Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amul Navnitlal Rawal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amul Navnitlal RawalYour feedback matters!
Introduction: Stammering also known as stuttering is the fluency disorder of speech and is characterized by disruptions in the production of speech sounds.
K- K- K- Kiran is may friend" (Part-word repetition).
"RRRR am is may brother "(sound prolongation).
I'll meet you - um um you know like - around six o'clock." (A series of interjections: The person expects to have difficulty smoothly joining the word "you" with the word "around." In response to the anticipated difficulty, he produces several interjections until he is able to say the word "around" smoothly.)
There may be some associated behavior, apart from non fluent speech, like eye blinking, jaw pressing, hand movement, leg movement and poor eye contacts.
Must watch these video to know how and expert in Speech Pathology (certified Speech Pathologist/Speech therapist/Speech Language Pathologist) changes the life of people having Speech disorders including stammering: http://www.speechtherapyindia.in/videos.html
How is stammering diagnosed?
Diagnosing stuttering requires the skills of a certified speech-language pathologist (SLP). Some time patient reach to physician also. In such case most of the physician refer to Speech Language Pathologist for detail assessment and management. Most of the time parents confused between normal non fluency and stammering. Here SLPs evaluation will help to remove such confusion.
Factors that are noted by many specialists include the following:
- a family history of stuttering
- stuttering that has continued for 6 months or longer
- presence of other speech or language disorders
- strong fears or concerns about stuttering on the part of the child or the family
What are the main causes of stammering ?
When we speak there are hundred of muscles of our body like breathing muscles, laryngeal muscles, muscles of lips , tongue, palate and jaw works in coordinated way. If coordination among these muscles due to any reason goes fluency of speech will be affected. Means those who stammer will having problem in coordinating speech production muscles with brain.
What treatments are available for stammering?
Speech Language Pathologists teach people who stutter to control and/or monitor the rate at which they speak. In addition, people may learn to start saying words in a slightly slower and less physically tense manner. They may also learn to control or monitor their breathing. When learning to control speech rate, people often begin by practicing smooth, fluent speech at rates that are much slower than typical speech, using short phrases and sentences. Over time, people learn to produce smooth speech at faster rates, in longer sentences, and in more challenging situations until speech sounds both fluent and natural. "Follow-up" or "maintenance" sessions are often necessary after completion of formal intervention to prevent relapse.
Is there any medicine or surgery will help in stammering management?
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved any drug for the treatment of stuttering. However, some drugs that are approved to treat other health problems such as epilepsy, anxiety, or depression have been used to treat stuttering. These drugs often have side effects that make them difficult to use over a long period of time. In a recent study funded by the NIDCD researchers concluded that drug therapy has been largely ineffective in controlling stuttering.
Is there 100% Cure for Stammering?
There is no 100% cure for stammering, although few healthcare quacks are making such false claim like cure in 2 weeks etc. Scientific research published by American Speech Language Hearing Association based on more than 100 studies on adults who stutter concluded that significant improvement typically occurs as a result of treatment/Speech therapy in 60to 80% of cases. You can find the original article by putting "treatment efficacy stuttering" in google search also.
Speech therapy result may vary with the type of problem, severity of problem and age of the person. There are some examples of relapse also after speech therapy.
How do I know who are speech language pathologist /speech therapist in India?
These are the professionals trained for the assessment and treatment of various Speech and Hearing Disorders. They should have the following qualification:
- B.Sc. (Hons )Speech and Hearing/B.Sc. Speech and Hearing/Bachelor in Audiology and speech language Pathology(BASLP)
- M.Sc. Speech Language Pathology/M.Sc. Speech and Hearing/ MASLP
- Certified by Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)
There is a cyst of size 2.7 * 3.1* 2.3 cm in my left ovary .My age is 25 years. This I came to know after I underwent a sonography of abdomen for some other reason. My periods are regular but I have pain and commuting on first day of period onset but this has been the case for almost 7 years and going told me no to worry unless my periods are regular. Please let me know about this cyst that I discovered recently .is it something to worry?
