Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amol ManerkarYour feedback matters!
Hi doc I'm sumit, muje kuch years se fever Hai, medicine lene pr thek ho jata hai and after one month fir repeat ho jata Hai. Give me advice. Maine bahut treatment kara liya pr fever sahi nhi ho rha.
My husband is diabetic from last 8 years, his age is 44 yrs. Recently he had viral fever, since then he is feeling extremely tired and exhausted. Please suggest diet and also does he need a full body checkup?
Any remedy for coital cephalgia also known as sexual headaches. Pain occurring at base of the skull before orgasm during sexual activity including masturbation.
Hello sir. Actually my problem is somewhat related to "CIRCUMCISION" When I do sex my foreskin will back upto head of the penis after that when I insert my penis deeply into vagina my penis get hurts! I think its because of short frenulum? Do I need to get surgery for this? Please suggest me what to do.
Hi. I am from rohini delhi.Sir i am suffering from some allergic problem since one year due to which sneezing .Cold. Running nose .Water from eyes occurs.I have taken too many antiallergic tablets like montair fx .Lcz plus .Montilucast and foracort 200 puff but ihave no relief till now .Kindly suggest me what to do ?
I am suffering from jaundice from 3 months. By the medication I reduced my bilirubin level. But I still have some of the bilirubin level. How can I manage to reduce it. please advice me.
What is the disadvantages and advantages of watching porn and masturbating daily for a boy of 19 years.
In the beginning I started to have dry but painful cough but now after two days I started to produce green phelgem what medicine should I use. More over I have severe pain in my throat I have to keep my mouth open to avoid suffocation but then throat gets dry and painful. What can ease my discomfort?
Blood circulation happens through two sets of blood vessels. The arteries carry pure oxygenated blood from the heart to the various parts of the body. The veins carry impure, deoxygenated blood from the various body parts to the heart. Blood movement is controlled by opening and closing of valves. The farther the veins are from the heart, the more pressure it has to exert to reach the heart. Also, in a person who is standing for prolonged periods of time, the blood flow has to happen against gravity, which is again not easy. Over a period of time, these vessels could get twisted, swollen, and engorged. These are known as varicose veins and are common in the calf area.
Causes: The exact causes are not known, but it is believed to be due to
- Defective or damaged valves, which are not able to control blood flow
- Vein walls could be thin, leading to improper flow of blood
- The most obvious symptom is the blue, swollen leg veins which appear ropy and thin.
- With prolonged standing, leg pain and tenderness.
- Night cramps in the legs.
- Itching and heaviness in the legs.
- Bleeding if varicose veins are severe.
- Skin changes including scaling, dryness, and color changes.
Risk factors: Though causes are not known, risk factors are identified.
- Prolonged standing: People whose jobs/occupation require standing for prolonged duration
- Obesity – Weight definitely has a role to play
- Family history
- Age, which causes the veins to lose elasticity and turn rigid, affecting smooth blood flow
- Trauma or surgery involving the leg veins
- Smoking, strongly increases the risk
- Quite easy to diagnose clinically based on appearance
- Further testing including Doppler, scanning, and MRI may be rarely required
- During long working hours, take short breaks to elevate the legs.
- During long journeys, take a break to improve circulation.
- Weight management, as being overweight is a big risk factor.
- Avoiding alcohol, which leads to venous dilation.
- Quit smoking.
- In people with circulation issues, compression stocking (Ted hose or Jobst stocking) can improve circulation. They are also useful in controlling pain and are frequently used in varicose vein treatment.
- Avoid sitting cross-legged, which helps by reducing constant pressure on the vein valves.
- Avoid tight clothing around the knees/legs as they pressure on the veins and/or valves.
- Regular exercise regimen like walking helps improve blood flow.
- In very severe cases, surgical treatment options are available including sclerotherapy, laser treatment, and vein stripping. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.