Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Amol B. AkhadeYour feedback matters!
I have suffering pain in breast from last 2-3 days and also pain in pubic from today Why it occurs and what treatment I have done.
Which is the best mouth wash available in India, I heard some mouth washes which contain alcohol leads to oral cancer, Presently I'm using listerine.
Today is the WORLD CANCER DAY and the theme of this year is "We can, I can".... Yes we all can battle the cancer. But the irony is that majority of women ignore early signs and symptoms of cancer and do not consult doctors in time. And even some of these cancers are preventable if proper action is taken.
- What will you do if you feel gaseous distension (gas, bloating), acidity, constipation, change in bowel habit, decreased appetite, feeling of full stomach, weight loss and abdominal swellling? Majority of the women ignore these symptoms and take antacids before it is too late. But these are often symptoms of early ovarian cancer and thus if you ignore these symptoms, you are harming yourself. Ovarian cancer is difficult to treat if detected at late stage. But in early stage, it is curable. So, don't ignore these symptoms.
- Who are the women at risk of ovarian cancer- women who are not having baby, who themselves or close relatives (sister/ mother/ daughter) had history of cancer in breast/ ovary/ bowel/ uterus etc. But some women are at lower risk like those using Oral Contraceptive Pills- OCP(- the birth control pills can reduce the risk by 50%) and who had tubal ligation (permanent family lanning methods).
- If you had such risk factors, you must not avoid any such above mentioned symptoms. Rather you should consult gynecologist early. Ovarian cancer can be detected by ultrasound, CT scan, some blood tests (CA 125) and some cases biopsy may be needed. And remember, majority of the ovarian diseases are NOT cancer but you must be sure that it's not cancer causing your problem.
- If ovarian cancer is diagnosed, the treatment is surgery (to be done by expert personnels) and most of the women need chemotherapy.
- Ovarian cancer is common in elderly women but it can afect younger women also. So, all the women should take care of the above mentioned symptoms
Cancer of Cervix: Cervix is the mouth of the terus. In our country, this is the COMMONEST CANCER in GYNAECOLOGY affecting women whereas it is uncommon in the Western countries. The irony is that women die of this disease whereas it is TOTALLY PREVENTABLE
- It is caused by a virus (human papilloma virus- HPV) that is sexually transmitted (so afects sexually active women). But it has a peculiar feature that before cancer actually occurs, there is precancerous stage- when the cells of cervix shows some changes that we can detect and treat. So, if women regularly consult doctor (WHEN THEY DO NOT HAVE PROBLEMS), we can check if she is at risk of cervical cancer or not, by some simple tests (Pap Smear, HPV testing etc). Is such changes are found (that is not cancer) we can treat her so that she does not develop cancer. These method of detection, before disease occurs or before an individual feels that she is having disease, is called "Screening".
- Another method of preventing it is vaccination of HPV, that should be given to the adolescent girls before they become sexually active. Even it can be given in older women (who are sexually active), although the response is somehow lower than if given at early age. But vaccination is not alternative to screening. SO, both screening and vaccination should be done to prevent this cancer.
- Even if detected at early stage, it is totally curable. So, women should not ignore symptoms of excessive vaginal discharge (remember, all excessive discharges are not due to cancer), abnormal or heavy menstrual bleeding, bleeding occuring unredictably in between menstrualtion, bleeding after intercourse etc.
- It is treated by surgery and some cases may need radiation also.
Cancer of uterus
- Cancer of uterus is common after 50 years of age (although can occur at early years also). It is the commonest gynaecological cancer in the Western World. It mainly occurs in women who are obese (excessive weight), having diabetes or hypertension (high blood pressure), not having any baby, who are having personal or family history of cancer in uterus/ breast/ ovary/ bowel.
- It can be prevented by taking OCP (birth control pils) and controlling weight. In many cases, it is also preceeded by some precancerous changes (hyperplasia) that can be detected by ultrasonography and if needed small biopsy procedure.
- The common symptoms are abnormal heavy bleeding and bleeding after attaining menopause (after totall stoppage of menses). So, any abnormal menstrual bleeding must be properly investigated.
- It is usually well curable if treated early- by surgery and in few cases, may need radiation, chemo or hormone therapy.
