of women around the world who experience these symptoms. Here are ways to minimize and get rid of PMS.
1. Control PMS with diet changes: Certain food types in general are not a healthy choice but can cause more harm than good during PMS. Depending on what factor affects you the most, cut down on these types of food.
- Salt: Excess salt can lead to bloating
- Caffeine: Can lead to anxiety, sleeplessness and irritability
- Alcohol: The concoction for depression
- Sugar: Can cause mood swings
As always, eating more fruits, veggies and grains at the right time can keep you healthy and prepared for those dreaded days.
2. Exercise: Exercise is a mood lifter. It gets you into shape, adds to your stamina and slowly but steadily boosts your confidence to become slimmer, stronger, and fitter. The trick is to pick up on an exercise you love. Hit the road and run free with your thoughts or turn on the music and dance with aerobics.
3. Stock up on vitamins: Hormonal imbalances are the primary cause behind PMS. Though it is not proven, stocking up on some essential vitamins like calcium, potassium and minerals can give you more strength to fight the symptoms.
4. Herbal remedies: They've been around for hundreds of years and you are likely to have an aunt or grandma swear by one of these cures. From ginger to primrose oil, these cures can balance your hormonal activity in a natural way. You will need to experiment to see what really suits your need.
5. Take a break: No matter what physical or emotional trauma you go through, it can double up because of stress and lack of sleep. Knowing your 'off' days, it's best you find a way to take some time off for yourself at a spa or try meditation and deep breathing. Do what you love to do to. Keep your mind calm and clear. Listen to music, take a walk with your dog or simply read a good book.
To start with, change your diet, take a few supplements and herbs, and start exercising, and you should see the change in the first few cycles itself. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
The Ayurvedic Garbha Sanskar offers a list of guidelines for would-be parents
The aim of any parent is to bear and nurture a healthy, capable child who can face the pressures of our increasingly complex lifestyles. An Ayurvedic solution to this situation has slowly gained momentum, a process called Garbha Sanskar. Garbha Sanskar is both a medical practice and a 'culture'. Just like a person brought up in a musician's house imbibes a musical culture, the child is conditioned within the womb. The practice has been developed over four decades of research and medical practice. Tambe says, "If women are provided with expert guidance during pregnancy and the early years of their children, it will have an immense impact on society."
What it Involves
Traditional diet planning, use of herbal preparations, yoga, music, behavioural suggestions and medicines are all used in harmony. The idea is to enhance every aspect of the mother's life. Ideally, preparations should start at least a year before conception. Garbha Sanskar covers pregnancy, childbirth and guides parents until the child is two years old. Parents who have followed these instructions say their babies are able to hold their heads up, turn on their side and begin speaking earlier than other babies. They sleep soundly for several hours and have far fewer health concerns than their peers. In some cases, they show extra-ordinary development. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
What Ayurveda Says?
When the sun is out, it means your digestion is functioning at its optimum. Always aim to eat your meals between sunrise and sunset (not before or after). Our jatara agni is at is strongest when the sun is at its highest in the sky-
- Eat light, sattvic and pure foods for breakfast; fresh squeezed juice, fresh fruit etc.
- Have positivity when you are eating and digesting your food.
Negative emotions cause us to overeat or under-eat
An understanding of the negative emotions (in relation to our major energy centres (chakras)) that disturb our Being and cause us to overeat or under-eat.
Modern day illnesses such as anxiety, depression, stress are all related to food.
Health During Pregnancy
A beautiful dhyana (meditation), asana (body postures) and pranayama (breathing techniques) practice that addresses (cleanses and energizes) the three major chakras (energy centres) that are responsible for all over our health during pregnancy.
Our thoughts are energy, mantras are chanted during pregnancy affects your baby blissfully.
Some guidelines for childcare
- Until the child is two years old, it needs regular oil massages to help growth
- While he or she can start eating other food after it is six months old, it must be breastfed until it is a year old
- Do not place the baby's bed under direct light
- Avoid loud and disturbing noises, introduce new foods gradually, and allow the baby to start eating by itself at a certain age even if it creates a mess
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.
How to treat a tear at lower part of vagina which occurs because of sex and cause bleeding whenever we do sex but it is painless.
I am Dr Nimmi Rastogi. I am a practising gynaecologist at Sarthak medical centre, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi.So, in our centre, we have certain speciality clinic. One of them is preconception counselling.
What is preconception counselling?
If you are planning your bundle of joy, then it is imperative for you to visit a doctor and tell you certain important things which by yourself you can’t figure out. So, if you are planning and you still have time, then a month before, come for preconception counselling. There will be a session of interview, we will be talking to you, we will be taking into account of all your history, past history, present history, family history and certain blood tests will be done which will give us a clue that you are healthy enough to parent a child.
For the woman we will run certain tests whether she is carrying any infection or her hormones are all right or her thyroid levels, progesterone, folate levels are all right. And all this is run and certain compatibility tests are also done, for instance, Rh compatibility, thalassemia test and sudden genetic studies are done in select cases. It’s a very simple session consisting of 2-3 visits wherein we talk and we impart certain advice based on those tests. So it’s a good idea always to be 100% fit for pregnancy rather than being taken for a shock or a surprise.
