Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amrit BrothraYour feedback matters!
My baby is of 4 months he didn't did the potty from last two days wat is the reason what should I do? He is also not taking feed in good quantity.
My baby is 1 and half months old .i m going for vaccination for her .it will be difficult for baby to bear the pain so please suggest me some remedy and medicine so that she will feel and can sleep well.
My 2 and half years son have perfect height 3.2 ft but weight is low is 11 kg and they didn't have any interest to eat take milk too also stool tight. He is seen like weak boy.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Bedwetting or nocturnal eneuresis as it medically is quite common in children. Generally, bed-wetting before age 7 isn't a concern. At this age, your child may still be developing nighttime bladder control.
Bed-wetting is involuntary urination while asleep after the age at which staying dry at night can be reasonably expected.
Most kids are fully toilet trained by age 5, but there's really no target date for developing complete bladder control. Between the ages of 5 and 7, bed-wetting remains a problem for some children. But if it still continues after 7 its a matter of concern this means the nervous control over the bladder is not yet reached.
Causes of bed wetting:
Commonest of all is habits. Many children habitually ignore the urge to urinate and put off urinating as long as they possibly can
Urinary tract infection: the resulting bladder irritation can cause pain or irritation with urination, a strongeurge to urinate (urgency), and frequent urination (frequency).
Inability to recognize a full bladder. If the nerves that control the bladder are slow to mature, a full bladder may not wake your child — especially if your child is a deep sleeper.
Stress and Stressful events — such as becoming a big brother or sister, starting a new school, or sleeping away from home — may trigger bed-wetting.
Role of homoeopathy in bedwetting:
Homoeopathy works on the immune system. Homeopathic medicine will increase the muscle or nervous control and hence can cure it in a months time.
Sir my baby is 1.5 years and she have fever 104.3 f and she is looking very week and her head very hot.
my cousin, he is 2 years old, he is having dry skin, his skin is very thin, has many scratches. His leg palms also got so many scratches. please suggest me suitable ointment for him.
Hello sir, My son 4 month is weak due to prolonged diarrhea. Can we give multivitamin syrup Lysupra syrup abbott to him to improve the health. Lysupra syrup contain vit a, b. C.D e. Zinc 5mg, lysine5mg and traces of cu.
What is ADHD?
ADHD refers to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is a brain-related condition found among preschoolers, children, teenagers and in many cases extends well into adulthood. These individuals have significant impairment in academics as well as social situations and interpersonal relations. The child has difficulty sustaining attention, phases of hyper activeness and cannot control his/her impulses which make their day to day life at school and home difficult.
The symptoms of this disorder among children can be categorized under three headings.
1.Hyperactivity which includes -
- Fidgets often
- Inability to stay at one place runs around and tries to climb things
- Trouble playing quietly
- Excessive talking
2. Inattention, which can be divided into symptoms like
- Getting easily distracted
- Tendency to loose things
- Facing problems related to organizing things
- Not listening carefully
- Forgetting about daily activities, carelessness
- Interrupts others as they speak and talks out of turn
- Answers questions without listening to what has been asked
- Not being able to wait for their turn to come
10-12% of school children before puberty are affected by one or more types of ADHD. ADHD especially hyperactivity is more prevalent in boys than in girls, with the ratio up to 9:1. Inattention and poor concentration are more commonly seen amongst girls. The rate of ADHD in parents and sibling of children with ADHD is 5-10 times higher than in the general population.
The probable causes of ADHD among children are,
1. Neurodevelopmental changes - Poorly developed activity of the brain particularly in the areas that control attention and concentration cause ADHD. This causes an imbalance in the neurotransmitters or the chemicals important for brain functioning and development.
2. Genetic Factors - genetic studies show that ADHD is largely hereditary in nature with a heritability of 75% approximately.
Hello Dr. My baby girl is going to complete 2 months on 1st November. Today she did potty N her poop was bright green in colour. Yesterday she had mild fever N last month she had vaccines. (And in my diet I have included cow milk otherwise I never used to had cow milk as it causes gas. And I'm noticing my milk is more watery then before .) Is it normal or any matter of concern? Kindly reply. Waiting for response. Thank you.
