Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amul MahajanYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, Pregnancy test is +ve, it's thru IVF, FET transfer done (3 day 8cells grade 2) on 16th july, LMD 24th June. Have done SONOGRAPHY today 26/9/2016 CRL MEASURES 5.2 cms corresponds to 12 weeks 5 days SINGLE INTRAUTERINE GESTATIONAL SAC NOTED WITH FOETAL POLE IS SEEN OS CLOSED OVARY NORMAL NO FREE FLUID IN CULDESAC Taking doxinate @nyte Rantac twice daily Progynova thrice -(2-2-3) daily which gt STOPPED AT 12TH WEEK Crinone gel - twice Susten injection on every 4th day When to stop progesterone support?
I am having irregular periods for 1 year my periods come in two months and when they come I notice clot of blood also coming out so please can you tel me about clots in periods and how can they be dissolve and how can I have regular periods in a month.
Pregnancy can be a tricky time for most women, although it is not a pathological condition. One must be prepared for pregnancy with the best of health in the pre pregnancy period. This also includes women who are suffering from diabetes. The complications during pregnancy and delivery increase manifold if one has not controlled the glucose and blood sugar levels before getting pregnant. So read on to know more about coping with pregnancy if you happen to have diabetes.
Complications: Pregnancy with diabetes can cause severe complications if the blood sugar levels are not controlled properly before pregnancy. This can cause the diabetes to become even worse in the long run, with the onset of various other related ailments like kidney disease, heart disease, eye problems and more. It can also increase the risk of premature delivery, and too much birth weight of the baby as well as low glucose levels right after the baby’s birth. Further, one can also lose the baby to a miscarriage due to excessively high blood sugar levels. This can also affect the glucose and blood sugar level of the baby as the glucose passes through the body.
Related conditions: If you happen to have high blood sugar levels, then you and your baby can get affected in an adverse way. To begin with, you may come down with severe depression regarding how you will be able to manage your diabetes and pregnancy together, and also due to the implications of the condition after the birth of the baby. It can also cause a condition called Preeclampsia in which the pregnant woman’s blood pressure becomes high and too much protein starts to pass from the urine, which can also result in frequent urination and life threatening defects and problems for you and the baby. In such cases, you will have to be hospitalised and the baby will need to be delivered via a C section or a Caesarean Section.
Planning ahead: If you know that you are trying to conceive, the best way is to be fully prepared well in advance. This includes planning ahead for managing the blood sugar levels and keeping the risk of other ailments at bay. You can start by losing excessive weight and seek treatment to bring down the blood sugar levels. Exercising and watching your diet are also some good ways to ensure that your Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes is in control.
Medical Team: It is pertinent to be in touch with your medical team on a constant basis. This team should include the obstetrician and gynaecologist as well as your regular doctor to whom you can report any changes.
Keep health close to your heart when you are pregnant by taking care of all existing ailments.
I had sex with my fiance on 4th day of my period i.e. On 9th July. I was supposed to have my periods on 2nd Aug but I still haven't got my periods yet on 7th Aug. What are the chance of getting pregnant? I put on 5 kgs weight since last month. Is there any possibility of period delay because of gaining weight. I do not want to get pregnant now. Please suggest me medicines to avoid pregnancy or getting my periods.
Salt craving refers to the craving for food that contains excessive amount of sodium. When a person is more inclined towards the consumption of high sodium food, or you find him or her sprinkling extra table salt over the food, then that person is probably craving for salt. There can be a number of reasons behind a sudden or chronic craving for salt, and they can be:
- Low Sodium Level: One and the foremost reason for a salt craving could be low level of sodium in the body. This can usually lead to neurological disorders and hypertension, if it is not treated on time. One of the primary symptoms of a system suffering from sodium depletion is excessive sweating which can lead to further loss of water and sodium from the body. This can also happen due to stress or a lot of physical exertion. One must keep drinking water in order to replenish one’s reserves, during a workout or any sports activities.
- Addison’s Disease: This is another condition that can lead to salt cravings. In this condition, the body goes through a fluid imbalance because the adrenal glands do not secrete the required hormones in the appropriate quantity. This also leads to excretion of urinary sodium, which can also cause symptoms like dehydration and pain in the abdomen. When these hormones are not secreted properly, the kidneys cannot regulate the sodium level which can lead to high sodium cravings. Therefore, one must get a proper diagnosis done with urine and other lab tests so that any damage involving the kidneys can be studied and reported.