So, do visit if you are planning for a pregnancy for a preconception counselling at any gynaecologist.
You can locate me on Lybrate or on the website. I am available for consultation at my clinic at Sarthak medical centre, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi.
I am diabetic with frequent uti. And itchiness in vagina. Why am I getting throbing sensation in the vagina. I am 50 yrs old.
I have done with follicular studies today was 11 th day of my cycle my Right ovary at 19.7 x 13, 13.2 x 11 mm, 11 x 10 mm, 10 x 9 mm and Left ovary is 22.8 x 19.7 mm endometrium is 8.8.4 m. Why does right ovary has 4 counts what does it means?
I have a pain less blister on penis. It developed two or three months ago. I am 30 years old, married since last two years. Not having an active sex life as my wife is having 4 months pregnancy. Pls advice me.
I'm 21 weeks 6 days pregnant.in my scanning report seems that my placenta is low lying. What is that means? How is it occur? What is the remedies to prevent bleeding? please help me to know about this. What can I will do for this.
Hi doctor, I have one question like last year I got married and still I do not have kid. And my wife doesn't like the sexual intercourse. Why because , she's getting pain while doing sex. And we need baby. What we have to do. And we are not prefer for IVF also. Any natural way to get pregnancy please tell me. It ll helpful for my life. Then, one more thing so that what I am doing for sex means, using of one tube am passing my sperms to vagina. It ll be workout r not. Please help me.
I am trying to convince due to dryness doctored has given me lubic and vh3 will it effect the pregnancy.
Some tips from Ayurveda (7)
1. Luecoderma - In all types of skin diseases take Deccoction on Maha Manjisthadi kwath 10 ml twice a day and use Catechu Powder for internal and external Use.
2. Cholera – Keep to take lots on lemon Sharbat and Sanjivani vati 2 tabs twice a day.
3. Tuberculosis – In any condition of Tuberculosis you can take Milk, Butter, Ghee, Meat of Goat with proper regular medications.
4. Eczema : Apply boiled leaves of Neem Tree as externally and take 10 ml Neem leaves juice twice a day.
Hello doctor my girlfriend had unprotected sex with me on 25th October & took i-pill on the same day & her last periods was started on 20th & ended on 23rd of October she is in her safe time of cycle but she didn't had periods in this month means '20th november what does that mean & is her periods cycle skipped if so when will she have periods in this month I mean approximation of it please help. Sry whoever replied me in last ques I entered wrong month.
I am a 26 years old female, had unprotected sex during third day of periods with my boyfriend. He left his sperms inside me. I have PCOS with weight problems and irregular periods. Will I be getting pregnant? What are my chances of getting pregnant?
You might have heard of the eucalyptus oil and the first thing that comes to your mind would be is the treatment of cold. Well, eucalyptus is not just an effective remedy for cold and it is much more than a passing herb that you can miss. Eucalyptus oil can be used as an analgesic, antibacterial, anticatarrhal and anti-inflammatory agent. Let us get on directly with the benefits of using the ever affluent oil.
Benefits of Eucalyptus oil:
- Dental problems: Eucalyptus is naturally minty and it can treat cavities, gingivitis, and in some cases even dental plaque. It has germicidal characteristics and they are very beneficial in fighting dental problems. Nowadays, even many modern toothpastes have a dash of eucalyptus oil as its ingredient. Such is the power of this product.
- Asthma: Asthma attacks can occur at any time. Under those circumstances, massage a few drops of eucalyptus oil on the chest or you can inhale the aroma directly to breathe better.
- Congestion: Nasal congestion and eucalyptus oil go hand in hand. Add a few drops of oil to the boiled water and inhale the steam to get rid of all your nasal congestions.
- Cooling temperature: Eucalyptus oil cools the body down! It is especially beneficial in the summer months when the instances of heat strokes rises. Apply it directly to your body to maintain your body temperature and to maintain it.
- Cough: You can say goodbye to coughing, sneezing, blocked nose, etc. with the usage of eucalyptus oil. They are also beneficial in curing a variety of ailments from wounds, fevers, and respiratory ailments. You can use them as an overnight ingredient to get a soothing sleep and the aroma can act as a mind relaxant too.
- Diabetes: Eucalyptus oil usage can increase the circulation in diabetic patients. You can also massage eucalyptus oil onto the body and take a bath later to increase the blood circulation.
- Dysentery: Eucalyptus oil is also known to fight against diarrhoea, inflammation, and other infections. Apply raw eucalyptus oil on your abdomen area and massage in a circular motion for the best results.
- Ear inflammation: You should never put essential oil directly into the ear cavity. However, you can easily massage the oil around the ear and outer ear for pain relief. In case if it gets in your ear cavities, seek medical help immediately.
- Kidney stones: Kidney stones can be painful and debilitating. Eucalyptus oil is known to reduce the pain when applied in the kidney areas and massaged.
- Muscle pain: Eucalyptus can act as a natural analgesic and also has anti-inflammatory properties. Massage a few drops of eucalyptus oil evenly over the affected area to ease the pain. You can even warm the eucalyptus oil and massage it to soothe the muscle pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.