Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Amrita AchrekarYour feedback matters!
My memory power is decreasing day by day. L am forgetting day to day things. What should I eat and do to increase my memory power?
Due to intense thinking, my mind gets easily tired. Sometimes I am unable to arrange thoughts or task one by one. Various thoughts comes in my mind. When I try to manage them, headache started. Due to stress or headache, I can't focus and concentrate on study. Just because of this I am losing my confidence in speaking, behaving, hesitation, stammering etc. Becoming aggressive easily on small issues. Please suggest me to treat meant for mind, how can I make healthy and active my mind?
Hi I get ultimste happiness and frustation as soon as I get some good / bad news. In case if I am not able to have sex with my partner, it give ultimate sadness in my mind so I cannot do any constructive work. Which is hampering my progress. I am at 42 but I have desires for sex almost 5 day a week. Is it normal?
I can't concentrate properly on my books. I usually think a lot, bt can't read regularly, meanwhile I start thinking, pls help me out.
My sister in law is gone through 2 chemotherapy n abt. To go for 3rd chemotherapy, for her breast cancer, being treated at berhampur, Orissa. Where I feel n believe that there is not good doctors to go for such treatments, they had already cut one of her breast. Pl. Do suggest where it would be cured well n what exactly is to be done, is it surely be cured, because now the whole family is depressed.
Hi. I have had at least four panic attacks in last six month. Last one happened yesterday. It started suddenly as the sensation which first started like a normal goosebump but grew to an extent that I felt threatened for life and started panicking. I went to medanta and my saturaration. Bp were checked. It came out fine. The anxiety or fear remained for several hours. I did take melzap md as suggested my physician. It did help. I do not know how to cure this condition completely. Please help. In addition these days I am also undergoing treatment for allergy (easinophillia). I checked with my doctor and he ruled out any due effect of the medicine for easinophillia due to which yesterday episode took place. This is just for your information I am providing this info.
Hi, I think my nervous system is very sensitive and I have the anxiety problem so what do please suggest me. Every time I talk to a person I fell so nervous why and also my body vibrates any time and heartbeat goes beat very faster. When I go to my viva examination I fell very nervous then my heartbeat beat goes very faster and vibrate hole body and I can't answer anything which are I already read or known, why? Help please:(So how can I control my nervous system.
I am smoking for 6 months but I need to stop it. My ambition is join in army, navy, air force is there any problem in future for selection.
The highest and most important level through which the human being functions is the mental level. The mental plane of an individual is that which registers changes in understanding and consciousness, reflecting the true essence of that person. It enables an individual to think, to complete, and to peruse the purpose of life. Disturbance of these functions in turns constitute the symptoms of mental affections, such as:
Anxiety especially unrelated to any identifiable cause
depression, especially when it is followed by withdrawal from people or from usual occupation.
Loss of self-confidence
Unexplainable mood changes
Rudeness or aggression without apparent cause or occasioned by some trivial incident.
The inability to accept responsibilities
Unreasonable feeling of persecution
Physical ailments and complaints for which there are no organic cause
Symptoms of Mental Problems
Loss of concentration
Homeopathic Treatment For Mental Problems
Homeopathic treatment is not only confined to physical health problems but can also be used effectively against mental imbalances. Some doctors have recommended homeopathy over conventional medicines as the latter carry the risk of adverse side effects. Homeopathy can treat various kinds of mental illnesses including but not limited to bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, depression, and general anxiety disorder. Homeopathic treatment also involves intake of lesser quantity of medicine, shorter stay at hospital and laboratory examinations. What’s more, you could also combine homeopathy with conventional forms of medication.
The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using a holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat mental problems but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several remedies are available to treat mental problems that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensations and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. There are following remedies which are helpful in the treatment of different mental problems:
Bipolar Disorder- Homeopathic medicine, Belladonna is quite effective against bipolar disorder. This is a condition in which there are symptoms of violent behavior. For example the patient may even strike the person near him for no particular reason. Another symptom for which belladonna works quite well is when the patient indulges in anti-social behavior such as spitting on other people. An alternative medication that is generally prescribed for symptoms like destructive behavior and screaming is Veratrum Album.
