Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amol MhatreYour feedback matters!
I have black spots on teeth. However I went to a doctor and he did treatment by inserting gum. But it repeated again recently and I am having issues when ever I eat. What to do?
Hi. From last few days I am experiencing some small tumours or masses in my mouth. Which is not paining or increasing. What may be this due to?
Here's the reason as to why you must brush and floss. At any given time, you will have 6 million bacteria living in your mouth.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
When a tooth is lost, the dental implant or dental crown would be the closest replacement both in terms of chewing efficiency and facial appearance.
Unlike a denture, the implant replaces not just the crown structure but also the root portion. This ensures that the tooth is replaced as it was prior to the loss. When clinically done properly and cared for appropriately, the dental implant can last for decades.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- To make a cosmetic modification
And, if you have gone for dental implants, keep the following in-check to maintain a good oral health after you the implant is done-
- Until the effect of the anesthetic wears off, do not eat or limit to drinking something cold. Avoid anything hot or spicy for the first day.
- Start using the mouthwash from the evening of surgery and continue through the entire week. It should be held in the surgical area for at least a minute, repeated 3 times daily, for the first week.
- The other teeth should be brushed from the evening of the surgery. The surgical area should not be touched for the first 3 to 4 days. After that, depending on the pain tolerance, gently brush this area with a soft toothbrush.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water, keep it in the surgical site for a soothing effect. This can be repeated as many times as possible, after each meal or snack.
- Follow a soft diet and do not let the food go into the surgical site area.
- Do not disturb the surgical site with either tongue or finger.
- Smoking should be completely avoided until the wound completely heals. The negative pressure created during can dislodge the clot and lead to delayed healing and even complications like dry socket.
- Expect some swelling and/or bruising in the cheek and mouth area, which will increase for the first 2 to 3 days and then gradually subside. Swelling can be managed with ice packs or a cold towel that is applied for 10 minutes with half-hour breaks. From day 2 onwards, gentle heat can be used.
- Similarly, expect pain for the first couple of days which can be controlled with pain-killers. Take the first pain-killer before the anesthetic effect wears off.
- Continued pain and swelling after the first 4 to 5 days should prompt a visit to the dentist, as it might be an indication of underlying dental infection.
- If you have dentures over the surgical implant site, try using them to the least extent possible for the first week.
- Complete the entire antibiotics course after the surgery.
Appropriate post-operative care goes a long way in ensure the implant gets absorbed and lasts a lifetime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello madam/sir, I am putting braces on teeth before that doctor as put some rubber kind of material in my mouth from last 2 days, which is paining terrible to me, so will you please suggest me some medicine or exercise.
When I brush my teeth. Everytime I feel bleeding from gums. Whats is this problem and what is its cure.
My jaw often locks and than there is only a limited mouth opening and after some time it starts opening with a clicking and popping sound. What should I do?
Half the money and time spent on eating tobacco if spent on teeth will improve dental health drastically! Spare a thought!