Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amol MahajanYour feedback matters!
Your baby's skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. A healthy skin also has aesthetic benefits apart from being disease resistant.
It takes about a year for the epidermis of a baby to develop and function effectively. Once the baby turns one, the skin gets thicker and more immune to skin problems.
Here are four common skin problems found in almost every infant:
- Prickly heat rashes: Prickly heat rashes are the rashes, which develop on the face, neck, back or the bottom of the baby because of heat. To deal with this situation you should try to keep the infant cool and dry (not let him/her sweat) and ensure that they wear loose and comfortable clothes made of cotton.
- Seborrhea: Rashes that develop on the scalp, eyebrows, cheeks, chest, and/or neck of a newborn baby (up to 6 months), are known as seborrhea. It appears to be gruesome, but does not bother the baby. It is recommended to use mild baby shampoo and creams to get rid of the problem. If there is no improvement, consult a dermatologist.
- Eczema: About 20% of the babies suffer from a very itchy skin rash known as 'eczema'. The affected area of the skin may turn red, ooze pus or crust over. It can be a result of an irritation caused due to sweating in a hot weather or due to the drying up of skin in a cold weather. Some clothing, specifically wool can even trigger this skin condition in a baby. A dermatologist or a paediatrician should be consulted in order to know what should be done.
- Diaper rash: Diaper rash is the development of red and inflamed skin in the area under the diaper. It is recommended to check the diaper for any wetness at regular intervals, and to change it when required. The diaper should not be too tight or left on too long. Applying a diaper rash ointment and keeping the area dry and open whenever possible can help in relieving your baby from the problem.
My nephew, who is 9 months old, got hurt on his fore head by a tap. He has not been vaccinated with tetanus. Is it ok if he s not vaccinated with TT.
Hello, My baby is one year old. Just few days back, his upper teeth has appeared. He had bit vomiting and loose motions after this.(Not sure what is the actual cause. I was giving calcarea -phos and munotism for almost two months and then stopped giving these medicines, Can I start these medicine again for my baby? How long I should continue these homeo medicines and what should be the dosage? Please guide.
I am 24 years old. I am a student. I have been facing procrastination and laziness in studies for long. I was a good student till school. But after school, for last six years or so I have been very lazy and procrastination in studies. I am lacking will power and discipline to sit and study. I am a lazy person in general. I am intelligent person though, because whatever I study, I can understand very easily. What is wrong with me? Do I have ADD or ADHD? Or it's just that I am lazy and procrastinate when it comes to studies?
We have 3 years old baby .In winter his foot&hand become swelling, after some time swelled area become hard & red .Some times after skin of this area bursts & sap type liquid comes out. please give us home made recipe sol.
Hi doc, my baby is 4 months old, can I give semi solid foods for her. I am worried that milk is not filling her up. As soon as she passes her loo she needs to be fed. Kindly help.
My baby boy age 1 month, problem is kidneys infection. Kidneys normal in siza ( rt: 5. 4cm; lt 5. 5cm). Parenchymal thickness at rt kinsey:- upper pole 1. 0cm, lower pole 1. 1 cm, mid pole 8 cm, renal pelvis 2. 0cm,; parenchymal thickness at lt kidney:- upper and lower pole 4mm, mid pole 5 mm, renal pelvis 3. 0 cm, sir please tellme next tertment details
I do not have a enough breast milk to feed my baby so what can I do please plz please help me. How to produce my milk.
The most advanced and effective communication device in this century is mobile phone. Mobile phone is not only being used by the corporate or highly qualified professional. People from all type of social group have mobile phone in their hands now. Usage of the mobile phone is not increased only with all social groups but also with people of all age groups. Children are the more noticeable group as they are using cell phones of all types. A recent research study shows that children are really capable of using any advanced type of mobile phones even without any proper guidance. Though mobile phones are the effective mode of communication, it is a well known fact that it also has adverse side effects if being over used. The mobile phones emit shockwave radioactive radiations that affect the body in various manners.
Adverse effects of mobile phone usage:
Today's children are growing up in a radio-frequency environment that never existed in human history before. The radiation emitted by mobile phones and mobile phone masts can have adverse effects on children. Some include:
- Affects your Immunity Status: cell phones after a full day usage contains many germs on their display which are highly numbered than your toilet seats. These germs are easily transferred to your body as you touch frequently or use close to your face for talking. This increases the risk of exposure to the germs and reduces your immune strength as immune status are not fully developed for children.
- Increase Risk of Chronic Pains: prolonged use of mobile phones for playing games or texting requires continuous movement for your hands which may develop chronic pain in joints of your shoulders and hands.
- Vision Problem: children when concentrate much on playing games in mobile phone they even fail to blink frequently with the increased interest and attraction towards the game. This causes the dryness of the conjunctiva and also increases the ocular tension.