नियमित ध्यान करने से न केवल शरीर निरोग रहता है बल्कि इससे आपके सेक्स लाइफ में नयी जान भी आती है । अगर आप किसी प्रकार की सेक्स समस्या से जूझ रहे हैं तब मेडीटेशन के जरिये इसमें सुधार ला सकते हैं। यानी यह सेक्स लाइफ का मजा लेने के लिए भी आप योग कर सकते हैं ।
जिन लोगों की सेक्स में रूचि न हो, शीघ्रपतन की समस्या हो, उनके लिए ध्यान एक अच्छा विकल्प हो सकता है । मेडीटेशन किसी भी चीज पर फोकस करने के लिए किया जाता है । रोजाना सुबह के समय या शाम के समय खुली हवा में कम से कम 15 मिनट से 30 मिनट तक मेडीटेशन करें । इससे आपकी सेक्स में भी रूचि बढ़गी और आप सेक्स के दौरान नर्वस भी नहीं होंगे । इस लेख में विस्तार से जानिये ध्यान कैसे आपकी सेक्स लाइफ में नयी जान लाता है ।
1. खुद का अनुभव कराना
ध्यान लगाने से आप खुद को प्यार करना सीखते हैं । रिश्तों को मजबूत बनाने के साथ-साथ आपसी प्यार को बढ़ावा देने के लिए बहुत जरूरी है कि आप सबसे पहले खुद को प्यार करना सीखें । जब आप खुद को प्यार करेंगे तब अपने ऊपर अधिक ध्यान देंगे, इससे आपका शरीर स्वस्थ रहेगा । इसके अलावा इस तरह से बेड पर आप अपने पार्टनर से भी अच्छे से पेश आयेंगे और उसे अधिक प्यार करेंगे ।
2. स्थिरता सिखाता है
ध्यान आपको एक जगह पर स्थिर रहना सिखाता है, बेहतर सेक्स के लिए यह बहुत ही जरूरी बात है । जीवन की झंझावतों और उलझनों में आपका दिमाग हमेश कहीं न कहीं भटकता रहता है जिससे बेड पर सेक्स संबंध बनाते वक्त आप साथी पर अधिक जोर नहीं दे पाते । जबकि नियमित रूप से ध्यान लगाने से आपका दिमाग एक जगह स्थिर रहता है और बेड पर आप अपने और पार्टनर के बारे में ही सोचते हैं ।
3. सांस लेना सिखाता है
सेक्स संबंध एक व्यायाम की तरह है जिसमें सांसों की गति बढ़ जाती है, अगर आप एक्टिव नहीं हैं तो जल्दी थककर चूर हो जाते हैं । जबकि ध्यान आपको सांस लेना भी सिखाता है जो सेक्स के दौरान बहुत जरूरी है । ध्यान लगाते वक्त आप गहरी सांसें लेते हैं और यही काम अगर आप बेड पर करते हैं तब आपको यौन संबंध के दौरान समस्या नहीं होती ।
4. महसूस करना सिखाता है
ध्यान आपको फैसले के बिना पार्टनर की फीलिंग्स को महसूस करना सिखाता है । अगर कभी सेक्स के दौरान कोई समस्या आ जाये या फिर आपका पार्टनर किसी कारण वश आपका साथ न दे पाये तो उसके लिए आपके मन में गलत भावना पैदा हो सकती है । जबकि ध्यान यह सिखाता है कि अगर आपको शारीरिक सुख नहीं मिला तो कोई बात नहीं मानसिक सुख ही बहुत है । यह दिमाग से नहीं दिल से जोड़ने में मदद करता है ।
5. तनाव से बचाता है
सेक्स लाइफ का सबसे बड़ा दुश्मन तनाव भी है, तनाव के कारण सेक्स संबंधित समस्या भी हो सकती है । अगर आप तनाव में रहेंगे तब आपके दिमाग में सेक्स के लिए जिम्मेदार हार्मोन का स्राव शायद ही हो पाये जिसके कारण आप सेक्स में उतनी रुचि नहीं ले पाते हैं और आपको सुख नहीं मिलता । लेकिन ध्यान तनाव और अवसाद से दिमाग को दूर रखता है जो कि सेक्स लाइफ में नई जान फूंकने के लिए जरूरी है ।
अगर आप किसी भी प्रकार की यौन समस्या से ग्रस्त हैं या बेड पर चरम आनंद नहीं पाते तो आपको अपनी दिनचर्या में मेडीटेशन को शामिल करना चाहिए ।
Thalassemia patients should not be given iron-rich foods as they may lead to other problems. Oysters, pork, beans, liver, peanut butter, beef, tofu, flour tortillas, cream of wheat, infant cereal, watermelon, prunes, peas, spinach, raisins, broccoli, and green leafy vegetables all fall under this category.
A nutrient extremely important for thalassemia patients is calcium. Due to the affliction, bones tend to become weak and fragile and as such, calcium rich foods are highly recommended to strengthen the skeletal system of the body. Foods high in iron content are dairy products, almonds, hazel nuts, sesame seeds, sardines, salmon, apricots, figs, oranges, currants, soy beans, white bread, white rice, kale cabbages, cauliflowers, beet, carrots, celery, alfalfa sprouts, turnips, cucumbers, garlic, lettuce, tomatoes, green chillies, potatoes, apples, cranberries, pomegranates, strawberries, pineapples, lemons, and acai berries, among others.