- Menstrual Cycle: There are a number of hormonal changes that happen when women go through their menstrual cycle or monthly period. When a woman is going through bleeding as well as ovulation, the hormones that are released can cause one to crave sodium rich food. This is because these hormones can cause an alteration of the taste buds.
- Opiate Withdrawal: Patients who are addicted to opiates and are going through withdrawal symptoms after they have stopped the consumption of opiates end up going through severe sodium cravings. This kind of addiction is usually caused by neurological reactions within the brain. This happens when the sodium and pleasure seeking centre of the brain gets stimulated.
How to Treat Salt Cravings: To begin with, one will have to get all the tests done so as o find out the exact cause of the sudden cravings. Also, it is imperative to bring down your intake of sodium and specially processed food, which is usually very high when it comes to sodium content. One should not have more than 2400 Mg of table salt in a day, as per varied medical reports. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I AM 6Weeks pregnant as per my last LMP. I am on thyroxine sodium 100mcg dosage. My doc has advised me susten SR 200mg tabs daily. Is it necessary to take this hormone tab? I m confused as many internet websites claim that it has serious side effects and is banned in western countries. please advice.
i dint get menses on 26/02/2015 to till now, i have little bleeding on that date, till now bleeding did not come. And some pain occurred in my stomach. What is the problem? and give the suggestion.
As we celebrate the Doctors’ day today, I wish to take this opportunity to hand over the 3 mantras to happiness. We all lead a very stressful life. Many of us have medical issues like hypertension, diabetes, cholesterol issues and so on. What should we do or should we have done rather so that we wouldn’t suffer from these lifestyle diseases?
As the maxim goes, you are what you eat. I would like to stress here that, diet is the single most important factor in our life which determines our longevity and disease pattern. Hence, it is important to eat right. Our diet should have a mix of about 40% complex carbohydrates like oats, whole wheat, brown bread, ragi, semolina and so on. High quality proteins should contribute 30% of our diet. Eggs, chicken, fish, meat, dal and pulses are good examples. Fats especially MUFA and PUFA should make 20% of the diet. Classic examples are sunflower oil, olive oil, rice bran oil. Avoid saturated fats, trans fats, margarine, ghee and butter. Pastry, Khari biscuits, toasts, cookies are rich in unhealthy saturated fats; hence best avoided. We should consume at least 3 servings of fruit daily. This is important because fruits are rich in vitamins, fibre and anti-oxidants.
A rested mind in a rested body is the best state of happiness. We need to sleep at least 7 to 8 hours daily. The body recharges during the rest and makes it ready for the next day aggressions. With the smartphone entering our bedroom, the sleep pattern has been disturbed. We end up sleeping late while checking Whats App messages and so on. As a result the total sleep duration goes down and we get up in an irritable and sleep deprived state. Such a state is not conducive to healthy work the next day. Avoid checking smartphone apps and messages, reading newspapers just before sleeping and avoid tea/coffee/caffeine in any form post 7pm. This will make sure we sleep on time and get up on time.
This is the last and the most important mantra that can lead to ultimate bliss and happiness. We need to exercise at least 30 min daily for 5 days a week. This can be aerobic exercises like cycling, swimming, jogging, running and so on. Weight lifting for 45 min daily for about 5 days a week is ideal to build a well sculpted and muscular beach body that we all want. Exercising keeps our joints mobile, conditions our heart to strain, releases growth hormone and testosterone which keep you young. Endorphins released in the brain during the exercise make you feel good as though you are on the seventh sky.
I hope readers would take these mantras seriously and implement them religiously all through. This will go a long way in keeping our population happy and reach nirvana! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
HI, I just missed my periods by 4-5 days and it had never happened before. I had one urine test as well but that was negative, I consulted with one of the leading gone but she advised me to wait for some more days and then again have urine test but I am very not sure why my PMS are delayed.
Hi How I clean my vagina everyday. My Vagina always is wet. Please help and should i clean it daily ?
My Wife , Age-33. We are now in Silchar, Dist. Cachar, Assam, My problem is she feel always weak when at bed time i.E, night. I have 2 child. My daughter age 11 and my son age-3 year. So please suggest me and also give solution.
