Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amrita Achrekar
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Amrita AchrekarYour feedback matters!
I lost My Friend. He is very close and Now without Him I feel very Lonely and depressed Too. What should I do to get Away From this situation.
Doctors some days ago I have asked for medicine for removing habits for smoking and drinking but is there any medicine jisko power form me kisi bhi food me mix kar ke dia jaa sakke. please help I am really worried for my papa. Recently my tau ji passed away due to cancer.
One of my frnd, has an anxiety disorder .in some stressful condition (e.g. Exam time) he complains of palpitation & delusion that he will die soon, sometimes even comes out of examination hall. During rest of the year, he still suffers from anxiety .feels his heartbeat, pulse are abnormal, he has diabetes, etc. He had consulted some doctors. They gave him medicines olanzapine, b blocker. But main problem is he refuses to take any medicine .thinks it will cure naturally, but its aggravating instead. What should be done? Pls tell me how to assure & treat him.
I am 34 years old. At night I does not live alone at home. I affraid from horror. I am not sleeping alone at night. I does not watch horror movies. What can I do?
Sir. I am depressed last 10 years. I am feel guilty, its causes depression. Its effects my head is hit and my ear is burn some time. My head is hit, its effects my hair is loss last 5 years. Sir, please solve my deep deep problem.
Having a healthy brain is equally important as is staying physically fit. Good mental health is absolutely essential. Apart from regular exercises there are certain foods also which can help you to maintain good mental health.
Below mentioned are few foods, essential for having a healthy brain:
- Include Fish in your Diet: If you are a non- vegetarian then include oily fishes like salmon , sardines in your diet. These fishes are replete with omega -3 fatty acids, DHA and EPA. All these are essential for the brain to function efficiently.
- Munch on Nuts: Nuts are rich sources of Vitamin E. Vitamin E can help you prevent your brain from Alzheimer's disease. Nuts are also beneficial for elderly people and can help them combat the problem of memory loss.
- Keep Preparations with Green Leafy Vegetables on your Menu: Vegetables like cabbage; broccoli is abundant in anti-oxidants. Broccoli is also a good supplement for Vitamin K. These help to develop your memory and also keep brain diseases like Alzheimer's, Dementia at bay.
- Have a Sweet Tooth for Blueberries: This fruit is rich in anti oxidants, vitamin C and K. It helps to deal with problems like memory loss, Alzheimer's and Dementia.
- Add Eggs to your Breakfast Menu: Eggs are rich in choline and also protein. It acts as a very good food for developing a healthy brain.
- Get Addicted to Avocadoes: Avocadoes help to tackle problems like hypertension, blood pressure and also help in smooth flowing of blood. They also contain Vitamin K and C which help in memory development.
- Go for Whole Grains: Whole grains like wheat flour, flour, oatmeal provide energy to your brain. They supply glucose and are thus considered to be very good brain foods.
The above mentioned foods are easily available and can help you to develop a healthy brain.
Hi Doctor, I'm an happy individual, but I don't enjoy the company of people, around me and I am very short tempered what should I do? Please suggest?
Depression is often equated with isolation and brooding but this is not always the case. Many people may actually suffer from depression without showing the typical symptoms of this condition. Hence, this form of depression may go unnoticed for many years. Such cases are known as high-functioning depression.
Some of the symptoms of this condition include:
- Having difficulty expressing happiness: Though a person may be able to work normally, a person suffering from high-functioning depression will find it difficult to express emotions such as happiness. Thus he or she may not know how to act in the event of a promotion at work, the beginning of a new relationship or any other such happy events. In such cases, the happiness a person experiences from these events is temporary and muted.
- Lowered energy levels: Unlike not being able to get out of bed when suffering from typical forms of depression, a person suffering from high-functioning depression can follow his or her usual routine. However, they often find themselves lacking the energy they would normally have and feel the need to put extra effort into their normal tasks. This reduces the amount of satisfaction derived from completing tasks.
- Persistent self-doubt: While being self-critical is good to a certain extent, a person suffering from this form of depression is rarely satisfied with their work. Even when recognised by their peers or given an award for their work, they feel that this praise is misguided and have trouble accepting it. Thus, suffering from this condition is akin to swimming a race against the current and with additional unnecessary weights.
- Substance abuse: Since this form of depression can go undiagnosed for many years, patients often turn to alcohol and other addictive substances in frustration. This can further delay diagnosis as many of the symptoms of this condition can also be attributed to substance abuse.
- Feeling like a failure: Many people suffering from this condition feel as though they are constantly wasting time no matter how much they achieve in a day. This can make them feel hopeless and cause frequent changes in jobs.
The good news is that depression can be cured. Hence if someone around you or you, yourself experience such symptoms, talk to a doctor. Alternatively, you could make a few changes in your lifestyle to lift your mood. Try meditating in the morning or fit in some light exercise into your day. You could even take up a new hobby. However, this cannot replace cognitive therapy and psychological counselling. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!