Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amrita Verty
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amrita VertyYour feedback matters!
I have a white discharge problem last 4 to 5 days I am doing fast whole day I have pain in my lower stomach and back pls help me out what should I do I had consult with doctor she is given me Tab happi 2 mg. Nutrine b plus and sucralfate 2tbs and clings forte vaginal penatry for 7 days pls tel me this is write or what.
You may develop a form of diabetes during pregnancy, which is known as gestational diabetes. The condition usually goes away after childbirth. During pregnancy, hormonal changes within the body may cause the blood sugar level to rise. This condition affects the developing fetus as well, as the baby receives nutrients from your blood. The baby may store the extra sugar as fat and may grow unusually large.
How gestational diabetes affects the baby
Owing to the abnormally large size, the baby may be at risk of facing several complications, if you have gestational diabetes. Your baby may be affected in the following ways:
1. There may be injuries during birth due to the large size.
2. Low blood sugar level and mineral level during birth.
3. Jaundice, which is a condition which turns the skin to yellow.
4. The baby may be born prematurely.
5. Breathing problems which are temporary.
6. The baby will be at a higher risk of obesity later in life.
How gestational diabetes affects the mother
The chances of several pregnancy complications get enhanced due to gestational diabetes. The possible risks are as follows:
1. Chances of undergoing a C-section
2. Chances of miscarriage
4. Pre-term birth
5. After giving birth, the mother has high chances of developing type 2 diabetes.
How to manage gestational diabetes?
You can follow several tips and must undergo lifestyle changes for keeping your diabetes in control. These include the following:
2. Regular physical exercise is essential for the management of sugar levels. You should work out for at least 30 minutes every day.
3. Regular health check-ups are very important, especially for your baby after birth. These may include ultrasounds and nonstress tests.
4. Prescribed medication such as insulin and several others help in the management of blood sugar levels.
5. You must observe your blood sugar level properly. You should take a blood sugar test many times a day.
6. You should always watch your symptoms for any sign of blood sugar during pregnancy.
In case you are diagnosed with gestational diabetes, you must consult a doctor immediately. Managing this condition at an early stage will prevent your baby from being affected in several ways. The condition can be successfully managed and majority of women with gestational diabetes have regular vaginal births and produce healthy babies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 35 year, period is irregular due to polycystic ovaries. I have one son and planning for another, please suggest how to get pregnancy. Visited many gynaecologist but of no use. And help suggest me to reduce my weight.
I am 6 week pregnant and two days before I got a blood spot in the morning. After that nothing is there. I go to my doctor and she suggest me to do ultrasound. I am very worry. Please suggest urgently that is it safe to do ultrasound in early pregnancy. Please reply. Its urgent.
Can you tell me medicine to delay my periods for 2-3 days but without any side effects. And from when I should take it. Period cycle is 29-30 days. Patient is a mother and younger baby is 1 year old.
Please make sure you have no skin allergies particulary to bleaching agents such as chlorine. Any contact dermatitis could worsen on exposure to such waters. Always have a shower before entering the pool and make sure you use pools where this practice is followed. Always have a thorough shower after using the pool. Always use protective glasses to avoid conjunctivitis. Avoid swallowing water from the pool. If you want to spit make sure you do it outside the water or in the water collection system in the corners. If you develop any skin problems stop immediately and seek help.