Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amol PatilYour feedback matters!
I have a projection near my ear inside the skin , it is giving no physical difficulties but it looks odd because it is in my face , it developed in past 4 years , some thing like fat deposit in side skin
I am a 29years female, and I have severel acne almost like boils on my face, particularly on my forehead and nose for last several months. Tell me some remedy to get rid of it.
I have dry skin with pimples and dark spots. My age is just 19 and due to this I look so aged. what should I do?
Hello, I remain I am very tired sir I have loss my farines my face, sir mera pehle color fair tha 6 to 7 month se dark hota ja rha hai or face per halke color freckles bhi hote h please help what I do jis mera color pehle ki tarah fair ho jaye next month is my marriage please help me. I request you please help me please suggest me what can I do?
Hi I have extra skin on penis now before 4 days I had itching sensation on skin then after a day skin is little bit swollen it difficult to move front and back little today it is swollen fully and it covered the tip of my penis when I was trying to move the fore skin it is to tight and swollen my friend suggested Mr.cotrimoxazolecream today can I continue this or suggest me some other medicine for speedy recovery.
Hi I am 27 and suffering from hyperpigmentation. I am fair but my body is turning dark. Please tell me the best way to get rid of this.
I am suffering from pigmentation I am already consulting skin doctor for the same now my skin is irritating becoz of applying lot of cream.
I am 21 male. Suffering from severe pigmentation all over the face. I have tried many medications but did not workout. Suggest me a best topical cream without side effects.
Is it kojic acid cream is really work and from where I purchase it? It is good for all type of skin.
After delivery, lot of marks on the belly, even she was using bio oil continuously. Please suggest proper solution and home remedy if any. Else any cream. Thanks.
Hernia surgery is performed for the correction of a hernia which refers to the bulging of internal organs or tissues through an abnormal opening. It is easy to detect hernia through any pain or discomfort while lifting heavy objects, cough and strain during urination or bowel movements or during prolonged standing or sitting. It can be found in both men and women. The Hernia can be congenital or can be developed over a period of time. If it doesn’t get better over time and also does not go away by itself, then surgery becomes the only option.
Types of Surgery
There are two types of surgery for hernia treatment. One is the conventional open method, which requires an incision in the skin directly over the hernia. The other one is the Laparoscopic hernia repair in which surgery is performed using a small telescope known as a laparoscope. In this type of surgery minimal invasions are made and the hernia is repaired with only small incisions adjacent to the hernia. Most hernia operations are performed on an outpatient basis, which means that you can go home the very same day.
Tips for early recovery
- Wear comfortable clothing with expandable waistbands.
- Keep yourself active by moving around as much as you can as it increases circulation, which further speeds up healing.
- Eat a diet rich in fibre, fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Drink lots of water and other fluids to avoid constipation.
- Do not lift any objects even if it is very light as it can bring back pain.
- Do not to pick up things from the floor as it will be difficult to bend.
- Hold a pillow against your stomach while sneezing or coughing to lessen the pain.
- Use stool softener for a few days before and after surgery to help you with your bowel movements.
- Avoid driving till the time you feel any pain and as long as you are taking narcotic pain medicines.
- Band-Aids which cover the incisions should be changed as and when needed.
- Refrain yourself from intercourse as it can be painful.
- Check with your doctor when to take a shower so as not to hurt your incisions, and make sure to gently dry your incisions and replace the Band-Aids after taking a shower.
- Do not consume any alcoholic drinks for at least 24 hours.
The tips mentioned above will definitely provide help to cope up with post surgery blues. However, in case of fever, excessive sweating, difficulty in urinating, bleeding or any prolonged pain consult your doctor immediately.