Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amrapalli
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. AmrapalliYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from throat pain and I feel do much dizzy from last four to five days. So please suggest me some home remedies. So that I can recover soon.
I have got a throat infection taking amoxilin 500 mg for 5 days n ambroxyl . I still have throat irritation what should I do.
Dear sir, during enjoying holi an amount of sand entered into my ear. Currently, same ear (left side) is jammed. I have problems to listen the vice. Pls suggest what should I do? Regards.
Hi, I am 30 years old. I was an alcoholic (weekly 4 days drink for 3 years) and I have high blood pressure. I have consulted a psycartist for alcohol withdrawal (used withdrawal symptoms tablet for one week) and it's been months now. I used to have tab for high bp morning and evening Amlong 5 mg daily. I am getting dizziness while driving, after using restroom, while taking bath. Etc. I am 124 kg weight. I am trying to reduce weight, still I want to get rid of the dizziness or anxiety, which is disturbing my life pls help. Is the tablet getting me into dizziness, or High bp or alcohol withdrawal? Can I take Himalaya 52, for liver functioning properly? It might bad because of drinks right. Please advice. Thanks Vinay.
I am 22 year old and suffering from throat problem like a heavy and hoarse voice due to which I feel criticize to talk with my teacher ,friends ,and anyone stranger and always being disappointed due to it so suggest me something about it to get rid from this problem please.
I'm 22 years old male.. I'm suffering from cold 5 days. My nose and my ear blocked from cold.. The sound of" jhan jhan" comes in my ear every time.. So what should I do. Suggest me.
I am having continues bouts of sneezing at irregular intervals lasting 15 to 18 minutes. I feel uncomfortable and a laughing stock in work place. Advise remedies in yoga and reason for the same.
If you are experiencing pain, irritation, or itchiness in your throat, the condition is referred to as a sore throat. It is likely for you to face difficulty in swallowing food and the pain worsens when you want to swallow. The primary symptom of a sore throat is throat pain. People of all ages can get affected by a sore throat.
There are several causes of a sore throat. The most common ones are as follows:
• Viral infections are the most common causes of sore throat.
• These are the infections that are caused by a virus, like the flu or cold.
• Measles, chicken pox, and croup are other viral infections that cause a sore throat.
• Several environmental factors also cause sore throat.
• Exposure to pollen, mold, pet dander, and several other irritants leads to postnasal drip.
• This causes throat pain and inflammation.
• Exposure to dry air, and smoking cigarettes are also common causes of a sore throat.
• For the diagnosis of a sore throat, a physical examination of your throat is carried out, and your throat will be examined using a lighted instrument.
• Doctors usually look out for inflammations and white patches that indicate strep throat. Your breathing will also be checked.
• The back of your throat can be swabbed for examining samples in order to determine the virus.
• Certain blood tests may also be required to be undertaken.
• The treatment of sore throat depends on the cause.
• In case your sore throat is caused by a bacterial infection, you will be prescribed antibiotics for killing the infectious bacteria.
• The medicines should be taken strictly according to a doctor’s prescription.
• You should complete the course of 10 days to get effective results.
• If you stop the treatment at an early stage on noticing improvements, a sore throat can recur soon.
There are certain simple home remedies which are effective for curing the most common forms of sore throat. They include:
• Gargling with warm, salted water.
• Consuming warm fluids like soup, tea, and water.
• Having throat lozenges.
• Reducing the inflammation using ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
• Avoiding exposure to allergens and irritants.
In case your sore throat is caused by a viral infection, the virus should be left to run its course. During its course, you will be prescribed medicines like pain relievers and decongestants for relieving the symptoms. Antiviral drugs are also used in some cases for fighting the virus effectively.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!