- Affects your emotions negatively and increases the stress level
Mobile Phone Safety For Kids:
As a parent, you must take preventive measures to minimize your child's exposure to the harmful effects of mobile phones. These include:
- Do not give cell phone if your child is under 16 years. A child's brain is too sensitive to withstand the effects of mobile radiation.
- Do not let your child hold a mobile phone directly up to his head. Use an air-tube headset instead.
- Do not let your child make calls in buses, trains, cars, and elevators. The mobile phone works harder to get the signal out through the metal, which increases the power level.
- Do not let your child use cell phone when the signal is weak. It will increase the power to the maximum, as the phone attempts to connect to a new relay antenna.
- Limit the use of cell phone around children.
- Make sure that there is no mobile phone mast or network tower near your home or your kid's school.
- Do not let children take mobile phones to school.
- Do not leave mobile phones in your children's bedroom at night.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Our teeth are most definitely, vital for our living. Our everyday choices, pertaining to our lifestyle would call for changes, adjustments and lots of sacrifices without them. Though, a number of replacement options are available for the people with missing teeth, the most recommended are dental implants. Ask why?
They are simply the ideal solution due to their look and feel, which is similar to the natural teeth.
What happens if replacement is not considered?
To prevent the nasty repercussions from occurring, it is necessary that any missing teeth are replaced in time. Though, the symptoms of problems due to missing teeth only appear to be superficial in the early stages, the long term effects may certainly prove to be quite severe.
Some of the short term consequences of missing teeth are as follows:
- People with missing teeth tend to feel self-conscious or even embarrassed at times, while they talk to others or smile.
- Problem in speech is a common issue that may arise due to tooth loss.
- When teeth are missing, people find it difficult to consume some certain food types. These may include ones which contain some essential nutrients, hence leading to possible malnutrition.
- Increased wear or stress can also lead to the weakening of the teeth that are remaining.
- People with tooth loss find it difficult to chew the food properly.
- When teeth are missing, there is movement of the teeth that remain, to compensate for the gap places created. This leads to ugly looking gap teeth.
Though, these were the short term issues, the major consequence of not getting any lost teeth replaced is the gradual bone loss. Our teeth are firmly embedded in the jaw bone. Chewing and biting are the constant uses, which are required by the jaw bone to remain hale and hearty as well as active. You may believe it or not, be it at the beginning or at the end; the major focus is not on the teeth, but on the bones.
Maintaining form as well as density of the bone requires regular stimulation, coming from the teeth, as mentioned above. The contact with teeth causes small stresses, which the periodontal ligament transmits to the bone and prompts its continual rebuilding as well as remodelling. When any missing teeth are not replaced, it leads to the gradual deterioration in the jaw bones, over time. This not only results in facial shape changes but also will eventually burn a huge hole in your pockets, as increased complications will also lead to increased costs required for rectifying the problems.
So, now it's up to you. Choose healthy and wise. Go for teeth replacement at the earliest, if and when, need arises.
Hi I am a first time mother delivered baby girl by cesarean on 25th Dec. She was delivered at 37 weeks bcoz I had PIH n her birth wt was 2.350 kg she was on formula feed for first three days. I have inverted nipples n she is not able to latch on them so I m using nipple shield as well as breast pump and bottle feeding her I try to latch her on my nipples but she keeps crying and then goes to sleep What should I do now.
My son is 1 years old. Now a days it seems he is not having food properly. and looking little weak also. What shuould I do.
My child 2 year 10 month. stomach pain 3 month. N. B. T. Test-04 %polymorphs are nbt positive (upto10)
My cousin (child) just only 22 days, it cry many times, I thought that it has a gas problem,, I hope you will understand better, what can I do??
My girl baby is 5 & half month old. She is active but she doesn't want to drink lactogen. I am very worry. That how I drink her milk. Please suggest me.
Quadrovax vaccine for dtp and tresivac vaccine for mmr fine for 5 years child? my child is now 4.5 years old, as per record he supposed to take 2nd booster of dtp. He got first booster of dtp vaccine from pentaxim brand, which is called to be a painless medicine (i do understand the difference between painful and painless). Since as of now (june-2015) pentaxim brand is not available because of some unknown reason. I would like to know more about quadrovax vaccine for dtp and tresivac vaccine for mmr fine for 5 years child? this is from serum manufacture? may I know if you have used same vaccination of your child and you are properly satisfied from that.
My son is 7 years old. But he eats very less and shows tantrums on forcing him to eat. We're always worried about this. He's also very weak and short as compared to kids of his age. We consulted a child health specialist and the tests show that his intestines are very sensitive which creates problem in digestion. We tried many cures and medicines but all in vain. Please help me out on this.
Hi, my daughter is 4 years old, today she got blood in her urine. Last year also in october month she got blood and later identified with uti. Any help on this will be highly appreciated.
ask your child daily happenings after coming back home. understand him/her what they are facing and how they are handling issues of their life. this will help child to learn sharing stresses. guide them correct way of dealing with their problems. always punishing scolding shouting on child is not the proper way to handle them. Parents must have patience while dealing with children.