Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amol ManerkarYour feedback matters!
The question, "are vitamins vital" is in fact a rhetorical question, one that answers for itself. Vitamins are organic compounds and important nutrients, which are required by human beings in appropriate quantities. They provide a host of benefits, affecting metabolism, digestion as well as immunity and are imperative for the existence and survival of human beings. Few reasons that establish their importance are:
- Digestive system: The digestive system, like the rest of the body, requires important minerals and vitamins for proper functioning. Your body requires ample amount of vitamin B and vitamin C to improve and maintain digestive health. In fact, folate acid is required by the body to prevent you from an impending danger of colon cancer. At the same time, vitamin B is also responsible for breaking down the carbohydrates and converting them into energy.
- Boosting the immunity system and eyesight: The proper functioning of your physical and mental health requires a sound immune system. The invasion of diseases can be deterred and treated on its own, if you have a proper functioning immune system. Vitamin A, found in carrots, pepper and sweet potato is very crucial for boosting the immune system, at the same time it helps repairing the cornea and improving the eyesight.
- Improving the nervous system: Vitamin B12 found in beef liver and octopus is very important in strengthening and improving the nervous system. If there is a deficiency of this vitamin in your body, chances are you will suffer from depression, anemia and even a potential threat to your central nervous system.
- Helps the heart and removes toxicity from the body: Among other advantages, vitamins are also responsible for maintaining the heart and preventing an accumulation of toxic substances in your body. Vitamin C, found primarily in fruits like oranges and lemons performs this function.
- Helps in losing weight: Certain food products like fish, chickpeas and chicken are rich in vitamin B6, which in turn help in boosting the metabolic rate and consequently in losing weight.
Related Tip: "3 Symptoms to Identify Vitamin D Deficiency?"
I am a 18yr male. I have been masturbating for the past three years, like once a day, now I have recently stopped it. But I lost my weight. And i am very skinny now. Is masturbation the reason for it? if not why?
How to reduce the no of eye I am having no of minus 5 and I always were specs since last yen years. Tell me how to treat.
I want to know that what precautions should be taken for being physical with a girl for the very first time (girl and boy both are mature) and what changes does the body faces after being physical for first time.
I have headache for 2 weeks. It is like pumping in my brain that is so painful. Its starts anytime for 3-4 secs. What should I do?
How to control sugar level in diabetes type one. please suggest some valuable reply as soon as possible.
I am a teenager of 14 I am suffering from stomach ache during periods from last 2 month s too much pain I have been eaten pain killer tablets but not getting relief what is the problem?
My question is for sexologist: My Penis get wet oftenly. N its become weak too. What should I do fr dat?
Hello doctor, my baby boy is now 4weeks 4 days old born with an c section delivery. He has jaundice still. He was given phototherepy for 24 hours at his 5th day along vid himalaya liv52 5drops 2times for 7 days after dat he was given udi-liv 150 tablet 1/8 2times for another 7 days. Still he has jaundice now after asking a doctor he advice me to expose him to sunlight and give him liv52 drops and udi liv-150 tablet together more 15days what should I do please help me out m so worried is dis a working idea for nmy baby.
I am a hcv positive and taking Buprenorphine for heroin addiction is there any side effect of taking Buprenorphine in hcv.
My penis right side ball skin differ from color (pink) other are in brown color and hanging down little bit? Briefly!
It's difficult to break news that its not just the addict need to change. Its also the approach of family towards them. Addicts crave for love and approval of friends.
Mera problem hai ki mere gale me kuch bhari bhari sa rehta hai kuch atka sa lagta hai kuch aisa lagta hai jaise gale ka hole chota ho gya hai or sath me main apne aap ko Mota bhi feel kar raha hu mera pet bhi badh gya hai khana bhi dhang se pachta nahi hai aisa lagta hai khana uper hi PDA hai dhak-kar bhi khana khane ke bahut der bad thodi thodi aati hai 15-20 bar samaj nahi aa raha ke gale ke doctor ke pas jau ya pet ke doctor ke pas ya liver ke doctor ke pas jau. Meri age 26 years hai so please help me.
I am having a scalp psoriasis. What to do for it? It causes irritation in my head and sometimes bleeding also take place. Could you recommend me?
High lipid profile, high uric acid 9.4, sugar fasting 134. Hb-1ac-1=5.7 sgpt/shot is also high. Age-28+
Meri mam ke eye mai problem kafi din se hain maine kaphi doctor se dikhaya hain doctors karate hain ki yeh thik mani hoga our unko thora thora dikhai bhi de raha hain.
I am 63 year old diabetic. I am taking Insulin. Which Ayurvedic medicines can I take alongside for better control for long time.
A blocked nose is not only annoying, but extremely discomforting. Several reasons can be held responsible for it and common cold is certainly not the only one. Some other reasons include:
Therefore, the remedial measures for blocked nose vary, depending on the cause that led to it. Some of the ways by which you can redress this problem are:
- Use a humidifier: Sinusitis is often held responsible for a clogged nose, a condition that is almost always accompanied by severe pain. In such a situation, placing a humidifier in a room proves to be extremely beneficial. This machine treats blocked nose by converting the water to moisture. This fills up the room and significantly increases the humidity of the room. Therefore, when you breathe, the humid air soothes the inflamed blood vessels in the nose and helps you to breathe properly.
- Take a hot shower: When you find it difficult to breathe, a quick hot shower can go a long way in curing the discomfort. The logic that operates is the steam generated from the hot shower thins the mucus and also considerably reduces the inflammation in the nose, allowing you to breathe normally.
- Drink lots of water: Though the suggestion may seem incredible, drinking water actually helps in unblocking that blocked nose. When you drink a lot of water, the mucus in the nostrils is thinned, at the same time it pushes back the accumulated fluids, thereby curbing the condition of blocked nose.
- Using a saline spray: This is one of the most ancient and trusted ways of treating blocked nose. By administering a saline or a nasal spray, the moisture in your nostrils increases and radically diminishes the inflammation.
- Use warm compresses: Using a warm compress has been the most reliable form of medication in times of high temperature and also at times of blocked nose. The compress that was dipped in hot water, when placed on the nose and forehead helps to unblock the nasal passages. The soothing effect of the warm compresses reduces the inflammation and facilitates the process of breathing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.