Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
I am a child. I don't want to go to the school because I feel lazy every morning but after some time I will become very active that I want to attend the school but it will be too late by that time. Can you give me any suggestions what should I do?
My son is 16 years old but he is not interested in social occasions withdraws himself to talk to people, he does not concentrate , does not have much interest in life , very lazy or else he is very good person.
My daughter has just completed 7 years n last 2 weeks she is complaining while bathing that her nipples r paining even I can observe that her breast portion is growing. In this case what should I do?
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she cant keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My baby is born with brachial plexus birth injury. Now she is 6 months old, we have consulted few orthopedics n neurologists all they have said is go for surgery. Is that problem wont recover with physioteraphy? if we go for surgery also will there be any side effects for baby in future? kindly advise.
Hello. My son is suffering from allergies and cough problem, his age is 8.5 year. Esr is high and getting a little swelling under eyes and in body too. Please suggest a permanent solution.
Hi my daughter is 1 and half month old. someday she is not sleeping from 8-10 hours continuously. For example today she is awake from 3: 45 pm and its 12: 40 am now but t she steel not sleeping. Please give suggestions I am so afraid about this.
Hi Doctors, My son (Age, 7months, weight is 6.4kgs) potty is coming green colour. I am feeding my baby, as well as I am giving nan pro 2 also. Is there any thing wrong to my child? My auntys or someothers are suggesting like foods you cannot eat everything. Because of that potty will be green. So please suggest me.
My son is due for a 14th week vaccines, in his 10th week our doctor recommended pentaxim along with hepa B, it was painless so we went for it, I wanted to make sure is pentaxim is really as effective as the other painful vaccines as I've heard than pentaxim has very less immunity as compared to the other vaccines, also kindly guide which are the best vaccines for a 2.5 month old baby since he is due for his 14th month vaccines.
My girl child are of 2 year and 2 month old. But she is not speak well. Only some basic word like papa mamma, etc say. Please help me.
My son age 8 years suffering sickle cell anemia since 4 years every 3 month blood transfusion doctors told bone marrow is the complete solution we are very poor please give a advise the pediatric hemotoloty department.
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.
Dear Sir, My Daughter having Tonsils & Every month 1 or 2 day blood bleeding 5 to 10 drops in left nose, first time blood bleed at age 2, we consult doctor, dr. said operation have to done, but she is very young you come back after 3 years. now she is 7 years old, please suggest me what will be done. Thank you
My son poops many times a day and the consistency is liquids. He also cries too much. What can I do for this?
My son is 6 years old and his height and weight are perfect. But he is thin and that's my only concern. Please tell what should I do to make him look little fat ?
What is viral fever?
Viral fever refers to an acute infection caused by the action of viruses. Flu or influenza is the most common form of viral fever. Since viral fever is contagious, when an infected person sneezes or coughs the virus spreads and comes in contact with other people. Children can remain contagious for about 10 days if they get the early symptoms of viral fever. Children who are younger than two years are at an increased risk of developing complications pertaining to viral fever. Controlling the symptoms of cold, fever and cough can cure viral fever.
Symptoms of viral fever
Fever and chills are the early signs of viral fever. Children suffering from viral fever will feel pain throughout their body. Other common signs and symptoms involving viral fever include cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and stomach ache.
Certain preventive measures against viral fever
- Keeping your child away from anyone who is sick is advisable. To prevent the germs from spreading ask everyone to use tissues while they sneeze or cough. Make sure that your family member maintains good hygiene habits if he/she is suffering from diarrhea or is vomiting.
- To prevent coming in contact with germs wash your and your child's hands properly
- Seasonal changes are the thriving phase for viruses so take precautionary measures during those periods of the year
Tips for quicker recovery of your child
1. Offer enough drinks - A child gets dehydrated through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. Oral Rehydration Salts can be given to little ones as it contains all the essential nutrients. This can be given to a baby even if he/she is just in breastfeeding stage.
2. Feed them special food - Soft and semi-liquid foods can be given to your child if he/she older than 6 months. Foods like dals, soups, and curd with sugar are advisable for your child. As he/she gradually gets stronger thicker foods like mashed vegetable can be added to his/her diet.
3. Ensure that your child gets adequate rest - Since viral fever is contagious it is advisable to let your child sleep in a separate room. Since the fever causes fatigue adequate rest is required for recovery. This will also prevent him/her from getting the other family members infected.
4. Sponge your child's body - Sponging your child's body with lukewarm water can control high fever.
5. Maintain proper hygiene - It is essential to wash your hands before and after touching your child to prevent the infection from spreading to the other family members.