Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amol MahajanYour feedback matters!
I have a boy baby. He is 13 month old we put up in Bangalore. Last two weeks ago he came from Coimbatore. Earlier he was in Coimbatore. Then last Sunday night onwards he have fever we giving paracetamol 125p. But still he have a fever. What medicine we need to give. Then what is the reason fever not yet to cure.
My baby feeding lactogen .In what color does baby pass the motion. My baby passing the motion in cement color nd sometimes yellow.
To all parents and even grandparents, as well as teachers, here are some unbelievably simple parenting ideas that work.
1. Children need a minimum of eight touches during a day to feel connected to a parent.
If they are going through a particularly challenging time, it as a minimum of 12 a day. This doesn't have to be a big deal; it could be the straightening of a collar, a pat on the shoulder or a simple hug.
2. Each day, children need one meaningful eye-to-eye conversation with a parent.
It is especially important for babies to have that eye contact, but children of all ages need us to slow down and look them in the eyes.
3. There are nine minutes during the day that have the greatest impact on a child:
The first three minutes right after they wake up
The three minutes after they come home from school
The last three minutes of the day before they go to bed
We need to make those moments special and help our children feel loved.
These are simple, right? nothing really earth-shattering here.
1 whenever you feel like scolding or beating your child, take a deep breath, or count 1-10 and then act.
2 let's ask them to study their favorite subject on their own.
3 send them to one exam without studying at all.
4 remember what our kids are learning in 5th std is taught to 7th std abroad.
5 let's keep our kids out of the unwanted competition.
6 80% of what kids are learning, won't be useful to them in future.
7 our kids can really afford to do whatever they want to do in future.
8 higher degrees don't guaranty success and happiness.
9 not all the highly educated people do well professionally.
And not all who do well professionally are the happiest ones.
10 kids are always in a party mood. Don't spoil their childhood. Support and let them be what they want to be.
Pass this on to as many teachers and parents as you can.
And change the way we look at our kids and their future.
Hello. I'm 24 years old and I have given birth to 2 months baby girl. Still I'm under weight 40 kg. Done with C section only. I'm vegetarian too. Need to put on weight.
My baby is 8 months ,he is still not started crawling. Is it normal ,or he getting any vitamin deficiency. Please answer.
The mother and the father, both clearly play defined roles in the development of a child’s personality. While the mother teaches the child things like kindness and love, the father reinforces messages like hard work and dedication. Due to various reasons, there are a number of children who end up growing up with single parents. Both the child and the parent have to deal with a lot of hardships.
The patterns observed also differ based on whether the single parent is the mother or the father. There are various negative effects to this, and few of them have been listed below.
- Social disconnect: Most children growing up with a single parent do not feel normal. There is a constant feeling of confused identity. In some cases, the children may not be able to cope with these hardships leading to depression and decreased self-confidence. In the long run, the child may be less compassionate and supportive and more aggressive and confused. There could be a sense of resentment towards the parents for forcing him to live with a single parent. The kid may also despise other children who grow up with both parents. They may also have very less friends and social connect than kids with both parents
- Odd combination: If a single mother is raising a son, her contribution to his growth is very limited from a psychological point of view. They would always look for a father figure whom they can reach out to. Same is the case with a girl growing up with a single father. She misses the mother with whom alone she would be able to share some things. The overall personality in both these cases is significantly altered from boys and girls who grow up with both parents.
- Performance levels: The stress of living with single parents puts pressure on the child constantly, and there could be performance dip in academics, sports, and co-curricular activities. These children also tend to become uncooperative; therefore getting them to follow the school curriculum becomes difficult. The chances of them dropping out of education and getting expelled from school are quite high.
- Social menaces: The incidence of smoking, alcohol abuse, and substance abuse is quite high and also happens much earlier in these kids. Because of the constant stress they are in, these become outlets for them to be themselves.
- Sexual abuse: With single parent children, the chances of sexual abuse (by them and of them) are also quite high.
These are some of the psychological problems that children growing up with single parent face. Although this may not be the case with all the children as every child has a different thinking and reaction. However unpleasant it may be, this continuous battle on raising a child alone and addressing these issues has to be fought every single day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
My baby boy has 3 months old. he is crying very loudly before passing urine. Please advice what should I do for his relief. I contact with kids specialist but not satisfied with treatment.
Eat a balanced diet which contains whole cereals, pulses, dal, all seasonal fruits, salads and vegetables, milk and milk products. Keep away from sweets, junk food, oily food as much as possible.
Exercise daily. For children outdoor play daily is exercise.
Get your child's weight and height checked periodically by your pediatrician. This will help to detect deviation from growth early.
My brother is 8 years old. He can't talk, can't walk, can't sit since birth. I have tried many hospitals but all are waste of money and time. Now what should I do?
My elder sister is blessed with baby girl, baby age is 40days. Mother's milk is not getting enough for the baby. Which food items do my sister take to get milk. Thank you.
My daughter aged 4 years is not eating food properly. What nutritional supplement can be given so that she gets proper nourishment. Also suggest something to increase her immunity.
Hi, my 3 month old will not sleep at night and has developed a habit of crying before sleeping. Also he will not sleep in my lap, cradle or cot, he wants me to carry him on shoulder and after moving around for an hour he'll sleep. But his sleep will not be guaranteed. He might sleep for just 10 minutes. Rest he has no problem with his growth. Please suggest me, how do I change his habit and make him sleep at night.
When you are becoming a mother, then a great deal of special attention needs to be paid towards you and the baby. At such a delicate juncture in life, you cannot risk the health of the baby and the mother by resorting to conventional medicine system that comes bundled with plenty of side effects. Listed below are a few reasons why you should opt for a homeopathic system of medication.
- It is completely safe as it has no side effects
- Homeopathic medicines are mostly prepared from non-toxic substances such as plants
- The medicine works by stimulating the body's own immune and healing systems
- Homeopathy not only targets one ailment but the overall well-being of the body
For the Mother
- Wound healing - After you deliver a baby, your body has a lot of internal bleeding and wounds that require special medical care. Here homeopathy comes to the rescue using Arnica Montana, which is one of the most popular agents that help in healing.
- Breast problems - Homeopathy is quite useful in treating a lot of breast related conditions like mastitis, cracked nipples, breast lumps and such others. In this condition a homeopathic medicine called Phytolacca Decandra can help treat such issues.
- Baby blues - It refers to periods of low moods and depressions that happen after conceiving a baby. In this case, the homeopathic medicine Pulsatilla helps you to revive your mood.
- For the Baby
- Teething - Teething is the stage when the baby tends to develop his or her baby teeth. It is identified by a baby with bright red cheek crying due to discomfort.
- Sleep - Uneven sleeping pattern of babies is also a common problem which causes them discomfort and irritation which makes them cry at times.
- Immunization - It is known that homeopathic medicine mostly focuses on the overall betterment of the human body.
Therefore, taking homeopathic remedies also fortifies your immune system thus helping the baby fight ailments in an efficient and effective manner.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: How Homeopathy Can Cure Muscle and Joint Pain?