Hello doctor. I am experiencing spotting is brown color discharge 6-7 days before my actual period timings. Kindly guide.
Last month on 4th feb 2017 my periods ended. I had sex on 7th feb 2017. I took i-pill within 6 hrs after sex. I got a bleeding of dark brown or black color on 17th feb 2017. It continued for 2-3 days. I have not got periods till today. Its been more than a month.& there are no signs of pregnancy also. What should I do now? Please help.
Hi this is rakshitha here I have a problem regarding I did not get my periods yet. Last I got on 5th september I have consult doctor regarding irregular periods so they told I have a PCOD.
1. तारपीन: कमर तक गुनगुने पानी में बैठे और पेडू (नाभि) पर सेक करने के बाद तारपीन के तेल की मालिश करने से मासिक-धर्म की पीड़ा नष्ट हो जाती है।
2. बबूल: लगभग 250 ग्राम बबूल की छाल को जौकूट यानी पीसकर 2 लीटर पानी में पकाकर काढ़ा बना लें। जब यह 500 मिलीलीटर की मात्रा में रह जाए तो योनि में पिचकारी देने से मासिक-धर्म जारी हो जाता है और उसकी पीड़ा भी शान्त हो जाती है।
3. कालीमिर्च: कालीमिर्च एक ग्राम, रीठे का चूर्ण 3 ग्राम दोनों को कूटकर जल के साथ सेवन करने से आर्तव (माहवारी) की पीड़ा (दर्द) नष्ट हो जाती है।
4. अजवायन: अजवायन, पोदीना, इलायची व सौंफ इन चारों का रस समान मात्रा में लेकर लगभग 50 ग्राम की मात्रा में मासिकस्राव के समय पीने से आर्तव (माहवारी) की पीड़ा नष्ट हो जाती है।
5. रीठा: मासिकस्राव के बाद वायु का प्रकोप होने से स्त्रियों का मस्तिष्क शून्य हो जाता है। आंखों के आगे अंधकार छा जाता है। दांतों की बत्तीसी भिड़ जाती है। इस समय रीठे को पानी में घिसकर झाग (फेन) बनाकर आंखों में अंजन लगाने से तुरन्त वायु का असर दूर होकर स्त्री स्वस्थ हो जाती है।
6. मूली: जब मासिक-धर्म खुलकर न आए तब ऐसी दशा में मूली के बीजों का चूर्ण 4-4 ग्राम की मात्रा में सुबह, दोपहर और शाम सेवन करें। यदि मासिक धर्म बंद हो गया हो, कई महीनों से नहीं आया हो तो मूली, सोया, मेथी और गाजर के बीजों को समान मात्रा में लेकर 4-4 ग्राम की मात्रा में खाकर ऊपर से ताजा पानी पीने से बंद मासिक धर्म खुलकर आता है। मासिक धर्म की कमी के कारण यदि मुंहासे निकलते हों तो प्रात:समय पत्तों सहित एक मूली रोजाना खाएं।
मूली रज (मासिक-धर्म) और वीर्य पुष्ट करती है। श्वेत प्रदर के रोग को दूर करने में भी यह सहायक है।
7. अदरक: मासिक-धर्म के कष्ट में सोंठ और पुराने गुड़ का काढ़ा बनाकर रोगी को पिलाना लाभकारी होता है। ध्यान रहे कि ठण्डे पानी और खट्टी चीजों से परहेज रखें।
8. मेथी: रजोनिवृति के रोग में मेथी को खाने से लाभ मिलता है।
9. गुड़हल: 6-12 ग्राम गुड़हल के फलों का चूर्ण कांजी के साथ दिन में 2 बार सेवन करने से मासिक-धर्म की परेशानी दूर हो जाती है।
10. केसर: लगभग 1 ग्राम का चौथा भाग केसर को दूध में मिलाकर दिन में 2 से 3 बार पीने से मासिक-धर्म के समय दर्द में आराम मिलता है।
11. भांग: मासिक-धर्म के आने से पहले पेट को शुद्ध कर देना चाहिए, फिर गांजा को दिन में 3 बार देते रहने पर माहवारी (मासिक-धर्म) के समय दर्द कम हो जाता है और मासिक-धर्म भी नियमित होने लगता है।