Ear aches are a common complaint for many children. An ear infection can be explained as an inflammation of the middle ear. Unlike other aches, this one cannot be soothed by scratching or applying pressure and hence makes children cranky. Ear infections are usually triggered by bacteria or viruses. This causes inflammation that narrows the tube in the ear and allows fluid to build up. This fluid buildup is responsible for the pain.
However, not all ear infections need to be treated with medication. When it comes to treating ear aches in children, picking a natural remedy is a much better option ,since it has no side effects and can address the root cause of the infection. Here are a few natural remedies for earaches:
- Compress: Hot and cold compresses are very effective ways of treating pain and can be used for earaches as well. Place an ice pack or a warm, moist compress over the ear to soothe the ache. Heat relaxes the muscles and stimulates blood flow while ice controls inflammation and swelling. Hot and cold compresses should not be applied for over 20 minutes at a time.
- Water: Some actions can help open up the eustachian tube to the middle ear. Swallowing is one such action. To encourage your child to swallow, offer him lots of fluids.
- Oil: Before using oil to treat an earache ensure that your child is not suffering from a ruptured eardrum and there is no fluid leaking from the ear. Pouring a few drops of warm olive oil or sesame oil can help soothe the pain by opening up the eustachian tube. It can also prevent the buildup of excessive ear wax and form a protective layer on the outer ear against bacteria and other infections.
- Elevate the head: Elevating a child's head can help improve sinus drainage. When it comes to children, instead of using a pillow below their head, place the pillow below the mattress to create a gradual slope.
- Onion: Onions can be used in many different ways to treat earaches. You could either juice an onion and put a few drops of the same in the ear or slice an onion in half and heat it before placing it over the ear like an ear muff. Onion contains anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help soothe earaches effectively and quickly.
If the earache does not reduce or if there is a discharge from the ear, do not continue to self treat it and consult a doctor immediately.
Related Tip: "Common Ear Infections: What You Should Know About Them"
Your baby's skin is soft and sensitive. Being cautious can reduce the chances of skin infections, but it doesn't in any way refute the possibility altogether. Hence, you must be overly careful. Your baby could face intense discomfort if you happen to neglect the appearance of diaper rashes. Persistent rashes on your baby's bottom can make him or her irritable. Look into the causes and remedies of diaper rash in children to keep your baby cheerful.
Causes of Diaper Rash in Babies:
- Friction and lack of air circulation between the skin and the diaper can make your baby suffer from rashes. Make sure the baby doesn't rub against a diaper for too long; existing rashes can go worse in that case.
- You should never let your child remain in a dirty diaper for more than a while. A dirty diaper increases the risk of bacterial infections on your baby's bottom.
- Skin chafing could also be the reason behind diaper rashes.
- Yeast infections could surface in the form of rashes on a baby's bottom. Yeast or fungus is present in small amounts in every person's body. It can be easily developed in the moist yet warm atmosphere of a child's diaper. Being the mother, if you are on medications, your child's chances of contracting skin rashes is likely to be more. The side effects show in children as they are breastfed.
Ways to Treat Diaper Rash in Babies:
- Each time a diaper is changed; the area must be washed with lukewarm water and cleaned with a soft piece of cloth. The area should then be dried completely. It is best to avoid soaps as they can be harsh on sensitive skin.
- Applying ointments or petroleum jelly can soothe diaper rash. Powder can keep the area dry; it can also remedy itching.
- Feed your child liquids like cranberry juice; it makes his or her urine less concentrated. Concentrated urine can cause severe bacterial infection.
Related Tip: "Diaper Rash: 8 Questions Answered by Dermatologist"
1 year 3 month baby had a cardiac problem which is called (coa, had he spend his life normally after andrioscopy?
I have problem in concentration while reading and Listening. Also at work I forget many things, of course I have to multitask in office but like others I too don't want to forget things. Regarding this office work actually I am not happy doing job here and I want to leave this, I am frustrated here So, that may be a case I am not remembering little things . But the concentration problem is there with me, and I have searched on net regarding this there is something called ADHD. Please tell me what problem I have and how to deal with it? Thanks