Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am 3 month pregnant hb is 12.40 I am jst taking folic acid do I need to take any other medication for wellness?
I have my last period o 12 th april 2016, and next due date was 5th may, then on 9th may I took pregnancy test, I got positive result, but on 11 th may Dr. told till the sac is not visible, I am bit worried.
I am 36 years with 15 weeks pregnancy. I am suffering from hypothyroidism since last 5 years. I had two miscarriage in last two years. Since last 6 months I had 8 mm kidney stone. At present the doctor advice me to take 200mg progesterone(twice) + ecosprine 75 + zincofer nurture tables. I want to whether I can have a normal healthy baby. Whether there is any risk in vaginal delivery
Hello Doctor. I had intercourse with my partner on july 3rd. We are very nervous about the pregnancy issue. We don't want the baby at this time. It been 15 days now. And my wife noticed that she is using the loo more often now to eject urine, also she is eating more. We both had sex for the very first time in our life. If she is pregnant is there a way we can stop the pregnancy through medicine at this time.
I am a pregnant and it's my 7 th month of pregnancy, my doctor told me that your baby is in less weight (880 grams) my due date is June 6 th Please suggest me what care I have to take for my baby weight? What are the reasons for less baby weight? What type of food I have to take?
My wife becoming weight loss after her 1st pregnancy since then she is not gaining weight. I consulted a doctor near by he gave her some powder of weight gaining which is not worked proper. My wife want to gain weight. Please prescribe any effective and same powder or tablets.
What is the precautions for getting menstrual cycle early because my menstruation had not came from last 3 months?
What are symptoms of pregnancy how pregnancy can be know very earlier within two to three days please have a brief explanation doctor.
How to have safe sex without using any protection (Condoms or Pills) and how many days we can have sex before or after period?
Hi Doctor, My age is 20 years. I have a boyfriend. We very often smooch each other. He is asking me to have oral sex with him. I don't know how to give oral sex properly. can you tell how to have oral sex?
I am a 26yrs old female. With gradual increase in age, facing bleeding problems. Like sometimes, my gums start bleeding, it's so fragile. During my menstrual cycle, occasionally, bleeding starts from my nose for initial 1 to 2 days only, along with menstrual bleed. Also having c/o. Bony tenderness, mainly spinal area, from cervical to sacrum. Previously, taken accupuncture therapy of 6 months course for spinal tenderness. What i'll do? i'm in pain?
I am 26 year girl I have acne on my face on regularly with lots of pain and also having a pcod in both ovaries. Pls help.
I am using shilajit while having sex with my wife, and she is pregnant, are there any side effects to foetus or wife.
My last period date is 06/03/2016. Doctor prescribed me to take CCQ 100 tablet and also ovabless. By taking CCQ 100 tablet how many eggs will release and is there any chances of twins. And can you tell me when I get the pregnancy symptoms I am early waiting to check.
Sir , I and my wife performed intercourse on 23-06-2016 and it was unprotected and we missed to take i-pill and she consume i-pill on 17-07-2016 and she has missed her date as it was on 17-07-2016 and till now her date is not having n we don't want a 2nd child so early n I am tensed about it please doctor suggest me as soon as possible I request you.
I am 22 years old, female, I have already done intercourse with my husband. How I will come to know that I am Pregnant. What will b my symptoms in those days. What precautions shall I take. Please guide me.
The amount of emotional upheaval that periods, or no periods (for that matter) can cause, is something that every woman is aware of. It's normal to miss your period for different reasons occasionally, but it is a matter of concern if this absence persists over a period of time. The condition is then termed as a case of secondary amenorrhea. Although most people are quick to consider pregnancy while dealing with the various reasons for missed periods, there are a number of possibilities which are seldom mulled over, but should be considered in order to take effective precautions and seek proper medical care:
- Weight: Body weight is responsible for affecting hypothalamus and this may, in turn, upset your menstrual cycle. BMI level under 18-19 may result in triggering irregularities since enough estrogen will not be created. This is also why underweight women, who suffer from bulimia or anorexia, tend to miss their periods frequently. On the other hand, overweight women may stop ovulating due to increase in the production of estrogen and therefore, have heavy, infrequent periods. Therefore, it is essential that body weight be regulated to avoid any disappointment at 'the time of the month.'
- Stress: Any type of physical or emotional stress is bound to affect your cycle. This is because, the production of stress hormones in the body increases and an elevated level of adrenaline and cortisol may impair the functioning of the reproductive system. Under stressful situations, the body employs its amino acids to assist the neurotransmitters to produce stress hormones over sex hormones. As a consequence, the chances of missing your periods increase.
- Exercising Too Much: While regular workout is indispensable for battling a sedentary lifestyle, overdoing it might cause your body to produce lesser estrogen and delay your periods. Women, who are into athletics and gymnastics, are more likely to suffer from amenorrhea. In fact, other aspects of over-exercising, like sleeping less, fasting, and infections also contribute to such irregularities.
- Breastfeeding: Prolactin is the hormone that aids in milk production and may also repress ovulation for a while. Many breastfeeding moms may not get their periods for a month or more as a result. But this doesn't do away with your chances of getting pregnant. A span of three months is expected to pass before the abnormalities are done away with.
- Food Allergies: Celiac disease or untreated gluten allergy can directly harm hormone production. They are directly related to your gut health and your adrenal glands which is why they can influence the sex hormone creation.