Schizophrenia- Hyoscyamus Niger is the recommended homeopathic treatment for a patient who shows symptoms of schizophrenia. The main symptom of schizophrenia is a feeling in which the patient may think that there is a plot against him/her. This feeling may result in the patient avoiding everything offered to him/her, which could potentially include medicine. Another effective homeopathic medicine generally used for treating symptoms of jealousy and suspicion is Lachesis.
Depression- Ignatia Amara has proven to be effective for patients with depression. This homeopathic medicine can treat symptoms such as non-communicative behavior and dull mood along with the inability to enjoy the company of others. Aurum metallicum is typically prescribed if your patients have suicidal tendencies. Carcinosin is generally used to treat chronic and severe forms of depression.
Generalized Anxiety Disorder- If a person tends to feel worried and uneasy constantly for around 6 months or more then he/she may be suffering from generalized anxiety disorder. A medical practitioner could provide an accurate diagnosis. The patient may find difficulty in concentrating and falling asleep. He/she may also get fatigued easily and have frequent urges to urinate. The Homeopathic medicine, Aconitum Napellus is very effective against Generalized Anxiety Disorder wherein the patient may also suffer from frequent panic attacks. Trembling and palpitations resulting from the anxiety can be controlled by the homeopathic medicine Gelsemium Sempervirens. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
My age is 22 years. Due to college and family stress I was started a cigarette I am smoking 4 to 5 cigar daily. Since 1 year so how can I stop smoking.
Sir/doctor 10th me tha tab mujhe acche marks mile par mere parents ne muje mera interest jisme tha usme admission lene nahi diya. Phir mai unko hisab se sikhane laga par mai fail ho gaya usse mai depression me chala gaya. Uske wajase muje shortness of breath mahsus hone laga ek doctor ne kaha ki wo depression se hua hai .sir mai kya karu 1.sir mera man mere ghar me ya dosto ke bich nahi rahta. 2.har time mai apne past aur future ka sochata hu 3.jab mai kabhi bhi cheej ko chuta hu ya tv band ya chalu karne je liye button dabane jata hu to mere man me photo ate hai jo log mujhe pasand nahi unke jab tak mai kisi actor ya acche dost ka photo man me dekh ke wo cheej nahi karta to chain nahi ata Ab aisa lagta hai ki jine me maja nahi suicide karu ya nahi aisa lagta hai. Iske wajase shortness of breath aur kuch beemariya lag chuki hai To please doctor muje consult kijiye.
Male 26 yrs, having fear that no one is with me although I live with my joint family of 11 members (including me). Say if I divert my mind in some work then its ok but post completion of that event the same thought of loneliness is on my mind and which makes me cry sometimes. Don't have much friends n which I have are busy in their own lives which is normal. Sometimes I feel like to kill myself but on the other hand I have my family too, also I am newly married but my wife doesn't feel to talk too much or express, she only keep finding demerits in others as she thinks she is so smart n other are idiot. 6 months ago I got married n We have hardly lived 60 days together and if bifurcate the days we had lived together then calculation would be 60 days = 50 days of fighting + 10 days normal (may be). No doubt I am trying my best in this relationship but her words are THE MARRIAGE WAS DONE JUST BECAUSE HER FAMILY HAD FORCED HER. I am emotional guy which means WORDS HIT ME HARDER THEN PUNCHES. Don't know how to get rid of tension. Even I had word with my family in this regards but all of them says it will take sometime to get all issues resolved. My wife is a very good liar, at the time of our marriage she said there was minor injury in her waist but on our wedding night she told me that she is suffering from Pott's Spine/ Bone TB. Although she had recovered alot from that time but if I ask something from her she says I DON'T REMEMBER even she forget what had happen 2-3 days back and take cover and says MAY BE MEMORY IS GETTING WEAK DUE TO THE MEDICINES OF BONE TB. Even after all this I am ready to accept her but she is very careless also had word with her in this regards and she said WE CAN SEPARATE IF YOU WANT BUT I WILL NOT GO MY HOME OR I WILL SUICIDE OR WILL GO SOME ANONYMOUS PLACE WHERE NOBODY WILL KNOWS ME. She's 23 and we both are from different regions I am from delhi and she is from UP but our family background are from same caste and religion, she is educated but I am still not able to trace out why this is happening to me. Usually I talk too much but with limited people but everyone is busy in their own life which good but I need some hope of light for my life. Please suggest me something.
