Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Amrita VertyYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old and had a c-section 7 months back. Till now there are no periods. Came back to my pre pregnancy weight but remained with a fluffy tummy. What to do and suggest food to put on some weight.
The most common dietary problem that every vegetarian comes across is protein deficiency. It was a widely acknowledged fact that animal products are the best protein sources. However, it is no longer so, and vegetarians everywhere can now rejoice!
Here are the 13 best sources of protein for vegetarians:
- Green peas: Green peas are legumes, which are a very good protein source. They contain 7.9 grams of protein per serving.
- Quinoa: Grains usually contain very little protein, but quinoa is unique. It contains 8 grams of protein per serving; and contains all nine important amino acids that your body needs for repair and growth.
- Nuts and nut butter: Nuts are a good source of proteins and healthy fats. However, eat them with caution, as they do contain 160 calories per serving. Butter made from nuts like peanut butter and almond butter is also a good source of protein.
- Beans: Beans are available in a variety of colours and shapes, but all of them have one thing in common that is the high level of protein.
- Chickpeas: Chickpeas are also from the legume family, so they also contain high amounts of protein; 7.3 grams of protein in only half of a serving.
- Tofu and tempeh: Tempeh and tofu are both soy products and they have the highest amount of vegetarian proteins, about 15-20 grams per serving.
- Edamame: Edamame or soybean is excellent for snacking. They contain 8.4 grams of protein in just half a cup.
- Leafy greens: Vegetables usually do not contain much protein, but eating green vegetables will significantly add to your protein consumption. For example, you can eat one cup of cooked broccoli as that contains 8.1 grams of protein.
- Hemp: Blend hemp seeds in smoothies or baked goods to get your daily dose of protein. Hemp contains 10 grams of protein per tablespoon.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds contain 4.7 grams of protein per two tablespoons, making them excellent sources of protein.
- Seitan: This is a meat substitute made from wheat gluten and it contains 36 grams of protein per serving (about half a cup).
- Non-dairy milk: Milk made from soy (best non-dairy protein source), almond, rice and hemp are good dairy substitutes.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: This will surprise you, but bitter cocoa contains nearly 1 gram of protein per serving (1 tablespoon)! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am a 21 years female. Used mifepristone on nov 4.later ultrasonography showed no remnants of conception. Now I am having severe bleeding and abdominal pain. Plss help me out.
Respected sir, . Got married since two year having family planing before 2016. Bit now we are planing for a child. I was pregnant (42 days) but that was miscarriage due to the isue of measles before ten days. Now it is ok. Bleeding started on 22 march 2016. Now I am ok. There is any gap for next pregnancy. Pls help me.
I ws not having periods frm 3 months den I took meprate for 5 days nd within 7 days last months I got my periods nd bt dis month still now I did not get periods. A suggested suggested me to take evecare once in a day for 1 month bt I took it only for 5 days. What shall I do now? Should I start to take evecare again?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Resuming sex post pregnancy can take some time as the woman has to go through the initial phase of vaginal soreness and perpetual exhaustion before she can think of having sex. Whether a woman gives birth vaginally or through cesarian section, her body will require time to heal itself; and it is advisable to resume the intercourse only six weeks after childbirth.
Here are some of the common sex problems post-pregnancy.
1) An eager partner - Your partner might be ready for sexual intercourse but you are not. Even if it is six weeks after giving birth, when the wound inside has mostly healed and perhaps you're not sore anymore, you still may not want to have sex. This is because the hormones in your body are drastically changing, and the uterus is gradually shrinking and your episiotomy wound is progressively healing. In such situations, one should take it slow. Cuddling, kissing and spooning are some of the ways closeness can be fostered.
2) Delicate and tender breasts - Breasts may become sore, heavy and leaky due to nursing your baby. And it is natural after breastfeeding the whole day, one may wat them to be left alone at night. Wearing a nursing top or a tank top during sex is advised. Nursing your baby right before sex can also help as your breasts won't be as full and achy.
3) Sex won't feel the same - It is natural that after delivering a baby, sex won't feel exactly the same. This is because the vaginal muscles would be temporarily stretched out. And there is a chance of temporary soreness and inflammation within the vagina. Kegel exercises may help to get back on track.
So, in case you're a woman and felt strange about not being up for sex post your pregnancy, there's absolutely nothing to be stressed about. And men, if you are reading this tip, your woman needs you to understand her even more after her becoming a mother; so, treat her with utmost care.
Related Tip: Why Do Men and Women Respond Differently After Sex??
Hi I had sex with my gf last month still she didnt get menses even we used pills. So what is the best way to get menses.
