Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amul MahajanYour feedback matters!
I am 9 month pregnant k (due date 9 august) and my amniotic fluid level is bit less around 10.7 last month (June) I am taking Gyargin powder for increasing fuild level. (From last 7 days) and my baby weight is around 2.5 from last week to this week (my baby 's weight not increased in last week ). Is there any complication in delivery or these are normal and I can deliver my baby normally. I don't want to have c section. What are chances of my normal delivery. Other information Hemoglobin is 12.3 Pwd (IR) 19.7.
I am a polysystic ovarian patient. Is there any chance to get conceived. I have take pills to periods. Does it affect badly for the baby.
I am 20 years and I suffer from severe abdominal pain during my menstruation. Suggest me some medicine.
I am 31 year old. I am being treated for pcod and prescribed dianne35. I had unprotected sex with my bf on 5th day of my cycle. He had not ejaculated inside me. I started the pills from 6th day of the cycle. My cycle is of 34 days. I have not got my my periods. Is there a possibility of me getting pregnant. What should I do? I got spot bleeding along with pain in limbs and stomach and then no flow no pain. Am I pregnant. How far is home test kit reliable?
I am 29, married for 3 years and I am suffering from endometriosis and my left fallopian tube is blocked. I am also taking 75 mg tablet for thyroid. Currently I am on AKT3 treatment from last 2-3 month. My doctor suggest me for the laparoscopy. So is it the last option for endo. Treatment? Also after laparoscopy is it possible to go for IVF.
Me and my gf had sex unprotected and due to that she had taken ipill. After that we again had sex but after 5- 8 day and she again had taken ipill so she had take it twice a month. Then she started having her periods which was unusual as she had already had her period for that month and also having itching during the periods and now she had started having pain in her thigh and a little swelling and she smoke also. I am really worried so please help me.
Hello. My wife has cyst in rght overy. So ita effects in pregnancy? If yes den ita der medicine to avoid cyst?
Hi Doctor, I had taken an Ipill on 3rd May (14th day of my menstrual cycle). I didn't have any bleeding till 17th May. My period was due on 19th May. I always had regular 28 days cycle. On 17th May, I started having brown scanty flow. On the same day, doctor had done advanced UPT at the hospital which was negative Then, for next 2 days I had red period like flow which was heavy. My usual periods lasts for 5 days. So, do I still need to take UPT? Or, I am not at risk now?
Dr. I am 20 years old female and I am married for 2 years but not yet conceived although we r not using any contraception.
What is Labour?
Labour and delivery are demarcated by the end of the pregnancy when a woman delivers the child or more than one child and it leaves the uterus. Normally, the gestation period for humans is somewhere around 37 weeks to 42 weeks. In most developed countries, the deliveries happen in hospitals, where as in developing as well as under developed countries, births happen at home under the supervision of traditional birth attendant, called the midwife.
Stages of Labour:
Vaginal delivery is the most common form of childbirth. Labour consists of three stages
- The opening and shortening of the cervix: Lasts from 12 to 19 hours
- Coming down of the baby and its birth: 20 minutes to 2 hours
- Expulsion of the placenta: Varies from 5 to 30 minutes
In the first stage, your abdominal muscles will begin to cramp associated with back pain. These cramps can be of durations of half a minute, about 10 minutes apart. These contractions start coming closer and become more intense as the second stage starts closing in. During the second stage, you may have to push along with the contractions to help give birth to your baby. Most babies are born head-first, although there are cases, when the baby is born buttocks first or legs first. This is commonly called “breeching”. In the third stage, it recommended to cut the umbilical cord and ensure that the placenta is entirely removed from the uterus or it may cause complications later.
The onset of labour is marked by the expulsion of the amniotic fluid and then the contractions begin to set in. Most women can walk around and eat food during labour, but when the contractions start to get too painful, it is suggested to get help and have someone around during that time. It is not recommended to push during the first phase, but then it becomes essential to push from the second stage onwards. Your gynaecologist will be able to tell you which stage of labour you are in by looking at the dilation of your cervix. As soon as you start to feel your contractions kicking in, you must contact a gynaecologist or your birthing attendant.