- You must include vitamin d in the diet of thalassemia patients as vitamin d helps in absorption and assimilation of calcium in the body. Some such foods are cod liver oil and soy milk.
- Along with the specific diet, there are certain home remedies that may abate the symptoms of thalassemia.
- The best home remedy to cure thalassemia is to consume a healthy and balanced diet to enhance the immunity of the body. Also, it helps prevent and cure weakness and fatigue, the prime symptoms of thalassemia.
- Intake of foods rich in folic acid also helps alleviate the signs of thalassemia. Some such foods are lentils, egg yolk, dried beans, sweet potato, wholegrain bread, soya products, split peas, nuts, brussel sprouts, bananas and peaches, among others.
- Two glasses of milk everyday helps cure thalassemia. Apart from milk, other dairy products that may be consumed on a regular basis are cheese, yogurt and butter.
- You must avoid junk food as these foods interfere with the normal functionality of the body, making it fragile and weak. You must avoid carbonated or aerated drinks as well as canned or tinned foods (attributed to their high content of preservatives).
- Another effective remedy is to consume a teaspoon of honey, twice a day. You may mix honey in milk and consume it regularly.
- Certain yoga poses make your muscles and bones stronger. However, there is a disclaimer here. Such exercises should not be performed until advised by a doctor and must be carried out under the supervision of a certified yoga trainer.
- Another effective remedy to relieve the symptoms of thalassemia is to consume ginger. Ginger serves to enhance the immunity of the body as well as enhance the appetite.
- You may include lemonade in your diet to regulate a variety of processes and mechanisms in the body, helping alleviate the signs of thalassemia.
- Minor habits like maintaining good hygiene can go a long way in protecting a thalassemia patient from other infections which would worsen the condition.
- Apart from the regular home remedies, you may deploy herbal treatment to cure thalassemia. Some of the herbs used for curing thalassemia are:
- Folate or folic acid is a component of vitamin b-complex and helps alleviate the symptoms of thalassemia. As such, you may consume certain herbs which supplements folate in the diet. Some such herbs are red clover leaves, nettle leaves, and oatstraw, among others.
- You may also provide thalassemia patients with zinc supplements as some of them have low zinc level in the body, hindering normal cell metabolism and lowering general body immunity. Some of the herbs rich in zinc content are alfalfa, rose hips, parsley, dandelion, chickweed and burdock root, among others.
- You may also employ homeopathic techniques to cure the affliction, which involves intake of highly diluted preparation made of plant tinctures, stimulating the natural healing process.
Hi have a 30 days menstrual cycle from last six months. Before that, sometimes I have received few delayed problem (60 days). Last month me and my husband was ttc and we did intercourse on 13-16th day after period (14 Nov, 2017 was last period day. I you sell get sore breast after ovulation. But this month it did not happened. I don't have any pregnancy signs. Negative pregnancy test on 20 Dec. Still no period not started. Should I consult a doctor?
Your heart isn't one of the most important organs of your body, just like that. But it is nowadays, in constant danger with the rampant growth of heart disease, a leading cause of deaths around the world. Apart from your lifestyle choices, what you consume on a regular basis has a huge impact on the health of your heart. Unhealthy foods are the main reason the world is fatter and sicker than ever before. Surprisingly, some of these foods are considered healthy by many people.
Here are 6 health foods that are really junk foods in disguise:
- Processed 'Low-Fat' and 'Fat-Free' Foods: The 'war' on saturated fats is the biggest mistake in the history of nutrition. It was based on weak evidence, which has now been completely debunked. When this started, processed food manufacturers jumped on the bandwagon and started removing the fat from foods. But there is a huge problem, food tastes horrible when the fat has been removed. That's why they added a whole bunch of sugar to compensate. Saturated fat is harmless, but added sugar is incredibly harmful when consumed in excess. The words 'low-fat' or 'fat-free' on a packaging usually mean that it is a highly processed product that is loaded with sugar.
- Fruit Juices, Which are Basically Just Liquid Sugar: A lot of people believe fruit juices to be healthy. They must be, because they come from fruit, right? But a lot of the fruit juices you find in the supermarket isn't really fruit juice. Sometimes, there isn't even any actual fruit in there, just chemicals that taste like fruit. What you are drinking is basically just fruit flavoured sugar water. That being said, even if you are drinking 100% quality fruit juice, it is still a bad idea. Fruit juice is like fruit, except with all the good stuff (like the fibre) taken out, the main thing left of the actual fruit is the sugar. If you didn't know, fruit juice actually contains a similar amount of sugar as a sugar sweetened beverage.