Cancer of Vulva: The external genitalia of female is known as vulva. Cancer in vulva is relatively uncommon but still it can happen, especially those who are having diabetes, HIV positive or those having poor hygiene.
- Never ignore any symptoms of excessive itching in your private parts. It may be the early symptom of vulval cancer. Some cases, patient may have ulcer or tumour or bleeding.
- It can be detected easily by examination by doctor and then taking biopsy. It is treated well with surgery and some cases, radiation may be needed.
Sumary: Majority of the gynaecological cacers are preventable. They can be diagnosed early if women consult doctor at early stage. Majority of them respond to treatment.
What are the symptoms of blood cancer and What are the reasons that it occurs at teenage? As well treatments available which can cure it.
My friend is suffering from severe leg pain n left breast pain. why is it so. Is there any tablet to cure the pain?
My mother was suffering from Breast cancer. She operated in september 2013 successfully but after operation she was given 8 doses of chemo therapy and 20 doses of Radio therapy. After this treatment she remains good with usual checkups. But this year recently in this running month she complains about back pain and leg pain. After consult with Doctor they diagnosis with Bone scan test that shows distinct possibility of metastasis. They also gives the zoledron injection. Due to this injection she reliefs about 98 percent good and they also advised to take again 5 doses of Radio therapy.
I was a Prostate Cancer Patient stage 4, metastatized to Lymph Nodes and PSA 560. I underwent Orchidectomy Surgery and PSA steadily came down to 8 in 3 Months, 3 in 6 months, 2. in 9 months and 1.2 in ONE YEAR. Am I Cancer FREE or Cancer Cured or Cancer Controlled? What Further should I do to Prevent it from Recurrence?
Inbiltily empty balder, frequent urine nation Reports- All blood test normal Urine complete and culture test normal Prostate size normal No urine stricture present Psa test normal Problem- Post voidal urine in usg report 350 ml Uro flow test- very low After urine stricture test doctor advice me antibiotic zanocin 400 mg. While I have taking this antibiotic my urine flow is better for short period. But few days same problem.
My aunt is 64 year old and she is suffering from gall bladder cancer from 6 months and cancer is in fourth stage. It can be treat or not. Please give reply. We have all ready return from AIIMS delhi. But not relief.
Hello my age is 22 years recently I diagnose fibroadenoma in my both breast one is 4 cms doctor said that It will be safe remove from surgery remaining 8 are small lumps about 1 cm in both breasts I'm full sugar in future the small lumps (fibroadenoma) will turn too grow what precautions I should take to prevent this small lumps will go their own or they remain same how many days it will take to grow pizz what I should do I'm studying because of this I'm not concentrating on my studies.
Is treatment of stage 4 cancer possible. After taking chemotherapy. Is there any treatment in medical science in allopathy, ayurvedic or homeopathic.
Ovarian cancer is a broad term used to describe cluster of different types of cancers occurring in a single organ i.e. ovary. It can occur at any age- from infancy till old age , even though ovarian carcinoma in younger/childhood comprises only 20% of all ovarian cancers. Majority of ovarian cancers are epithelial - arising from the covering from ovary or from the fallopian tube or the lining of the peritoneum of the abdominal cavity.
The Silent Killer:
Ovarian cancer is called a silent killer as majority of patients report any symptoms when the disease is in the advance stage. Hardly 2-3% of all ovarian cancers cause bleeding or hirsutism, thereby seeking prompt treatment. Majority of ovarian cancer occurs in peri/postmenopausal women which reflect change in interior milieu in terms of hormones.
Since the symptoms are non-specific, women tend to ignore them due to growing age/menopause. Also, mostly women normally don't consult physicians for such non-gynecological complaints, thereby further delaying the diagnosis. It is recommended that women remain involved in their overall health and keep themselves updated to report any abnormality immediately to a specialist.
The main symptoms associated with Ovarian Cancer are:
Bloating sensation especially after heavy meals.
Increasing abdominal girth (especially if no change in diet or if regularly exercising).
Increasing heaviness (fullness) in lower abdomen.
Persistent Gastritis, if previously absent.
Inability to eat proper meal.
Increased frequency of urination.
Further, if there is family history of breast/uterine/ovarian cancer in first and second degree relatives, this increases the risk of developing ovarian and breast cancer. Such females should remain vigilant for above-mentioned symptoms and should report promptly.