Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AmolYour feedback matters!
Sir always I got a acne in my ears . It is very painful and irritating .so please tell a treatment for a above issue.
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin which in total has 8 compounds, of which only one compound is useful to humans. This is also known as alpha-tocopherol and plays a vital role in antioxidation process and is believed to improve the overall ageing process.
Read on to know more about its benefits, functions, and sources.
- Vitamin E that is absorbed by the intestine is transferred to the liver, from where only alpha-tocopherol gets re-released into the system in small amounts. So, if your diet contains the other 7 variants, they are excreted by the liver (not required in humans).
- This active vitamin E controls the oxidation process in cells and prevents the release of free radicals, which is the culprit in all inflammatory processes. These can cause heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and stroke. This process is also accelerated by the environmental factors like pollution, UV rays, smoking, etc.
- Vitamin E is also shown to dilate blood vessels and prevent platelet clogging.
- Vitamin E is useful in preventing and treating diabetes and its related complications. Of note, diabetes is also considered as a chronic inflammatory process.
- The nervous system diseases including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and epilepsy can benefit from Vitamin E. It reduces overall cognitive declines and helps in these disease conditions
- Women are particularly benefitted from vitamin E, including premenstrual cramps, painful periods, hot flashes with breast cancer, eclampsia during pregnancy, and pregnancy complications
- Given their role in energy formation, they help improve endurance, energy levels, and improv muscle strength and reduce muscle damage.
- The antioxidant effect is useful in reversing ageing skin changes including wrinkles and fine lines. Vitamin E is used widely in skin care products including creams and lotions and helps in regeneration of skin and tissue.
- It is useful to control hair loss, which could be due to multiple reasons, including chemotherapy or side effect of drugs.
- It is useful in treating allergies, asthma, respiratory infections, and skin allergies.
- Eye diseases like cataracts and macular degeneration which are generally age-related can be controlled with adequate intake of vitamin E.
- Taken with other antioxidants like niacin, it is helpful in controlling the buildup of cholesterol.
Natural food sources contain enough amounts of this vitamin to meet normal daily requirements, and so consume the following.
- Green leafy vegetables, legumes, and vegetable oils
- Whole grains and fortified cereals
- Fruits and nuts and seeds
- Seafood, poultry, and meat
- Dairy products including fat-free or low-fat milk
Given its wide availability, deficiency is rare, but supplements may be required for premature babies with low-weight and in people with some genetic disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am a 17 year old girl . I developed a pea sized lump on the inner lining of my anus. It bleeds a little on touching . So far I have not experienced excruciating pain on bowel discharge. What could it be ? Please help me.
I am suffering from acidity from last three weeks. When I eat something a pain is happen in my stomach. When I go anywhere out then I feel very bad.
What are the symptoms of hepatitis b? And how to prevent it? Also I want to know what preventions to be taken?
More than 20 prospective studies have addressed components of diet and the risk of heart disease.
The type of fat consumed appears to be more important than the amount of total fat.
Trans fatty acids increase risk of heart disease while polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats decrease risk.
There is a controversy about whether it is optimal to substitute saturated fats with carbohydrates. An increase in carbohydrate tends to reduce the level of good high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol in addition to total and low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. Thus, the reduction in heart disease risk may be less than predicted by the reduction of saturated fat alone.
Observational studies have consistently shown that individuals consuming diets high in vegetables and fruits, which are rich in antioxidant vitamins, had a reduced risk of heart disease.
Results of a number of randomized trials are now available and show largely no significant clinical benefits of antioxidant vitamins on heart disease.
Supplemental vitamin C, E, and beta carotene cannot be recommended in the primary prevention of CHD.
Taking supplements without clinical benefits could, in theory, increase the risk if individuals mistakenly avoid therapeutic lifestyle changes or drug therapies with proven benefits.