- Heart Healthy & Whole Wheat: Most whole wheat products are not really made from whole wheat. The grains have been pulverized into very fine flour, making them raise blood sugar just as fast as their refined counterparts. In fact, whole wheat bread can have a similar glycemic index as white bread. But even true whole wheat may be a bad idea, because modern wheat is unhealthy as compared to the wheat our grandparents ate. There are studies showing that modern wheat may cause inflammation and increased cholesterol levels, at least when compared to the older varieties. Whereas, wheat may have been a relatively healthy grain back in the day, the stuff most people are eating today is best avoided.
- Margarine: Butter was demonized back in the day, due to the high saturated fat content. Various health experts started promoting margarine instead. Back in the day, margarine used to be high in trans fats. These days, it has less trans fats than before, but is still loaded with refined vegetable oils. Margarine is not a food, it is an assembly of chemicals and refined oils that have been made to look and taste like food. If you want to improve your health, eat real butter, but avoid processed margarine and other fake foods like the plague.
- Vegetable Oils: We are often advised to eat seed and vegetable oils. This includes Soybean oil, Canola oil and numerous others. This is based on the fact that these oils have been shown to lower blood cholesterol levels, at least in the short term. However, it is important to keep in mind that blood cholesterol is a risk factor and not a disease in itself. Even though vegetable oils can improve a risk factor, there is no guarantee that they will help prevent actual hard endpoints like heart attacks or death, which is what really counts. In fact, several controlled trials have shown that despite lowering cholesterol, these oils can increase the risk of death from both heart disease and cancer. So eat healthy, natural fats like ghee, cold pressed coconut oil, cold pressed sesame oil, cold pressed mustard oil and olive oil, but avoid processed vegetable oils as if your life depended on it (it does).
- Most Processed Breakfast Cereals: The way some breakfast cereals are marketed, is a disgrace. Many of them, including those that are marketed towards children, have all sorts of health claims plastered on the box. This includes misleading things like 'whole grain' or 'low fat'. But when you actually look at the ingredients list, you see that it is almost nothing, but refined grains, sugar and artificial chemicals. The truth is, if the packaging of a food says that it is healthy, then it probably is not. The truly healthy foods are those that do not need any health claims like whole, single ingredient foods. Real food doesn't even need an ingredient list, because real food is the ingredient.
Had sex on 7th november, and on 15th I had my period, in which I had clots also, it was a 4-5 days period, after that on 12th december was my next date, but I didn't have period yet, I have tested via prega news on 13th december, the result came negative. The question is why I am not having my periods yet. What could be the reason, when will it happen. I had cramping on 15th, and on 15th and 16th there was a mucus and some secretions flow from vagina, but yet no periods, is there a chance of pregnancy. But the result came negative, please tell me. I tested prega news like 4 times, today also I tested but the result came negative, and also still there is a white discharge, its getting flow like a period.
According to the reports published by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, over 73% of older people belonging to the age group 60-69 years are affected by a number of health disorders. As you age, your body and immune system undergoes several changes due to various reasons - hormonal imbalance, change in eating habits, lifestyle changes, and underlying medical conditions. Among several old-age health conditions, the commonly observed ones are -
- Sciatica- this condition occurs when the sciatic nerves are strained by bone spurs on the vertebrae or a herniated disk in the spine. It is characterized by a constant sharp pain in the lower back along the sciatic nerve. You may feel the pain one side of your leg or hip.
Role of homeopathy in treating old-age problems-
Homeopathy is considered the most frequently used alternative form of medicine for treating old-age problems/disorders, and rightly so. This branch of medicine uses natural substances to stimulate palliative reactions in individuals suffering from orthopedic or nephrology disorders. Homeopathic treatment depends on the symptoms and severity of the condition. Owing to its safety and efficacy, homeopathic drugs like Arnica, Nux vomica etc are a preferred choice of treatment.
Homeopathy drugs are non-addictive and gentle without any adverse effects. They not only help reduce symptoms of old-age problems, but also help you regain overall health. Once you recover from the disease, you will continue to experience long-lasting positive effect on your health.
These natural remedies rejuvenate your body naturally. Self-medication can be harmful. Take homeopathic medication under guidance of good qualified homeopathic physician only as they are aware of pathological and physiological changes of your body and adjust doses and treatment accordingly.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Do it yourself (DIY) are the simple test and procedures that enables you to know the probability of getting a particular disease condition. You can say the test itself a life saving technique and act like a warning signal. In series of posts I will tell you how to test for a particular condition by your own.
1) DIY for cardiovascular disease
"Simple sit and reach test is a good predictor of arterial flexibility"
DIY test for stiff arteries:
A) sit on the floor with your leg straight
B) Your toes should point towards the ceiling
C) Bend from your hips, stretch your arm and try to touch the toes
D) Inability to perform the activity is an indicator that you may have stiff arteries which are the reason of many cardiovascular diseases