Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amol ManekarYour feedback matters!
Can Crohn's disease be manifested with constipation and flatulence (farting)? My daughter has been on Zelnorm (tegaserod) for constipation for months and it is not working and she experiences extreme bloating, abdominal pain, and constipation with some diarrhea and is miserable.
I think I have premature ejaculation problem. Intercourse with my partner didn't last long. Within minutes I get ejaculation. Is there any way that I could last long the intercourse. I've tried last long condoms, taking break while intercourse, but nothing seems to work. Please advice.
I am 25 year old girl. And I have mild TB (cold abscess), am taking treatment but my face color is turning into dark complex. i am feeling very worried about this thing please help me.
No morning erection low pennis sensitivity 19 years old and maybe nerve damaged How can I recover? Please help ? Is porn the problem ? Mens 1 oil Can I take it.
I punched a guy 3 days back. My hand got swelled and its paining while I move my hand. How can I help myself.
I m 23year old girl and I am suffering neck pain from 3days through it will be ok, but still its the same what to do.
How to get rid of premature ejaculation problem ayurvedic or homeopathic and any medicine to increase penis growth. My height is 5' 11 and weight is 70. No alcohol addiction habits no cigarette etc. Please advise.
Lack of sleep only at night sleep not coming after morning 4a. M to 5 a.m sleep comes automatically. Can suggest any treatment?
I have breathing smell and in split also it can be removed please suggest me some medicine or treatment.
I am 32 years old unmarried, from the age of 12 I am masturbating Never had sex. I have erection problem and its not hard also. Please help.
I am 18 years old I've matsubrate for 3 to 4 yrs. Since 2 years I've stopped this. But for 1 years I've problem from sever erection and also it sperm passing through urine And urine color is light yellow so what I do for stop this?
I am having diabetics for past 5 years. Type 2. I was not able to control. How to keep diabetics under control.
Muje headache ki problm h. Jab b pet khali ho ya bhara ho gas bnati h or dkare aati h. Jab dkare nhi aati or gas pas nhi hoti to sar me dard ho jata h. Pls suggest kya ye migrain h ya pet ki koi problm.
Q. Just what is an allergy? How do they occur? I have been able to eat oysters all my life, but now I get an itchy rash if I even touch one. How can this happen?
My head start paining in one side aur sometimes whole and from two three days my head pain cause vomiting and my whole body start shivering and whenever I am angry my heart beat start beating very fast and it pains also so much.
I have little bit chest pain. Is it due heart. What's the precautions which food I should take and which to be avoided.
The human body is designed to process foods with the help of fiber. The benefit of fibers is being recognized widely, and people are being advised to increase the fiber content in their food. On an average our body requires 25 to 30 g of fiber per day.
The body requires two types of fibers, soluble and insoluble. The soluble ones absorb water during digestion, contribute to stool bulk, and are believed to reduce cholesterol levels. Fruits, vegetables, legumes, oats, and barley are good sources of soluble fibers.
The insoluble ones are required for good movement of food through the intestines. These are also found in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains like wheat, rice, barley, oats, etc. It takes a little planning to ensure your food is fibrous, but the benefits are a lot and long lasting.
Follow some of the following simple steps and you will see them for yourself:
- Vegetables: On a lighter note, make sure each meal of yours is as colorful as possible. Include good amount of carrots, radish, greens, legumes, tomatoes, cabbage, and any other vegetable that you like in each meal. This ensures that you get all the fiber and nutrients that you want in a meal. Baked, boiled, raw choose any form, that you like.
- Fruits: It is advisable to eat a raw fruit as compared to having its juice. The fiber content gets reduced when you convert it to a juice. Try not to discard the peel, unless it is not edible at all, pineapple or jackfruit for example. Fruits, along with vegetables, form the most natural and best source of fiber. About 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day will get you all the fiber you need for a day that is 25 to 30 g per day. Berries, pears, prunes, figs, apples, oranges, apples, pears, mangoes, pineapples - take your pick.
- Whole grains: Whether you are picking up bread, noodles, cookies, or a packet of pasta, make sure they are made of whole grains and not refined flour. Include one cereal in your breakfast. Oats, barley, wheat germ powder, flax seeds can all be good sources of fiber. Replace white rice with brown rice to get more fiber.
- Legumes: Incorporate fiber rich legumes in your daily meal, such as beans, lentils, peas or puree them for interesting dips. Adding legumes help you with the required amount of fiber intake for your body along with regular and smooth bowel movements.
- Water: Though not a direct contributor to fiber, increasing the water intake makes the fiber from the above mentioned foods more effective. It promotes better food passage through the intestines and contributes to better stool. It also reduces the bloated feeling that you get with increased fiber.
Try to gradually make these small changes to your diet and you will see the benefits almost immediately. Try including more fibrous foods to also prolong your hunger pangs, breakfast being the best way to start.