I'm smoking since 1 year. But I'm giving a gap between the days from the day I'm smoking. Likely if I smoke 2 cigars on Monday again I'll smoke on Friday. Does it effects badly more than a chain smoker? I'm trying to stop but I'm smoking one cigar in a week.
You are about to go on stage to face an audience. Palms sweaty, heart racing and a fear gripping your in such a way that your feet or tongue refuse to move? Relax. You are having a bout of stage fright. The first and most comforting thing to know is that the biggest and most popular performers and speakers also go through a bout of nervousness before their big show. And yet, when you see them on stage, you'll not detect an ounce of it. You can be that person too.
Why do you experience stage fright? Being the center of attention among an audience focused only on you can trigger thoughts of a bad or unconvincing performance resulting in loss of reputation, mockery and a perception of failure. The physical response your body has to this is called "fight or flight" syndrome which is a natural process designed to protect you.
So how do you face the situation and get better of it? Here are a few steps to get you there:
- Self-hypnosis / Hypnotherapy for stage fright: Imagine if you believed that you are a master public speaker and can feel calm and confident during every performance! A self-hypnosis or hypnortherapy session allows you to reach out into the recesses of your subconscious mind and harness its power to handle stressful situations like a stage performance. You may have heard the common adage of - You are what you believe; and this therapy proves it. The process will help you visualize your actual performance and link it with positive, encouraging and enjoyable images which will replace your anxiety with confidence. You can either visit a consultant or buy a CD online.
- NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) for stage fright: NLP was created in the 1970s by Richard Bandler and John Grinder in California as a connection between neurological process, linguistic and behavioural patterns learnt through experience or programming. NLP claims to cure everything from phobias to depression to even the common cold. Though not scientifically proven, NLP uses a set of mental exercises to allow you to change your perception and blockages and hesitation into positive actions. Similar to hypnosis, it'll allow you to program yourself to believe and practice for a positive outcome in order to achieve it.
- Add the wow factor: Anyone giving you their time deserves to leave with a 'wow'. Add facts, figures or moves that'll give them that. Add 'your' touch and style to it.
Anxiety is a common issue with growing teenagers. It is not the typical anxiety before exams or academic projects. It is more than that. Anxiety may be the result of the hormonal changes, which predominantly affect the adolescent years of growth. While your body copes with different changes, your mind tangles between the future liberty and present restrictions. Knowing certain facts about this anxiety trail can help you to cope with it.
1. Anxiety is not always a disease: Anxiety is not always a disease. It is a normal phenomenon among adolescent teenagers. However, in certain cases it may be severe for some teenagers. They may feel crippled with anxiety. Under such cases, one would require psychiatric help.
2. Talk to someone: A great way to relieve yourself from stress due to anxiety is to speak with someone. It can be a friend or someone close to share your thoughts. If you know the reason of your anxiety, share it, discuss it. You will definitely feel better.
3. Take a break: Entertainment and break from academic work and schedule is necessary for teenagers to lower anxiety traits. However, if the anxiety is due to peers, you may even take a break from them and engage in family.
4. Cry out loud: It is not a silly thing to cry when you are stressed under anxiety. Crying is an emotional outburst which essentially relieves the stress due to anxiety and lets you control the emotional disturbed state of mind.
5. Good sleep: Sleep is necessary for both mental and physical rest. You need to overcome from the fatigue of routine works, stressful events, peer factor, etc. Catching the essential 8 hour sleep is a great way to overcome anxiety issues.
6. Don’t be conscious: Anxiety is a common factor among all your peers. You are not the only one coping with anxiety stress. So, take it light. Relax and don’t be conscious about your anxiety problems. Consider them to be temporary.
7. Be confident: Losing confidence under the stress due to anxiety can be even more disastrous. The effects will never be better. So be confident about whatever you do, whether right or wrong. Every person learns from his own activities. Whether right or wrong, everything will give you a lesson. So you will never be a loser, you will win a lesson.
8. Don’t feel stupid: Being stressed with anxiety is not abnormal or stupid. Everything is okay with you, and you are not the stupid fellow out there.
9. You are not weak: Anxiety is not a sign of weakness. You can rather make it your strength. Fight it back and keep your energy and enthusiasm high.
10. Anxiety is temporary: As you move ahead of the adolescent period, anxiety will faint. You will be more confident and matured, able to tackle anxiety. So consider it to be an affair of a few years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.