My age is 28, Pregnancy test is positive, it's something around 1 month, could you suggest pill (unwanted kit) or any other options. Is there any side effects of pills?
Every month I am getting period on 26th, we are planning for baby, last month still m not get period, but when I did pregnancy test in pregnancy kit it's shows negative result, can I know what it mean, means I am pregnant r nt.
Adding some sea salt to your bath water can do wonders for your health. It not only rejuvenates you, but also helps in balancing the energies of your body. Here are some of the health benefits you can get by opting for a sea salt bath.
Sea salts contain traces of minerals like magnesium, bromide and potassium, which give your body a soothing feel and relieve aches. Immersing your body in warm salted water helps in eliminating muscle cramps and pain and relaxes you completely. Moreover, studies suggest that sea salt baths are beneficial for your psychological well being as well.
2. Elimination of harmful bacteria from your skin
The sodium chloride content of any salt makes it an effective disinfectant. When you bathe in water containing sea salt, it speeds up the healing process of minor cuts by killing the harmful bacteria and even helps the blood to clot.
3. Moisturized and thoroughly cleansed skin
Sea salts, when combined with warm water, help cleanse your skin deeply by opening skin pores and getting rid of impurities, oil and dirt accumulated on your skin. Sea salt contains magnesium, which not only keeps your skin hydrated, but also removes wrinkles and reduces the appearance of fine lines to give you younger looking skin.
4. Relief from rheumatologic conditions
When you mix some sea salt in your bath water, it provides for better blood circulation in your body, and hence, gives relief from rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis.
5. Healthy bones
Sea salts are rich in calcium, which makes a sea salt bath good for your bones too as it helps in strengthening them, thereby reducing the chances of developing osteoporosis.
Dissolving sea salt in your bath water aids in the better functioning of the lymph system of your body, which in turn helps in getting rid of the toxins and by-products of metabolism. More significantly, a sea salt bath can reduce swelling by removing the accumulation of fluids around your ankles, thighs and knees.
7. Treatment for common cold
A warm salt water bath proves to be an effective way of treating common cold as the combined effect of the temperature of the water and minerals present in sea salts improves your blood circulation.
Apart from these benefits, salt water baths are devoid of any types of side effects. So, don’t forget to mix some sea salt into your bath water to give your day a fresh and healthy beginning.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Dear sir/mam I am a pharmacist my wife is suffering for monnorhgia in a lsat 22 day she use contra pill for abuse the birth. So mam please suggest me what shud I do.
2. Intake of Junk Food
3.Lack of Exercise
Eating nutrient rich but low fat Diet helps in solving major problems.
My father about 60 years old and also a diabetic patient. He planned a trip to kashmir. There are so many distance cover by walking. I want to know some medicine name for body, waist,leg pain relief. Pls suggest some medicine with less side effect with dosage, pts has diabetes.
Are you observing bumps and lesions in and around your vagina? These are female genital sores, which may be painful, itchy, produce a discharge, and are very tender. These lumps and sores may occur due to skin disorders. Female genital sores mostly appear as a symptom of STIs or sexually transmitted infections. STIs are considered to be a hidden epidemic, which many women leave untreated because of embarrassment or fear.
Diagnosis of female genital sores
A physical examination is conducted for determining the cause of genital sores and lumps in females. A pelvic exam test will be undertaken and you will have to provide reports of your medical history. Certain tests such as blood work and a culture of the sore may be required as well. A culture involves taking a swab sample from the affected sore and testing it for detecting bacteria. After the cause of your genital sores is determined, an ideal treatment method is prescribed.
On observing the symptoms of genital sores, you can apply some self-care measures to treat them before you get to visit a doctor. You can try a sitz bath, which is effective for pain and discomfort relief. A sitz bath can be prepared at home by filling your bathtub with warm water, going up to your hips when you get immersed. You should add a mild saline solution or baking soda to the bathtub water. A small basin for a sitz bath can be purchased from a drug store.
- The method or treatment for genital sores and lumps depends on the cause.
- Certain topical oral medicines are used for treatment of the sores and for relieving pain.
- Other medications such as antibiotics, corticosteroids, pain relievers, antiviral medicines and several anti-itch drugs are also used.
- Some types of genital sores do not need treatment, but you should get them removed if they bother you. A noncancerous cyst is an example of such type of a sore.
- The long term outlook for genital sores in females depends on the cause, once again. Sores and lumps caused because of chronic skin conditions and genital herpes are likely to recur. The long term outlook also depends on how fast you get an existing STI treated.
For the prevention of female genital sores, you should practice protected sex by using condoms. This prevents the infection from spreading to the people you have sex with. It is also important for you to open up about your condition and seek proper treatment, if you experience symptoms.