It is very vital to prevent the onset of disease, before it can turn your life upside down. One of the most popular forms of alternative medicine, Unani stresses on the importance of prevention of diseases. Here are the six essential prerequisites that have been laid down by the Unani system for promotion of good health and overall well-being:
- Air: Good and clean air is vital in order to maintain good health. Today, many people are affected with several diseases due to excessive levels of pollution in our environment. A famous Arab physician named Avicenna once stated that a change in environment relieves the patients of many diseases. Unani medicine emphasizes the need for open and airy houses with a proper system of ventilation to keep diseases at bay.
- Food and drinks: You are what you eat and drink. So, make healthy choices in your diet to stay disease-free. The Unani system recommends intake of freshly prepared food, free from putrefaction. It specializes in prescribing diets according to the health condition of the individual.
- Bodily movement and repose: Physical movement and staying active is also very important to maintain good health. Unani medicine continuously stresses on the importance of exercise that helps the growth of muscles, increases blood supply, and maintains proper functioning of the excretory system.
- Psychic movement and repose: The Unani system has extensively documented the impact of psychological factors on our well-being. Happiness, sorrow, anger and stress play a key role in the treatment and prevention of disease. In fact, there is a separate branch of psychological treatment in Unani medicine that helps to deal with it.
- Sleep and wakefulness: Sleep provides rest, both physically and mentally. Lack of it can cause fatigue, digestive disturbances and mental weakness. A normal sleep time and active time of wakefulness are advocated for good health.
- Evacuation and retention: The waste products of the body must be properly excreted and all the essential nutrients should be retained in the blood flow. Without proper functioning of the excretory system, toxins build up in the body, leading to sickness and disease.
These essential prerequisites, referred to as Asbab-e-Sitta Zarooriya, are given utmost importance in Unani medicine. This system employs these basic principles in their therapy, which constitutes of the following:
- Diet therapy – Regulation of quantity or quality of food
- Regimental therapy – Takes care of evacuation of waste material from the body using various means
- Pharmacotherapy – Use of natural drugs and combinations in their formulations with minimal side effects
My wife is in pregnancy of 8 months she's B-ve blood group her child is normal but child is covered with cord around the neck and doctor recommend may for operation .Is there any danger for mother during Operation or in delivery of child can you please help me out what is the exact procedure I have to follow next ? THANKS.
My vaginal secretions usually increases during intercourse, Which makes my partner dissatisfied during that period. I want a tight vagina. What to do?
Sir please help me. Yesterday me and my gf (would be wife) having sex. I had used condom but unfortunately the condom got bursted and my orgasm went into hers. It was the 3rd day after her period. Any chance of pregnancy.
The gallbladder is the organ in your body that stores and releases bile.
Bile aids in the digestive process. Although a small organ, problems with your gallbladder can be painful. While there are no specific foods that will keep your gallbladder healthy and functioning, a healthy lifestyle and a diet rich in fruits and vegetables is recommended for gallbladder health.
If you are concerned about your gallbladder,
enrich your diet with fruits and vegetables…
Eating a primarily plant-based diet will help feed your body the vitamins and nutrients it craves. Consuming more fruits and vegetables will also help you to cut out other junk food you normally eat.
There are several recipes that can help relieve the pain caused by gallbladder stones.
In fact, studies indicate that drinking liquids is more beneficial than eating, during a gallbladder stone attack.
Gallbladder stones are quite a serious problem, which should not be treated lightly or ignored. It is advisable to have a doctor monitor all instances of gallbladder stones. It is also best to consult a doctor before switching over to a gallbladder stone diet or any other diet for that matter.
Any kind of pain, fever and discomfort should be given immediate medical attention.
Certain foods to be avoided, in case of gall bladder disease are fried foods, pork, eggs, fowl, corn, beans, oranges and nuts. Green leafy vegetables, such as collard, kale and mustard seem to be disadvantageous to certain individuals.
To maintain gallbladder health, adhere to the rules of heart health. Avoid eating foods that are high in cholesterol, saturated or trans fats. This means stay away from junk food and animal products such as red meat.
The most common gallstone that can develop is one made up of cholesterol.
If you limit the amount of cholesterol in your body, you will also reduce your risk for gallstones.